Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: WATCH: Blue-light bakkie smashes into car on N3, drives off

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post
    NRB Richards bay won't be hard to find I guess.
    Unless false plates

Quote Originally Posted by thestaggy View Post
    1 - Blue Light changed lanes when it wasn't safe to do so (ie he had not cleared Everest).
    2 - Blue Light, maliciously, stabbed the brakes when there was no need to.

I'll concede 50-50 on the actions of the Everest driver, but Blue Light was 110% a c*nt. If there was an accident upon contact it would've been all on the Blue Lights. As I said, Youtube has hundreds of these things going wrong.

Also, soon after clearing the truck the Everest is already showing signs that it is changing lanes and you can see that there isn't much of a following distance hence not much time to react if the Everest suddenly moved across with the Blue Lights. Have you ever wanted to change lanes and then decided against it because a car behind you started accelerating and moving out and you don't want to spook them?

Everest starts accelerating to clear truck because Blue Light is nearly on his bumper, possibly contemplating a lane change once he clears the truck. As they clear the truck Everest sees that Blue Light is starting to move towards the left to make an overtake and thus decides to hold his lane. Blue Light, aggrieved, sweeps past and decides to show Everest how alpha he is with a bonehead move.
    The problem is if the guy next to you in the lane is a **** and you can see he is driving like a ****, shouldn't you react accordingly? Speeding up and racing a guy who has nowhere to go is in itself creating a dangerous situation.

Guy was a moron for breaking in the middle of the lane but seems he could see he wasn't going to make it - the guy that smashed into him should have expected the same

In my opinion, the guy purposefully tried to antagonise the blue-light driver. He had enough opportunity to give way.

Super Grandmaster

I've got it now. If someone aggrieves me on my way home today I'm going to cause an accident. Perfectly rational to stamp the brakes at 120 km/h.
    Ottoman cannons can't destroy Byzantine walls. 1453 was an inside job.

The Everest driver deserved it. You're supposed to move over for a blue light vehicle, but no, he speeds up from 115km/h to 125km/h when being overtaken to piss off the other driver. If you antagonise somebody, don't be surprised when they react.

Plus if you're in a 120km/h zone doing less than the speed limit, you're a chop for not moving over for any vehicle who wants to pass. chop + douche = accident.

I've got it now. If someone aggrieves me on my way home today I'm going to cause an accident. Perfectly rational to stamp the brakes at 120 km/h.
    Please show where anyone said that?

EDIT: dammit, bloody Sensorei
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

Grandmaster

So, in conclusion:
    We can all sit here and speculate, but at the end of the day none of us were there in the car.
    None of us can say, "Ja, but he had enough time to move over," etc, etc, etc.
    People in cars misjudge shlt all the time.
    You simply can't judge anything from a video clip.

Maybe dash cam guy didn't feel it was safe to move over -no matter what it looks like to us.

Whatever the case may be and however big a douche dash cam guy was, the fact of the matter is this:

If "cop" waited 10 seconds, he could've passed without needlessly putting other people's lives in danger.
    The accident is 100% on "cop" -no matter how much of a douche dash cam guy was.
    This is what happens when two ********s meet on the road -thank fook no one was actually injured or killed.
    Last edited by Sl8er; 07-10-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_MAC View Post
    Not cool. But in all honesty, the Everest driver should have moved over, and to me it seems like he was even speeding up to not let him back in after overtaking him on the left..
    This^
    When a fuktard on the road comes to close for comfort, slow down.

Surely if this was a legitimate police vehicle or blue light brigade, don't they have like a siren as well? If yes, if they had an emergency or something, they would have put that on so that vehicles are aware, and thus move out of the way? No?
    The team were 9th in the Premier League in 2010 when they were sold to Venkys, they are now in the 3rd tier of English Football

Blackburn Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by Sean008 View Post
    Unless false plates
    Damn looks like we are back to square one. I think it's time to call in reinforcements.....

<snip>

Everest starts accelerating to clear truck because Blue Light is nearly on his bumper, possibly contemplating a lane change once he clears the truck. As they clear the truck Everest sees that Blue Light is starting to move towards the left to make an overtake and thus decides to hold his lane. Blue Light, aggrieved, sweeps past and decides to show Everest how alpha he is with a bonehead move.
    ^ This, plus Blue Light doesn't indicate when changing lanes (and could have been swerving between lanes prior to that) so it made Mr Everest cautious as to changing lanes right then and there.

At that point though, once Blue Light was in the left lane, Mr Everest should have eased off on the accelerator to let Blue Light pass...

The guy should have pulled over to the left as soon as he saw the flashing blue lights. That however does not excuse the deliberate and dangerous actions of the blue light vehicle.

Neither party belongs on the road.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog View Post
    ^ This, plus Blue Light doesn't indicate when changing lanes (and could have been swerving between lanes prior to that) so it made Mr Everest cautious as to changing lanes right then and there.

At that point though, once Blue Light was in the left lane, Mr Everest should have eased off on the accelerator to let Blue Light pass...
    This is also acceptable action indeed. Speeding up when the other vehicle overtakes on the left, is not appropriate action.
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

When an emergency vehicle flashes its lights it is time to move over immediately or let it pass.

However, the Dashcam saved the excitement for a proper investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraC View Post
    When an emergency vehicle flashes its lights it is time to move over immediately or let it pass.

However, the Dashcam saved the excitement for a proper investigation.
    Only if it is safe to do so and and and
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast