Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: MTN uncapped lite

  1. #1

    Default MTN uncapped lite

    Hi, is anyone else still on the mtn uncapped lite contract? MTN throttles the line speed to 384kbps after 3gb fair use, which was still managable for general webbrowsing and slower dowloads, but it appears as if the throttle speed has been reduced to about 64 or 72kbps - which makes even normal webbrowsing a challenge. This happened from the 5th of Oct 2017. Did anyone else notice this change?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lourens Erasmus View Post
    Hi, is anyone else still on the mtn uncapped lite contract? MTN throttles the line speed to 384kbps after 3gb fair use, which was still managable for general webbrowsing and slower dowloads, but it appears as if the throttle speed has been reduced to about 64 or 72kbps - which makes even normal webbrowsing a challenge. This happened from the 5th of Oct 2017. Did anyone else notice this change?
    Hi,

    this is happening to me too, currently swearing at MTN over twitter.

    Can't even browse on speeds this slow.

    Is your MTN uncapped lite limited to 356kbps? Mine used to be limited to 256Kbps (32KBps) - now only getting 72 Kbps (8KBps)

    https://twitter.com/Faux_Grey/status/916006221156466689
    Last edited by Faux_Grey; 06-10-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    i7 4790k Noctua NH-D14, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 2x KFA2 HOF 1080, HyperX Fury 4x8Gb 1866Mhz,950 Pro 250Gb, NZXT 410, Seasonic SS1050w. Acer XG270HU.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi, yes I think it was 384kbps. But yes, at the moment it is way too slow to be useful- hopefully its just a temporary glitch, and they havenít implemented new speed limits. Iíve contacted them via Facebook, but so far havenít received a response. Have you had any feedback from them? Iíll try to go into a store tomorrow to find out what is going on. Definitely very frustrating!

  4. #4

    Default

    Did you receive any feedback from MTN with regards to this drop in speed?
    I have the same problem, first they told me to upgrade my sim card, then I had to change the APN but I still have the same issue.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caholt View Post
    Did you receive any feedback from MTN with regards to this drop in speed?
    I have the same problem, first they told me to upgrade my sim card, then I had to change the APN but I still have the same issue.
    Nope still no feedback from them. The last response was that their data department will get back to me. I've accidentally added two posts on this topic - you can read more on it over there. I know that you can get 256kbps on an lte simcard with an lte connection and an lte device, so the problem appears to only be on 3g. To what did they want you to change the apn?

  6. #6

    Default

    The new apn details they gave was APN Name: MTNSA and the APN was internet

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caholt View Post
    The new apn details they gave was APN Name: MTNSA and the APN was internet
    That's their standard apn, so wouldn't make a difference. I guess you spoke to customer care? They don't really know what's going on from my experience.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. MTN Internet High - Uncapped Lite / Uncapped Pro - what's the Fair Use Policy?
    By system32 in forum MTN Broadband and Mobile Internet | LTE, HSPA+, HSDPA, HSUPA, 3G, EDGE and BIS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 01:43 PM
  2. MTN Uncapped lite
    By Agent47 in forum MTN Broadband and Mobile Internet | LTE, HSPA+, HSDPA, HSUPA, 3G, EDGE and BIS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-06-2013, 09:28 AM
  3. MTN Uncapped Lite
    By robertwj in forum MTN Broadband and Mobile Internet | LTE, HSPA+, HSDPA, HSUPA, 3G, EDGE and BIS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-05-2012, 09:33 AM
  4. Openweb Uncapped Unshaped LITE vs Gold Shaped Uncapped
    By Freakboy in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-12-2010, 02:13 PM
  5. OpenWeb Uncapped Lite vs. Axxess Uncapped vs Afrihost "Power" 20+20?
    By cueball in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 12:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •