Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvey Weinstein ousted by company after harassment claims

Default Harvey Weinstein ousted by company after harassment claims

Link:http://ewn.co.za/2017/10/09/weinstei...nt-allegations

LOS ANGELES – The Weinstein Co has fired co-chairman Harvey Weinstein, effective immediately, following reports of sexual harassment allegations against the executive, who was one of Hollywood’s biggest power brokers, the film production company said on Sunday.

The departure leaves Weinstein’s brother Bob, a co-chairman, and chief operating officer David Glasser at the helm of the company.

This is odd to me.

Reports of allegations - that shouldn't be sufficient to get fired, surely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    The more I look at the Giff of the one chick slapping the other chick... It actually turns me on...
    Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN963 View Post
    Umm she's slapping a dude..but cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN963 View Post
    This is odd to me.

Reports of allegations - that shouldn't be sufficient to get fired, surely?
    Yes, but the allegations are becoming too numerous and serious to ignore.

Four years ago, Michelle Obama praised Weinstein at a White House event.

“I want to start by thanking Harvey Weinstein for organizing this amazing day,” she said at the beginning of her remarks. “Harvey. This is possible because of Harvey. He is a wonderful human being, a good friend and just a powerhouse. And the fact that he and his team took the time to make this happen for all of you should say something not about me or about this place, but about you. Everybody — we are here because of you.”
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/06/...nderful-human/

After the Obama family returns from their post-inauguration vacation to Palm Springs, three of them—Barack, Michelle, and Sasha—will readjust to civilian life in Kalorama, a D.C. neighborhood located just two miles from their old digs. The missing family member? That would be 18-year-old Malia, who’s reportedly off to a new adventure: an internship for mega-producer Harvey Weinsten.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ein-internship

Now Thierry Frémaux, the director of the Cannes film festival, and I are calling on every US filmmaker to lobby against any move to bring Polanski back to the US, where he could face life in jail.

Whatever you think about the so-called crime, Polanski has served his time. A deal was made with the judge, and the deal is not being honoured. The theory going around is that the reason Switzerland cooperated and acted on a longstanding extradition order with the United States this time was because of their own troubles in the financial crisis.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...d-1794699.html

Link: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/0...tein-backlash/

Almost a year ago, the already tumultuous 2016 presidential campaign was shaken up some more when the world heard GOP candidate Donald Trump, caught on a leaked 2005 recording, brag about sexually assaulting women — and saying he could get away with it because he’s a celebrity.

snip

Stumping for Clinton a few days later, then-First Lady Michelle Obama gave an impassioned speech about why America should no longer tolerate men — especially men in power — assuming they have the right to talk about women in demeaning ways or to abuse their bodies and demand their sexual attention.
    Where are the Democrats now?

Shame, and B Obama sent his daughter Malia to intern with this sex pest.

For decades, stars of Oscar-winning movies produced by Mr. Weinstein appeared on the covers of glossy magazines, chitchatted with late-night hosts and provided fodder for gossip columns and broadsheet features while the uncouth executive partly responsible for their success maintained his special status in Beverly Hills and TriBeCa.

Somehow the whispers concerning his alleged hotel-room and workplace abuses never threatened his next big deal, industry award or accolades, which included an honorary Commander of the British Empire appointment.

The real story didn’t surface until now because too many people in the intertwined news and entertainment industries had too much to gain from Mr. Weinstein for too long. Across a run of more than 30 years, he had the power to mint stars, to launch careers, to feed the ever-famished content beast. And he did so with quality films that won statuettes and made a whole lot of money for a whole lot of people.

“The unfortunate reality of Hollywood is that if someone has money, then they can generally find some kind of audience of people who are interested in working with them,” said Kim Masters, the editor at large at The Hollywood Reporter. This was particularly true of Mr. Weinstein, who, she said, was known for having “the golden touch” that produced “Pulp Fiction” and “Good Will Hunting,” “The King’s Speech” and “Shakespeare in Love.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/06/b...-enablers.html

Default Harvey Weinstein ousted by company after harassment claims

That's huge news. The okes last name is/was affiliated with tons & tons of films.

Some more examples of western culture
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

Tip of the iceberg. The people running Hollywood and the media atm come across as really disgusting human beings. Probably related to how they view their fellow humans as animal-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Hockstetter View Post
    Shame, and B Obama sent his daughter Malia to intern with this sex pest.
    I suppose even sex pests have standards, so she probably were OK.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnz View Post
    Islamisation of the West.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnz View Post
    He is of Jewish/ME heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Hockstetter View Post
    He is of Jewish/ME heritage.
    And? Is he a industry captain in bollywood or Hollywood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

And Bill Cosby must be thinking:

You're doing it wrong bro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast