Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2041

Thread: Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    I hear you. Although I still don't see what you can do on a cheap android box that you can't do on an android tv box?
    I think its a bit of both either way
    Some apps are optimised for android tv OS dont work on cheap boxes

Some apps that work on android boxes arent availabe for Android TV OS.

Theres ways to get around it. Sideloading etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Volksieboi View Post
    no problem

Sorry its so long but hopefully it will help others if they ever need to get info on telkoms return/repair policy

If they come back and tell me that the box is faulty and that they have repaired it, i will demand that they replace it with a new unit in line with their 7 day policy. I explicitly told the staffer that dont want a repaired unit. I want a replacement.
    Have you heard/received anything from Telkom?
    I just received this so it seems as they are going to repair my 3 week old lit box?
    Ridiculous.

“Your LIT TV TVB100 TELKOM has been allocated to a Repair centre for repairs - Ref. We will contact you with any updates. Telkom Mobile. Please do not reply to this”

Quote Originally Posted by sactjt View Post
    Have you heard/received anything from Telkom?
    I just received this so it seems as they are going to repair my 3 week old lit box?
    Ridiculous.

“Your LIT TV TVB100 TELKOM has been allocated to a Repair centre for repairs - Ref. We will contact you with any updates. Telkom Mobile. Please do not reply to this”
    Yeah got the same sms today.

Now we wait.

Yeah got the same sms today.

Now we wait.
    That means it took them a week to get the thing to a repair centre

It would have taken 5 minutes in the store to determine that the usb ports werent working.

Might take the repair centre 2 weeks tondo that

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Innes View Post
    Sorted thanks
    Please let me know how you went about this? Certain Apps like Netflix are not working properly or load very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanbrfc View Post
    So whose USB port has stop reading hard drives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanniebos View Post
    Mine stopped reading flashdrives this week
    Mine wasnt working out of the box
    Both ports?
    Nothing to do with formats?
    Just dead?
    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Both ports?
    Just dead?
    Not picking up at all. Only the 1 port picked up my drive initially.
    The team were 9th in the Premier League in 2010 when they were sold to Venkys, they are now in the 3rd tier of English Football

Blackburn Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by rph72 View Post
    Any configuration one has to do? Or do you just install and it automatically does what it needs to? Or do you have to indicate which apps you want to have ads blocked?
    The team were 9th in the Premier League in 2010 when they were sold to Venkys, they are now in the 3rd tier of English Football

Blackburn Rovers

Any configuration one has to do? Or do you just install and it automatically does what it needs to? Or do you have to indicate which apps you want to have ads blocked?
    For me it just works automatically with regards to blocking Terrarium and Youtube ads.
    SsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsS SsSsSs SsSsSsSsSsS SsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsS

Quote Originally Posted by SeRpEnT View Post
    For me it just works automatically with regards to blocking Terrarium and Youtube ads.
    Brilliant. Thanks. Will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebowl View Post
    Please let me know how you went about this? Certain Apps like Netflix are not working properly or load very slowly.
    I've sideloaded the Netflix apk listed on the previous page or two, can't remember offhand. with regards to the static route I'm connected via ethernet, IP settings, static. I noticed that the third set of digits in the ip address for both the assigned address and router address were missing a digit,add in missing digit, next put the dns providers details in and sorted.

I've noticed that my load time is slow either way and streaming on the ESPN app is terrible, this is off a 40mbps VDSL line.

Still can't get the Eurosport APK to work

Not picking up at all. Only the 1 port picked up my drive initially.
    Hmmm ... , USB ports are funny things - USB memory sticks and drives are even stranger.

Have a Samsung USB 3 memory stick that does not get picked up by the USB 3 port or the USB 2 port next to it on the left hand side of my Lenovo laptop, but works perfectly on th USB 2 port on the right hand side of the laptop - an assorted number of other USB devices have other preferences on other computers - a Razer Naga gaming mouse has similar issues with being fussy about ports etc.
    Good coffee should be, black like the Devil, hot like Hell, and sweet as a Kiss - Hungarian Proverb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Both ports?
    Just dead?
    Both dead yeah. But its within 7 days. So they better replace.

Their ts and cs say so

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Innes View Post
    I've sideloaded the Netflix apk listed on the previous page or two, can't remember offhand. with regards to the static route I'm connected via ethernet, IP settings, static. I noticed that the third set of digits in the ip address for both the assigned address and router address were missing a digit,add in missing digit, next put the dns providers details in and sorted.

I've noticed that my load time is slow either way and streaming on the ESPN app is terrible, this is off a 40mbps VDSL line.

Still can't get the Eurosport APK to work
    I see, well I've gone back to Google's public DNS for now and I'm using Terrarium TV with Real Debrid to sort everybody out so long

i'm using firefox.

when i try to click on a link to download nothing happens. is there some setting that i need to enable?
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137 LastLast