Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: WATCH: Blue-light bakkie smashes into car on N3, drives off

Quote Originally Posted by eg2505 View Post
    you say that, but why then try merge when clearly you dont have space?
    I think it was a mistake at the wrong time that caused this.
    is it your place to challenge a vehicle with emergency lighting? you are supposed to allow their right of way.

like the N7 - N1 slipway/ramp towards cape town, cars coming from goodwood need to yield to the traffic on the right. sometimes they don't. you on the right can choose to carry on because you have right of way, but this might end up in an accident and you suffer just to prove a point. or you can asses the risk and avoid a collision, and pass the vehicle further along if they are in the way.

we are supposed to be practicing defensive driving and give way to emergency vehicle lights...

Super Grandmaster

Read the video description, people.

Driving Westerly 2kms on the N3 from exit 107. I was not able to go into left lane due to slow trucks. A blue light vehicle comes from behind, passes then brakes in from of me causing damage to my vehicle. They proceeds to drive off.
    Deliberate case of brake-testing because this is my road and you never got out of my way.
    Ottoman cannons can't destroy Byzantine walls. 1453 was an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by Batista View Post
    I dont care if that is a fake cop or a real cop.The true idiot is the person refusing to move over into a another lane when someone wants to pass.
    The law is the law, the ultimate objective is to avoid accidents, not to not hurt people's feelings. He could have overtaken them later had he waited 5-10 minutes

However, this is also reckless:

Deventer's footage shows that he was travelling at a speed of 115km/h while the Ranger passed on the left and then speeds up to 121km/h at the time of the collision.
    Last edited by STS; 06-10-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thestaggy View Post

Driving Westerly 2kms on the N3 from exit 107. I was not able to go into left lane due to slow trucks. A blue light vehicle comes from behind, passes then brakes in from of me causing damage to my vehicle. They proceeds to drive off.
    Deliberate case of brake-testing because this is my road and you never got out of my way.
    The guy is such a liar, he had more than 18 seconds to move left, let the blue light vehicle pass hom and then move back into the right lane, he would not even have needed to touch his brakes once.
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

Horse Crap. He could get out of the way quite easily. Look at that video. He had ample time to go left and back right, had he not accelerated to try and block the Emergency vehicle. You are suppose to get out of the way, not when convenient, the moment it is safe. HE could have gone left to get out of the way, slow down to allow emergency vehicle to get ahead and then back to resume.

But no one moves out the way because they are inconvenienced. 'oh noes, I have to break to allow emergency vehicle past. SO i'm gonna stay in the lane, block the vehicle until I can go over on my own sweet time.' Emergency vehicles are treated the same way as other vehicles who wants to get past, no more yielding for them or giving space.

Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    The law is the law, the ultimate objective is to avoid accidents, not to not hurt people's feelings. He could have overtaken them later had he waited 5-10 minutes

However, this is also reckless:
    That is a blue light vehicle, You think he wants to wait 5-10 mins on some idiots a55?

Also this guy and his wife knew full well what they were doing,there is cellphone and dashcam video there, so they knew.

These are the same type of people that will drive like idiots and when you look directly in their face at the robot they stare down or they stare somewhere else, acting like they have done nothing wrong.

I love getting into staring competitions, I am very good.
    I've walked for miles inside this pit of danger, a place where no one follows me, I walk alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarsiep View Post
    Horse Crap. He could get out of the way quite easily. Look at that video. He had ample time to go left and back right, had he not accelerated to try and block the Emergency vehicle. You are suppose to get out of the way, not when convenient, the moment it is safe. HE could have gone left to get out of the way, slow down to allow emergency vehicle to get ahead and then back to resume.

But no one moves out the way because they are inconvenienced. 'oh noes, I have to break to allow emergency vehicle past. SO i'm gonna stay in the lane, block the vehicle until I can go over on my own sweet time.' Emergency vehicles are treated the same way as other vehicles who wants to get past, no more yielding for them or giving space.
    Yeah Right ! Please? This was no Emergency Vehicle to start off with and if he really wanted to get in front of Mr Everest , he could have, He braked intentionally in front of Mr Everest - why don't you go look again at the video
    Do what is right! Not what is easy! "http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/78-reach":

Hell, he wouldn't even have needed to slow down, just continued driving at his initial speed.
    saor is a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Flash View Post
    Yeah Right ! Please? This was no Emergency Vehicle to start off with and if he really wanted to get in front of Mr Everest , he could have, He braked intentionally in front of Mr Everest - why don't you go look again at the video
    So you do not consider vehicles with flashing blue or red lights emergency vehicles?
    saor is a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    The guy is such a liar, he had more than 18 seconds to move left, let the blue light vehicle pass hom and then move back into the right lane, he would not even have needed to touch his brakes once.
    there was more than enough time for this maneuver to take place.

I never knew of the kph comment.

Deventer's footage shows that he was travelling at a speed of 115km/h while the Ranger passed on the left and then speeds up to 121km/h at the time of the collision.
    these type of drivers are a major problem. I see it daily.

people driving around half asleep, only to wake up when approached, then try speed up only to fall into a dwaal again when they think the vehicle approaching them no longer wants to overtake. then when you do overtake, you get fingers and hoots and lights flashing.

either way, give way to vehicles with emergency lights, slow down, pull over, stop if needed.

edit: actually, people have directly told me they don't let people pass them, they hate it.

So you do not consider vehicles with flashing blue or red lights emergency vehicles?
    Of course I do, but not when they are " Not marked " officially that such is the case !
    Do what is right! Not what is easy! "http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/78-reach":

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Flash View Post
    Of course I do, but not when they are " Not marked " officially that such is the case !
    Why is that?
    saor is a dumbass

Super Grandmaster

That didn't look like an emergency vehicle to me and I doubt it was one of the infamous 'blue light' brigaders because it isn't a black German luxury vehicle.

And regardless, brake-testing is one of the stupidest things you can do, especially at that speed and especially when an SUV/hi-rise bakkie is involved. You are basically turning an inconvenience in to what can easily turn out to be a horror smash.
    Ottoman cannons can't destroy Byzantine walls. 1453 was an inside job.

That didn't look like an emergency vehicle to me and I doubt it was one of the infamous 'blue light' brigaders because it isn't a black German luxury vehicle.

And regardless, brake-testing is one of the stupidest things you can do, especially at that speed and especially when an SUV/hi-rise bakkie is involved. You are basically turning an inconvenience in to what can easily turn out to be a horror smash.
    Even if it wasn't an emergency vehicle, what does the law say?
    saor is a dumbass

Why is that?
    They are not emergency vehicles - now are they?
    I mean if a guy has his hazards on and is coming behind me with speed and it's safe to do so, then I get out of his way of course, he might be responding to his wife in labour , or there might have been some sort of family emergency? I am not ignorant of these things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast