Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vodacom data with Mr.Price

Default Vodacom data with Mr.Price

I have a prepaid number with Vodacom since 1996, registered and Rica'd in my name. Earlier this week I received a call from Mr.Price Money offering me data on my Vodacom number. They advised that I will receive 1GB of data per month for 12 months which will cost me R79 per month. They said it will just be added to my number every month by Vodacom.

I have received a sms from Vodacom welcoming me to the 1GB 24 month TopUp. I contacted customercare on 111 to enquire what this is all about because I never signed up for any 24 month data contract. I spoke to a consultant by the name of Abdul who was not friendly or helpful at all. He was actually rude. He told me that he cannot assist me because my number that I've had since 1996 doesn't belong to me and that it belongs to MrPrice.

I asked him how it is possible that my number now suddenly belongs to MrPrice. I never gave anybody permission for any change of ownership. I never agreed to something like this. How can Vodacom now suddenly register my number in MrPrice's name. They have even changed my price plan.

Can someone please explain to me how this can happen. The agent refuses to assist me because he says the number doesn't belong to me.

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
    - Ronald Reagan

I would say say that maybe you should report a case of fraud at the police station, but then I can just imagine the blank confused stare you`ll receive from the other side of the counter.
    Last edited by Urist; 06-10-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SlowInternet View Post
    I have a prepaid number with Vodacom since 1996, registered and Rica'd in my name. Earlier this week I received a call from Mr.Price Money offering me data on my Vodacom number. They advised that I will receive 1GB of data per month for 12 months which will cost me R79 per month. They said it will just be added to my number every month by Vodacom.

I have received a sms from Vodacom welcoming me to the 1GB 24 month TopUp. I contacted customercare on 111 to enquire what this is all about because I never signed up for any 24 month data contract. I spoke to a consultant by the name of Abdul who was not friendly or helpful at all. He was actually rude. He told me that he cannot assist me because my number that I've had since 1996 doesn't belong to me and that it belongs to MrPrice.

I asked him how it is possible that my number now suddenly belongs to MrPrice. I never gave anybody permission for any change of ownership. I never agreed to something like this. How can Vodacom now suddenly register my number in MrPrice's name. They have even changed my price plan.

Can someone please explain to me how this can happen. The agent refuses to assist me because he says the number doesn't belong to me.
    The best and proven route to resolve your problem is.
    1) Compile a carefully constructed email to [email protected] making sure you obtain an Service Reference Number.
    2) Allow them to resolve, if not resolved within 7 business days then.
    3) Forward your original message with you requesting assistance of the office of the CEO by sending a email to [email protected] placing the Service Reference Number as the first word followed by the title as your subject line.
    The effort will yield good results.
    Last edited by Ivanr; 06-10-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Good luck Mr Price signed you up to a contract. Also if you refuse to pay them they will block your number.

Get the contract terminated by getting in touch with Mr Price cellular and say the contract was sold to you under false info. If that fails then you can try Vodacom but good luck in solving this one!

Super Grandmaster

Sheesh, the entrapment in this country! WTF do we have a CPA for?

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by SlowInternet View Post

when Mr P called you did you agree to the offer?
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    when Mr P called you did you agree to the offer?
    When Mr Price contacted me they only offered me data (1Gb x12 months). They didn't advise me at any stage that this is going to affect my price plan and therefor I will be on a new tariff and be paying double for my calls than what I currently pay. If I was given this information I never would have accepted this data offer. So they didn't give me proper information and basically withheld that information from me.

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post
    Good luck Mr Price signed you up to a contract. Also if you refuse to pay them they will block your number.

Get the contract terminated by getting in touch with Mr Price cellular and say the contract was sold to you under false info. If that fails then you can try Vodacom but good luck in solving this one!
    I did contact them and was advised that a supervisor will return my call but no luck so far.

Vodacom isn't helpful at all.

- Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanr View Post
    The best and proven route to resolve your problem is.
    1) Compile a carefully constructed email to [email protected] making sure you obtain an Service Reference Number.
    2) Allow them to resolve, if not resolved within 7 business days then.
    3) Forward your original message with you requesting assistance of the office of the CEO by sending a email to [email protected] placing the Service Reference Number as the first word followed by the title as your subject line.
    The effort will yield good results.
    Will give it a go. Thanks

- Ronald Reagan

Near the mountain that is named after furniture

Why do people still do deals over the phone when a stranger calls them from out of the blue? No wonder people get scammed easily.

Problem resolved. Vodacom kept on saying they can't do anything. Spoke to several MrPrice consultants without luck. So eventually I send them a email advising that legal steps will be taken. I advised them that they withheld important information regarding their so called data deal. They cancelled everything and I had to go to a Vodacom outlet to re-Rica the number in my name.

- Ronald Reagan

Super Grandmaster

Well done.

Now if only the other suckers that they scammed can get out of it...

Good now port away from Vodascum...
    It's easy to think that religion is a lie when all I see is the hypocrite through the splinters in my eyes.

Grandmaster

Had a same issue with edcon mobile.. were I got an sms that offered me R150 free airtime.... didn't reply nor agree on it... month end started receiving the R150 airtime, 3 months later I phoned 111 and was told Edgar own my number, gave then a call and ask them to send me proof that I signed up but they couldnt send it but released my number back to vodacom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast