Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 107

Thread: WATCH: Blue-light bakkie smashes into car on N3, drives off

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eg2505 View Post
    you say that, but why then try merge when clearly you dont have space?
    I think it was a mistake at the wrong time that caused this.
    is it your place to challenge a vehicle with emergency lighting? you are supposed to allow their right of way.


    like the N7 - N1 slipway/ramp towards cape town, cars coming from goodwood need to yield to the traffic on the right. sometimes they don't. you on the right can choose to carry on because you have right of way, but this might end up in an accident and you suffer just to prove a point. or you can asses the risk and avoid a collision, and pass the vehicle further along if they are in the way.

    we are supposed to be practicing defensive driving and give way to emergency vehicle lights...

  2. #32
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Jo'burg
    Posts
    9,678

    Default

    Read the video description, people.

    Driving Westerly 2kms on the N3 from exit 107. I was not able to go into left lane due to slow trucks. A blue light vehicle comes from behind, passes then brakes in from of me causing damage to my vehicle. They proceeds to drive off.
    Deliberate case of brake-testing because this is my road and you never got out of my way.
    Ottoman cannons can't destroy Byzantine walls. 1453 was an inside job.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batista View Post
    I dont care if that is a fake cop or a real cop.The true idiot is the person refusing to move over into a another lane when someone wants to pass.
    The law is the law, the ultimate objective is to avoid accidents, not to not hurt people's feelings. He could have overtaken them later had he waited 5-10 minutes

    However, this is also reckless:

    Deventer's footage shows that he was travelling at a speed of 115km/h while the Ranger passed on the left and then speeds up to 121km/h at the time of the collision.
    Last edited by STS; 06-10-2017 at 01:18 PM.

  4. #34
    Super Grandmaster supersunbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Garsfontein, Pretoria
    Posts
    38,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thestaggy View Post
    Read the video description, people.

    Driving Westerly 2kms on the N3 from exit 107. I was not able to go into left lane due to slow trucks. A blue light vehicle comes from behind, passes then brakes in from of me causing damage to my vehicle. They proceeds to drive off.
    Deliberate case of brake-testing because this is my road and you never got out of my way.
    The guy is such a liar, he had more than 18 seconds to move left, let the blue light vehicle pass hom and then move back into the right lane, he would not even have needed to touch his brakes once.
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thestaggy View Post
    Read the video description, people.

    Driving Westerly 2kms on the N3 from exit 107. I was not able to go into left lane due to slow trucks. A blue light vehicle comes from behind, passes then brakes in from of me causing damage to my vehicle. They proceeds to drive off.

    Deliberate case of brake-testing because this is my road and you never got out of my way.
    Horse Crap. He could get out of the way quite easily. Look at that video. He had ample time to go left and back right, had he not accelerated to try and block the Emergency vehicle. You are suppose to get out of the way, not when convenient, the moment it is safe. HE could have gone left to get out of the way, slow down to allow emergency vehicle to get ahead and then back to resume.

    But no one moves out the way because they are inconvenienced. 'oh noes, I have to break to allow emergency vehicle past. SO i'm gonna stay in the lane, block the vehicle until I can go over on my own sweet time.' Emergency vehicles are treated the same way as other vehicles who wants to get past, no more yielding for them or giving space.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    The law is the law, the ultimate objective is to avoid accidents, not to not hurt people's feelings. He could have overtaken them later had he waited 5-10 minutes

    However, this is also reckless:
    That is a blue light vehicle, You think he wants to wait 5-10 mins on some idiots a55?

    Also this guy and his wife knew full well what they were doing,there is cellphone and dashcam video there, so they knew.

    These are the same type of people that will drive like idiots and when you look directly in their face at the robot they stare down or they stare somewhere else, acting like they have done nothing wrong.

    I love getting into staring competitions, I am very good.
    I've walked for miles inside this pit of danger, a place where no one follows me, I walk alone.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flarsiep View Post
    Horse Crap. He could get out of the way quite easily. Look at that video. He had ample time to go left and back right, had he not accelerated to try and block the Emergency vehicle. You are suppose to get out of the way, not when convenient, the moment it is safe. HE could have gone left to get out of the way, slow down to allow emergency vehicle to get ahead and then back to resume.

    But no one moves out the way because they are inconvenienced. 'oh noes, I have to break to allow emergency vehicle past. SO i'm gonna stay in the lane, block the vehicle until I can go over on my own sweet time.' Emergency vehicles are treated the same way as other vehicles who wants to get past, no more yielding for them or giving space.
    Yeah Right ! Please? This was no Emergency Vehicle to start off with and if he really wanted to get in front of Mr Everest , he could have, He braked intentionally in front of Mr Everest - why don't you go look again at the video
    Do what is right! Not what is easy! "http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/78-reach":


  8. #38
    Super Grandmaster supersunbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Garsfontein, Pretoria
    Posts
    38,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flarsiep View Post
    Horse Crap. He could get out of the way quite easily. Look at that video. He had ample time to go left and back right, had he not accelerated to try and block the Emergency vehicle. You are suppose to get out of the way, not when convenient, the moment it is safe. HE could have gone left to get out of the way, slow down to allow emergency vehicle to get ahead and then back to resume.

    But no one moves out the way because they are inconvenienced. 'oh noes, I have to break to allow emergency vehicle past. SO i'm gonna stay in the lane, block the vehicle until I can go over on my own sweet time.' Emergency vehicles are treated the same way as other vehicles who wants to get past, no more yielding for them or giving space.
    Hell, he wouldn't even have needed to slow down, just continued driving at his initial speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

  9. #39
    Super Grandmaster supersunbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Garsfontein, Pretoria
    Posts
    38,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marius Flash View Post
    Yeah Right ! Please? This was no Emergency Vehicle to start off with and if he really wanted to get in front of Mr Everest , he could have, He braked intentionally in front of Mr Everest - why don't you go look again at the video
    So you do not consider vehicles with flashing blue or red lights emergency vehicles?
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    The guy is such a liar, he had more than 18 seconds to move left, let the blue light vehicle pass hom and then move back into the right lane, he would not even have needed to touch his brakes once.
    there was more than enough time for this maneuver to take place.

    I never knew of the kph comment.

    Deventer's footage shows that he was travelling at a speed of 115km/h while the Ranger passed on the left and then speeds up to 121km/h at the time of the collision.
    these type of drivers are a major problem. I see it daily.

    people driving around half asleep, only to wake up when approached, then try speed up only to fall into a dwaal again when they think the vehicle approaching them no longer wants to overtake. then when you do overtake, you get fingers and hoots and lights flashing.

    either way, give way to vehicles with emergency lights, slow down, pull over, stop if needed.


    edit: actually, people have directly told me they don't let people pass them, they hate it.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    So you do not consider vehicles with flashing blue or red lights emergency vehicles?
    Of course I do, but not when they are " Not marked " officially that such is the case !
    Do what is right! Not what is easy! "http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/78-reach":


  12. #42
    Super Grandmaster supersunbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Garsfontein, Pretoria
    Posts
    38,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marius Flash View Post
    Of course I do, but not when they are " Not marked " officially that such is the case !
    Why is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

  13. #43
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Jo'burg
    Posts
    9,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flarsiep View Post
    Horse Crap. He could get out of the way quite easily. Look at that video. He had ample time to go left and back right, had he not accelerated to try and block the Emergency vehicle. You are suppose to get out of the way, not when convenient, the moment it is safe. HE could have gone left to get out of the way, slow down to allow emergency vehicle to get ahead and then back to resume.

    But no one moves out the way because they are inconvenienced. 'oh noes, I have to break to allow emergency vehicle past. SO i'm gonna stay in the lane, block the vehicle until I can go over on my own sweet time.' Emergency vehicles are treated the same way as other vehicles who wants to get past, no more yielding for them or giving space.
    That didn't look like an emergency vehicle to me and I doubt it was one of the infamous 'blue light' brigaders because it isn't a black German luxury vehicle.

    And regardless, brake-testing is one of the stupidest things you can do, especially at that speed and especially when an SUV/hi-rise bakkie is involved. You are basically turning an inconvenience in to what can easily turn out to be a horror smash.
    Ottoman cannons can't destroy Byzantine walls. 1453 was an inside job.

  14. #44
    Super Grandmaster supersunbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Garsfontein, Pretoria
    Posts
    38,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thestaggy View Post
    That didn't look like an emergency vehicle to me and I doubt it was one of the infamous 'blue light' brigaders because it isn't a black German luxury vehicle.

    And regardless, brake-testing is one of the stupidest things you can do, especially at that speed and especially when an SUV/hi-rise bakkie is involved. You are basically turning an inconvenience in to what can easily turn out to be a horror smash.
    Even if it wasn't an emergency vehicle, what does the law say?
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    Why is that?
    They are not emergency vehicles - now are they?
    I mean if a guy has his hazards on and is coming behind me with speed and it's safe to do so, then I get out of his way of course, he might be responding to his wife in labour , or there might have been some sort of family emergency? I am not ignorant of these things.
    Do what is right! Not what is easy! "http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/78-reach":


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Father drives over own baby with bakkie
    By schumi in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 18-03-2017, 03:48 PM
  2. Watch: cruise ship smashes into dock
    By BusinessTech in forum BusinessTech News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2016, 08:37 PM
  3. Watch: Boy smashes Rubik’s Cube world record
    By BusinessTech in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-11-2015, 09:01 PM
  4. Bakkie smashes into cyclists in Cape Town
    By LazyLion in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 01:41 PM
  5. Blue light Merc sends bakkie flying
    By Kornhole in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 06:55 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •