Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WATCH: Blue-light bakkie smashes into car on N3, drives off

And if that blue light chap was on a emergency call? You do not know what that vehicle is for. You simply know it is a blue light.
    Inspector, undercover, hawks, new vehicle yet to be outfitted....
    By law you need to get of the way of a blue light vehicle, no ifs or buts. It was safe for mr Everest to do so, but typical of most drivers lately he had a **** you attitude towards the vehicle.
    And I would expect like most officers on their way to an emergency and being blocked by ********s this chaps was pissed off. He took his expression of anger to ofar, and that is all everybody wil focus on now. never mid the Everest being an ass, that is now overruled by blue light vehicle having anger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarsiep View Post
    And if that blue light chap was on a emergency call? You do not know what that vehicle is for. You simply know it is a blue light.
    Inspector, undercover, hawks, new vehicle yet to be outfitted....
    By law you need to get of the way of a blue light vehicle, no ifs or buts. It was safe for mr Everest to do so, but typical of most drivers lately he had a **** you attitude towards the vehicle.
    And I would expect like most officers on their way to an emergency and being blocked by ********s this chaps was pissed off. He took his expression of anger to ofar, and that is all everybody wil focus on now. never mid the Everest being an ass, that is now overruled by blue light vehicle having anger issues.
    Regardless of him having to get out of the way, what the driver of the blue light vehicle did is inexcusable.

And the driver of the bakkie has now committed an offence of hitting and running by not stopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicBunny View Post
    Regardless of him having to get out of the way, what the driver of the blue light vehicle did is inexcusable.
    Exactly. The family in the other vehicle could have been killed if the driver lost control after the crash

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Batista View Post
    I dont care if that is a fake cop or a real cop.The true idiot is the person refusing to move over into a another lane when someone wants to pass.
    For a two lane road:
    If the left lane is a convoy of trucks travelling 60km an hour. You turn into the right lane to pass the trucks. You are going 120Km/h. While busy passing the trucks another car comes up behind you at 140km/h.

Do you stay in your lane until you passed all the trucks or do you slam on the break until 60Km/h , go back in the left lane and get in between the trucks to let the person pass.

Sometimes you get situations where people are deliberately hogging the right lane but other times you have to put yourself in the other drivers shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Flash View Post
    I agree ! But there did seem to be another heavy duty vehicle up ahead , and that is why he remained in the right lane, by increasing his speed to eventually move over to left, once he passed the HD truck , but would have to slow down again in any event as there was a sedan passing the HD truck on the right, and he too was going too slow? The so called blue light cop needed to just show some more patience in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by skimread View Post
    For a two lane road:
    If the left lane is a convoy of trucks travelling 60km an hour. You turn into the right lane to pass the trucks. You are going 120Km/h. While busy passing the trucks another car comes up behind you at 140km/h.

Do you stay in your lane until you passed all the trucks or do you slam on the break until 60Km/h , go back in the left lane and get in between the trucks to let the person pass.

Sometimes you get situations where people are deliberately hogging the right lane but other times you have to put yourself in the other drivers shoes.
    I agree. Some people expect you to ask how high when they say jump.
    Last edited by Fro; 06-10-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Look, I agree that he should not have braked and caused the bump. But that is all that everybody now focus on, no the reason why he got so pissed. Back in the day when I was with flying squad you used to get idiots that will not move out the way. Precious moments were lost. You do not think 10 seconds lost is big, but 10 seconds here, 5 seconds there... It adds up.
    And the woman being raped hoping for help to arrive has to wait for the time you play at being a dick.
    A robber running away can get away in that minute you lost whilst being held up by people not giving way.
    Your husband fighting against two armed robbers while you wait for them to kill him and rape you, because some righteous prick refuseto get out of the way of the police vehicle.

The list is long and I have personal experience of this. Sitting in your car you block the blue light vehicle, without knowing anything of the situation.
    Last edited by Flarsiep; 06-10-2017 at 12:19 PM. Reason: removed swearing

That bakkie appears to have damage on the r/r 3/4 panel already. Not the first time its done this.
    [O|||||||O]

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Flash View Post
    I agree ! But there did seem to be another heavy duty vehicle up ahead , and that is why he remained in the right lane, by increasing his speed to eventually move over to left, once he passed the HD truck , but would have to slow down again in any event as there was a sedan passing the HD truck on the right, and he too was going too slow? The so called blue light cop needed to just show some more patience in my opinion.
    And Mr Everest doesn’t have to show patience?
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

"He hit me"

Correction, you hit him, and from behind.
    "The things I talk about are things that were always difficult for me to wrap my head around but became very important to me as a developer." - Jeremy Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
    "He hit me"

Correction, you hit him, and from behind.
    but the police vehicle tried to cut him off,

misjudged the distances and missed,

very bad form on the police driver for not stopping,

still think its a fake cop though, a real one wouldn't have done such a reckless move,
    if it was a real cop, would have flashed him, would have left his blue light on a bit longer,

hell maybe even hooted at him, but to cut him off that way isn't right.
    Bitcoin,Bitcoin, on the wall,

who's the wildest of them all?

hmmm.

the dashcam bakkie did not slow down when approaching the car infront, in fact he carried on trying to block the bluelight bakkie from passing him.

looking at the speed of the lines passing, it almost seems the dashcam bakkie attempted to speed up when the bluelight bakkie tried to pass, some(most) of these bakkies have poor acceleration at speed. the dashcam bakkie definitely did not attempt to let the apparent government/public service vehicle pass(is this not the rule of the road?)

both drivers got hardarse with each other, one not conceding to let the other pass, the other not conceding there is no space to change back into the late. most of the time this happens when the vehicle trying to pass is met with a vehicle accelerating when trying to do so.

feelings aside, dashcam bakkie is in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by access View Post

feelings aside, dashcam bakkie is in the wrong.
    you say that, but why then try merge when clearly you dont have space?
    I think it was a mistake at the wrong time that caused this.
    Bitcoin,Bitcoin, on the wall,

who's the wildest of them all?

Super Grandmaster

No matter how much of a dick dash cam guy was, what the "cop" did was completely wrong and irresponsible.
    Dash cam guy did not place anyone's life in danger.
    A-hole "cop" on the other hand could've ended some innocent lives, right then and there.

As for dash cam guy driving into the passing "cop"...well yeah...that's usually what happens when someone swerves in front of you. You're going to drive into them.

Mr Everest was looking for **** , and Chuck Norris was looking for even more ****, In this case both were at fault, but Chuck Norris is in more *** as he just drove off after the hit which he caused , normally Mr Everest being at the back and hitting into Chuck Norris would be at fault, but the Dash Cam saved him this time, Chuck Norris they will be looking to bring you in for questioning.
    Do what is right! Not what is easy! "http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/78-reach":

Quote Originally Posted by eg2505 View Post
    but the police vehicle tried to cut him off,

misjudged the distances and missed,

very bad form on the police driver for not stopping,

still think its a fake cop though, a real one wouldn't have done such a reckless move,
    if it was a real cop, would have flashed him, would have left his blue light on a bit longer,

hell maybe even hooted at him, but to cut him off that way isn't right.
    Yeah both in the wrong, one for not slowing down, the other for trying to jump the gap.

Not stopping though kinda put the icing on the cake for the blue light guy.
    "The things I talk about are things that were always difficult for me to wrap my head around but became very important to me as a developer." - Jeremy Bytes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast