Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge finds Ahmed Timol was pushed to death, did not commit suicide

Quote Originally Posted by battletoad View Post
    Could it be that closure's only available to a select few? If you've nothing to say about this specific incident, rather shut up or go make another thread to bitch in.
    Yep.. only the selected we see in the news... Timol's family, including all the other terrorist caders.

People should put stuff that happened in context..

Necklacing is the practice of summary execution and torture carried out by forcing a rubber tire, filled with petrol, around a victim's chest and arms, and setting it on fire. The victim may take up to 20 minutes to die, suffering severe burns in the process.
    They usually did this to their own people..
    Last edited by evilstebunny; 13-10-2017 at 12:09 PM.

I guess the whataboutism police are off duty today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

Resident Postwhore Mephisto_Helix's Avatar

It would have been interesting to hear what new evidence was actually uncovered .... not that I doubt it happened this way, just curious to see what could not remain covered after all this time.
    - Full Scale Revolt -
    : Riot :
    - Bring It Down -

Super Grandmaster

but the court accepted the evidence of several top-ranking apartheid-era SACP members who testified that this was not the case and that imprisonment was seen as a badge of honor.

Judge Motlhe commended for their courage the numerous former political detainees who testified in horrifying detail about their own torture at the hands of the apartheid-era security police.
    Sounds like a highly politicised case.

Also, seeing as everyone directly involved in the incident is now deceased, I'm curious as to what new evidence was brought forward?
    Ottoman cannons can't destroy Byzantine walls. 1453 was an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by Oppiekoffie View Post
    Lots were bombed as well, or shoujldn't we bring up the truth here?
    Yeah everyone knows about that, we do not know about these because they have been covered up.
    Human beings in a mob, What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god? What’s a god to a non-believer?
    Who don’t believe in anything?

Quote Originally Posted by saturnz View Post
    I guess the whataboutism police are off duty today.
    But the police of today are no better and even more corrupt with many of them involved in hijackings and murders on a much more rampant scale than back then.

Hows that?
    "The things I talk about are things that were always difficult for me to wrap my head around but became very important to me as a developer." - Jeremy Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
    But the police of today are no better and even more corrupt with many of them involved in hijackings and murders on a much more rampant scale than back then.

Hows that?

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

Super Grandmaster

But whataboutthatotherbombnecklacingetcetc
    “Stupidity was as necessary as intelligence, and as difficult to attain.”

Quote Originally Posted by Oppiekoffie View Post
    It doesn't, just some attention seekers, crybabies

As replied to piggie

And what about all those people who were injured and killed in the bombs by the so called "freedom fighters"
    Remember Stompie

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    But whataboutthatotherbombnecklacingetcetc
    Don't forget about Stompie

Anybody know what the new evidence was?

This all happened a while back, seems very unlikely there would be new evidence, even more so if there was a coverup.

It'd be interesting to see what it was that could make the judge give this finding.

Sons, a former security branch lieutenant who commanded a small group of non-white police officers, was surprised to hear an administration clerk would be tasked with the responsibility of guarding a detainee, let alone Timol.
    This is all I could find with a 2 second google search.

Doesn't seem very convincing, without a doubt, to say he was pushed?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba View Post
    Those Apartheid police were bad... lots of people were killed and lots varnished by the hands of the police. .... dark days
    Ya.
    According to the Tutu Revenge Commission, apartheid was responsible for 7000 deaths during its forty year history.
    Last edited by nightjar; 13-10-2017 at 08:18 AM.
    Nightjar to chunk10 - “Up yours”

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by friedpiggy View Post
    My only question is, How does this help the country now? How is finding that 40 years ago mr. xyz from the apartheid state killed mr. abc doing anything to solve the problems in this country? It does sod all. Yes apartheid was terrible in some respects. In other ways it wasn't that bad. The same thing with the Nazi dudes, killed a couple million people, but they did institute a massive public works program that led to the autobahn etc. So not 100% bad then.

The biggest issue in SA is that everyone is so focused on what happened 40-80 years ago that they have taken their eyes off the present and the future.
    the family have been asking for the inquiry for years, he did not commit suicide and the corrupt cops were basically not prosecuted for this crime. until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I'm not so sure.

How could Timol's murder possibly help the Security Police or the apartheid state? If they had intended to get rid of Timol they would almost certainly have done so in a way that didn't attract the world's attention, not by pushing him out onto a pavement in full view of the public in SA's biggest city.

South Africa was under intense scrutiny at the time, by the local and international media and dozens of anti-apartheid groups and governments. A very public death at the local police headquarters was the last thing the regime needed or wanted as that only played into the hands of those pushing for isolation and sanctions.

I think that the original finding is far more likely - that Timol snapped under torture and lunged through the window to end it.

I also suspect the pay clerk Rodrigues was not present at the torture-interrogation session and was roped in afterwards, and thus lied in the original inquest.

I'm not sure how this gives closure to the Timol family.

(I say this as an opponent of the apartheid state. I have been arrested and questioned by the Security Police, and been detained without trial in solitary confinement at John Vorster Square. I know the cells there.)
    so all the stuff they hid and lied about this one they didnt.

you may claim to be not supporter of Apartheid state, but have just defened one action of theirs?

In detention-Chris van Wyk

He fell from the ninth floor
    He hanged himself
    He slipped on a piece of soap while washing
    He hanged himself
    He slipped on a piece of soap while washing
    He fell from the ninth floor
    He hanged himself while washing
    He slipped from the ninth floor
    He hung from the ninth floor
    He slipped on the ninth floor while washing
    He fell from a piece of soap while slipping
    He hung from the ninth floor
    He washed from the ninth floor while slipping
    He hung from a piece of soap while washing
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast