Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frustrated fibre ISP switch (on OpenServe)

Default Frustrated fibre ISP switch (on OpenServe)

I was a Telkom fibre (on OpenServe fibre) customer for more than 2 years. After the 24 month contract period expired I wanted to switch my ISP as I experienced a drop in speed on my 10mb line over weekends.

I did some research on here, asked around and it seemed like Afrihost would be a nice replacement for Telkom.

Based on the information I had I thought a switch from one ISP to another would be as simple as them flicking some switches and I would be changed over within 48 hours.

I cancelled my subscription with Telkom on 31 July and signed up with Afrihost.
    Afrihost sent me their free router and I waited for the Telkom 30 day notice to run out.

On 1 September my services with Telkom were ended and I did not have a connection anymore.

I contacted Afrihost thinking that I can now start using the internet through them. They sent me login details which I have entered into the router, but I could not connect to the internet. After a few logged calls and live chat sessions it was established that I had to wait, "the OpenServe fibre still had to be connected at my house."

Wait, what? I was sitting there, looking at the physical fibre line coming into my house...

Ok, I accepted it and waited. And waited. And then waited some more.

I followed up daily. No-one at Afrihost could help me and said the problem lied with OpenServe.

Eventually by the 20th of September I got fed up with the lack of answers from Afrihost. I cancelled my order with them and signed up with Vodacom fibre.

Today (5 October) a technician from OpenServe went to my house to do the fibre install. I received a B number (circuit number) and I thought, "Great, I'll be up and running again very soon."

Boy, was I wrong. Again.

I phoned Vodacom fibre to confirm that I have a B number, when can I receive my login details and their free router.

"7 - 21 working days" was their response...

Now I'm wondering, is this B number now MY B number?

Am I keeping this number for life or will there be a change if I want to switch in the future?

Is it possible to cancel the order with Vodacom fibre and go back to Afrihost or will the whole process start over?

Sorry for the long rant/post, but obviously I am clueless and any insights will be very much appreciated.

Looks like your fibre line got cancelled.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

I am having just as much frustration as you with migrating to Afrihost. Openserve cut my current line without authorization because of a migration order with Afrihost

Quote Originally Posted by N0vaCl0ud View Post
    Openserve cut my current line without authorization because of a migration order with Afrihost
    Did you apply with Afrihost to migrate to them?

Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    Did you apply with Afrihost to migrate to them?
    Yes, that is correct.

A few days after my migration order with Afrihost, I recieved a call on the 1 October from an Openserve technician and I told him that he must not do anything until the 26th October as I still have my current OpenServe line active and he acknowledged my request. To my frustration when I got home I was cut off. I called 10210 spoke to billing and support and they confirmed my line was still active but when they looked deeper after 30min of talking to them they confirmed my line was cut.

It has been 5 days now trying to get Openserve or Afrihost to help get my line active again

You should have reversed the cancellation with billing dept before you got cutoff. the tech just does what the system says and has no authority to do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    You should have reversed the cancellation with billing dept before you got cutoff. the tech just does what the system says and has no authority to do otherwise.
    There was no way to reverse this as billing or helpdesk said the cancellation order had not even been processed and they found it strange that I had been cut off. This is why I feel the communication between Afrihost and Openserve is lacking as it seems like broken telephone or lack of proper logging from support or tech.

They are try to resolve my issue for the last few days now which is why I am getting frustrated. I have spoken to a different support rep everyday and I have had to explain the situation several times already and they keep telling me that they will call me back.

That being said I did receive a call back after calling again this morning saying the Openserve liason at Afrihost should call me back shorltly. **holding thumbs
    Last edited by N0vaCl0ud; 06-10-2017 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by N0vaCl0ud View Post
    There was no way to reverse this as billing or helpdesk said the cancellation order had not even been processed and they found it strange that I had been cut off. This is why I feel the communication between Afrihost and Openserve is lacking as it seems like broken telephone or lack of proper logging from support or tech.

They are try to my issue resolve for the last few days now which is why I am getting frustrated. I have spoken to a different support rep everyday and I have had to explain the situation several times already and they keep telling me that they will call me back.

That being said I did receive a call back after calling again this morning saying the Openserve liason at Afrihost should call me back shorltly. **holding thumbs
    Just to add, on Openserve side it still says my account is active on billing side and on support systems but my line is cut.

+ Reply to Thread