Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Afrihost not answering support request anymore

Default Afrihost not answering support request anymore

Is it just me or does it seem that Afrihost services has dropped, they use to answer support request fairly quick, now that does not seem to be the case anymore.

Sent: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 at 14:04
    Subject: ClientZone - Support Request : Airtime
    Ticket: RLG-222-75564

This ticket has yet to be answered, which means the airtime that was not loaded, is still not loaded, there was a payment issue their payment system somehow never updated and still took money form the wrong account even tho it was changed on the 25th the last day you could do that. That was fix Afrihost was paid and service request logged so that they could add the airtime which they did not do (thinking it might be payment related) but anyways more than 24 hours later and zero replies, I had to resort to a forums.

So the biggest question has Afrihost now reach that stage where they are to big can't cope doesn't care anymore or still riding on the cloud telling them they are good, because I've seen this with mweb years ago and we all know how bad they got, has the time finally arrive that Afrihost is just not doing it anymore?

Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conkill View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem that Afrihost services has dropped, they use to answer support request fairly quick, now that does not seem to be the case anymore.

Sent: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 at 14:04
    Subject: ClientZone - Support Request : Airtime
    Ticket: RLG-222-75564

This ticket has yet to be answered, which means the airtime that was not loaded, is still not loaded, there was a payment issue their payment system somehow never updated and still took money form the wrong account even tho it was changed on the 25th the last day you could do that. That was fix Afrihost was paid and service request logged so that they could add the airtime which they did not do (thinking it might be payment related) but anyways more than 24 hours later and zero replies, I had to resort to a forums.

So the biggest question has Afrihost now reach that stage where they are to big can't cope doesn't care anymore or still riding on the cloud telling them they are good, because I've seen this with mweb years ago and we all know how bad they got, has the time finally arrive that Afrihost is just not doing it anymore?
    We definitely want to resolve our client's queries as quickly as possible. It looks like in this case, when the payment failed it was settled via debit order, which must be cleared and matched before we can load the airtime.
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

I am having the same issues with support. Contacted them yesterday and still no response. I've tried live chat and it has been busy the whole morning. Sent another email but still no answer from afrihost. Called support yesterday, it was a 40 minute wait. Tried calling again just now and it is a 25 minute wait. Who has got that kind of money to wait on a non toll free number, not me.

I am on the verge of canceling my order with Afrihost. It is because of the migration order I placed with them that I have been dead in the water for 4 days now. I have been on the phone every day waiting in queues for over 30-40 min at a time and I keep getting told the same inforamtion I heard from the last support person before I have to explain the situation again. I am still waiting for someone to call me back as promised every day.

I am also in the same boat. Sent an email yesterday early, received my ticket. 33 hours and absolutely no response, such disgusting service.

Quote Originally Posted by binkybozo View Post
    I am having the same issues with support. Contacted them yesterday and still no response. I've tried live chat and it has been busy the whole morning. Sent another email but still no answer from afrihost. Called support yesterday, it was a 40 minute wait. Tried calling again just now and it is a 25 minute wait. Who has got that kind of money to wait on a non toll free number, not me.
    That definitely sounds pretty frustrating. Feel free to drop me a PM with your query and I'll help get it resolved.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

Quote Originally Posted by N0vaCl0ud View Post
    I am on the verge of canceling my order with Afrihost. It is because of the migration order I placed with them that I have been dead in the water for 4 days now. I have been on the phone every day waiting in queues for over 30-40 min at a time and I keep getting told the same inforamtion I heard from the last support person before I have to explain the situation again. I am still waiting for someone to call me back as promised every day.
    Is it a DSL migration? You really shouldn't be sitting with any downtime at all. Feel free to PM me and I'll assist.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

I submitted a query on the 4th on an ongoing issue and to date have had no response from afrihost

Guess they have grown too fast and there is not enough support personal to handle the volume of complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne Macleod View Post
    I submitted a query on the 4th on an ongoing issue and to date have had no response from afrihost
    That's not good to hear at all! Can you please Inbox me the ticket reference number.
    "Great Scott!"

If you sent them an email, maybe log into ClientZone on the website and check if they didn't respond under support. I emailed them a couple of time in two weeks with no reply only to find out there was a reply in ClientZone but for some reason it didn't sent out an update email. They've fixed it now. There is sometimes a 24-48 delay.

Quote Originally Posted by RedViking View Post
    If you sent them an email, maybe log into ClientZone on the website and check if they didn't respond under support. I emailed them a couple of time in two weeks with no reply only to find out there was a reply in ClientZone but for some reason it didn't sent out an update email. They've fixed it now. There is sometimes a 24-48 delay.
    Definitely worth checking!

I can also check on the status for you, I just need the ticket ID.
    "Great Scott!"

Quote Originally Posted by AfriMan View Post
    We definitely want to resolve our client's queries as quickly as possible. It looks like in this case, when the payment failed it was settled via debit order, which must be cleared and matched before we can load the airtime.
    That was the case however since then payment has been made, so what else do I need to do send you my bank records showing that amount being deducted by Afrihost.

The query has not even been answered yet I've just been ignored now for days.

Also we talking about airtime = no airtime and you can phone, so I've basicly paid for airtime money has been taken and I haven't received any airtime I mean seriously your mobile side absolutely suck and anybody ready this thinking that it's an option to get mobile number with afrihost DONT you gonna have issues with APN and like now waiting on afrihost to actually load the airtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkill View Post
    That was the case however since then payment has been made, so what else do I need to do send you my bank records showing that amount being deducted by Afrihost.

The query has not even been answered yet I've just been ignored now for days.

Also we talking about airtime = no airtime and you can phone, so I've basicly paid for airtime money has been taken and I haven't received any airtime I mean seriously your mobile side absolutely suck and anybody ready this thinking that it's an option to get mobile number with afrihost DONT you gonna have issues with APN and like now waiting on afrihost to actually load the airtime.
    It looks like the delay in airtime allocation was due to the first credit card payment not going through on the 1st of the month. Debit Orders can take a bit longer to be completed. The moment the payment has cleared the airtime will definitely be allocated.
    "Great Scott!"

+ Reply to Thread