Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WATCH: Cop caught sleeping on the job in for rude awakening

Super Grandmaster

Default WATCH: Cop caught sleeping on the job in for rude awakening

Mbombela – A police officer from Mpumalanga is in hot water after he was caught on video sleeping on duty at the KwaMhlanga police station.

In the 45-second video doing the rounds on social media, the officer whose surname is Phaka – according to the name tag on his jersey – is seen fast asleep while members of the public wait to be assisted.

A woman can be heard saying "ulele (he is asleep)". The same woman can also be heard saying "udakiwe! (he is drunk!)".

Police spokesperson Brigadier Leonard Hlathi on Thursday said Mpumalanga provincial police commissioner Lieutenant General Mondli Zuma had taken note of and "is perturbed by a video clip making rounds on social media depicting a policeman sleeping on duty".

"The policeman depicted slouched on a chair unperturbed even by the noise caused by his colleagues and clients, appears to be sleeping at the community service centre. A preliminary probe suggests that the incident may have taken place at the KwaMhlanga police station," Hlathi said in a statement.

Hlathi said Zuma had assured the community that he would "leave no stone unturned when dealing with this type of behaviour".

"He has in the meantime called on all managers to display leadership and quality management skills at all times, irrespective of whether [they are] on or off duty," said Hlathi.

Hlathi said there would be a formal investigation into the matter.

News24
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...ening-20171006
    My views are not cast in stone

well he certainly is Phaka'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

Fikile, wipe the scat off your mouth. Nothing will happen, because in the past 20 years that it has been taking place, nothing has happened, because POPCRU.

Super Grandmaster

Well, this is the joke some people predicted SA would turn out to be, playing out before our very eyes.

And the DSTV Detective? What's happened with that one, Fikile?

Fikile is the biggest joke of the lot.

Super Grandmaster

I have taken an occasional nap at work, but this
    "The policeman depicted slouched on a chair unperturbed even by the noise caused by his colleagues and clients, appears to be sleeping at the community service centre. A preliminary probe suggests that the incident may have taken place at the KwaMhlanga police station," Hlathi said in a statement.
    How was he able to pull that off?
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

How do you not hear the noise lol... This is madness, and sometimes we wonder, how these okes became policemen and women in the 1st place
    The team were 9th in the Premier League in 2010 when they were sold to Venkys, they are now in the 3rd tier of English Football

Blackburn Rovers

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanbrfc View Post
    How do you not hear the noise lol... This is madness, and sometimes we wonder, how these okes became policemen and women in the 1st place
    Question is, didn't any of his colleagues notice this? surely that guy should have been in someone's way at some time when you reaching over for certifying stamp or forms? maybe his colleagues don't like him.
    Last edited by thechamp; 07-10-2017 at 11:50 AM.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Guy who works with me regularly falls asleep, sometimes during meeting, boss ignores him.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Robertvv View Post
    Guy who works with me regularly falls asleep, sometimes during meeting, boss ignores him.
    That is why having a meeting for the sake of having one should be banned, if you insist on having a meeting at least make sure it's interesting and the aircon is fully functional.

people often bemoan politicians who fall asleep during sittings but often my boss would fall asleep during those same things

infact once the chair of the trade and industry portfolio committee remarked in frustration that journalists came to their hearings to fall asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanbrfc View Post
    In selection, the attitude is pass one, pass all. So basically there is no selection. It is merely a "phase" that the incumbents have to go through. I watched once at the Pretoria West training college as a group of incumbents went through an "obstacle course". One of the obstacles is a wooden "wall", about 2m high. The incumbents have to run up to the wall and shimmy over it. No tactical skill or awareness is required, no firearms, no cover, no stressfire, no smoke grenades, no teargas/pepperspray. All that one has to do is to get over the "wall". Two young ladies were struggling, they both were in poor shape (they had backsides the size of a small country), and they just couldn't get over. They were obviously not built for the task, and their lack of upper body strength did not help them. After 3 or 4 tries, they lay down on their backs next to the obstacle, struggling to catch their breath, and eventually wandered off. The warrant officer in charge called them back and ordered two constables to bring chairs and to place them next to the wall. The two ladies stood on the chairs and tried again, but neither was able to get over the wall. Then the warrant ordered the constables to assist the ladies. One stood on the chairs and basically heaved the ladies over the wall. The other stood on the other side and helped them land. They were applauded upon landing on the other side, and continued along the rest of the course. I was stupefied to see these people, who were clearly not up to the task, receiving a full pass.
    The ANC's policy of turning all government departments into preferred employers with bloated staff counts, results in people being employed in vocations that they would never consider under normal circumstances. Being a teacher, nurse, soldier and a policeman are very special vocations, they are callings, not "djops". They require people of exceptional character, mental agility, skills and fortitude. No-one becomes a policeman for the paycheque, but sadly in SA they do, and they are encouraged. Lives are lost on a daily basis due to this ridiculous policy.

There are diseases that cause this and if the case your boss is probably aware of it.

+ Reply to Thread