Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge finds Ahmed Timol was pushed to death, did not commit suicide

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    you may claim to be not supporter of Apartheid state, but have just defened one action of theirs?
    How do you dredge up such utter crap?

Nothing I've said vaguely amounts to a defence of their actions. Quite the opposite, in fact: I said Timol was tortured - in my book that alone is despicable crime.

Saying that the original finding about suicide induced by torture is more plausible than this inquest 45 years later is not a by any stretch a defence of their actions.

Makes me seriously question your ability to be fair.
    Last edited by Arthur; 13-10-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Super Grandmaster

Name:  heksejag.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  134.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
    But the police of today are no better and even more corrupt with many of them involved in hijackings and murders on a much more rampant scale than back then.

Hows that?
    Look at who you're replying to
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post

Nothing I've said vaguely amounts to a defence of their actions. Quite the opposite, in fact: I said Timol was tortured - in my book that alone is despicable crime.

Saying that the original finding about suicide induced by torture is more plausible than this inquest 45 years later is not a by any stretch a defence of their actions.

Were the apartheid police really so inept that they'd allow presumably high value prisoners an opportunity to routinely hang themselves, slip on various objects to tumble out high storey buildings, jump out, etc. Nah, that is BS, if they thought you valuable enough to interrogate there's no way they'd let you have a chance at an easy escape. For all their faults, the security police were good at what they did.
    “Stupidity was as necessary as intelligence, and as difficult to attain.”

you may claim to be not supporter of Apartheid state, but have just defened one action of theirs?
    Suppose that's defend ? Anycase - So what if he or I support(ed) the apartheid state - Is a supporter of the communist ANC now a better person ? Or holier ?

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    Were the apartheid police really so inept that they'd allow presumably high value prisoners an opportunity to routinely hang themselves, slip on various objects to tumble out high storey buildings, jump out, etc. Nah, that is BS, if they thought you valuable enough to interrogate there's no way they'd let you have a chance at an easy escape. For all their faults, the security police were good at what they did.

especially within this context

Quote Originally Posted by infscrtyrisk View Post
    They delivered on their mandate at the time and certainly weren't incompetent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

What a waste of court time this was.
    Theres so many different worlds
    So many differents suns
    And we have just one world
    But we live in different ones

Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    Look at who you're replying to
    Don't really know him. He be trolling?
    "The things I talk about are things that were always difficult for me to wrap my head around but became very important to me as a developer." - Jeremy Bytes

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Did I hit a nerve?
    I said Defend one of their actions i.e Murder - you claim its Likely he killed himself?
    The original inquiry was in 1972 by whom? do you really expect us to believe that inquiry was not a farce or by a lesser argument at least not prejudicial?
    - you were around those days, can you with 100% certainty claim they would not have killed him?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNW View Post
    Suppose that's defend ? Anycase - So what if he or I support(ed) the apartheid state - Is a supporter of the communist ANC now a better person ? Or holier ?
    It's not about Holier then Though but the fact that he claims not have supported their actions, yet can somehow believe they wouldn't kill a man?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrotappel View Post
    What a waste of court time this was.
    Why can the family not have closure?

The actual (alleged) killers are long dead, You do understand this will probably mean opportunity families of other people killed there to request further inquiries.
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

The actual (alleged) killers are long dead, You do understand this will probably mean opportunity families of other people killed there to request further inquiries.
    boring... its more fun to criticise the current government by measuring performance in dollar terms, because the dollar is real
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba View Post
    Those Apartheid police were bad... lots of people were killed and lots varnished by the hands of the police. .... dark days
    While the police, under instruction, did many wrong unexcusable things, it always seems to be forgotten how many people died at the hands of the various black factions attacking each other.

My childhood years I was in Durban. In those last remaining years before the end of apartheid our domestic helper and her 3 children spent many nights either sleeping in bushes or on our lounge floor. Her hubby had died not long after the birth of her youngest.

My mother rather let them sleep in our house than in bushes as she said it was safer for them there and they had protection from the weather too.

Why did her hubby die? Because he got killed for refusing to join any of the fighting groups. At that point the groups were more about fighting eachother than about standing up to end apartheid.

I'm not sure how this gives closure to the Timol family.
    If he didn't commit suicide, then they'll believe he can get to heaven? Should make them sleep easier at night and was probably worth it to them

It's not about Holier then Though.

the family have been asking for the inquiry for years, he did not commit suicide and the corrupt cops were basically not prosecuted for this crime. until now.

so all the stuff they hid and lied about this one they didnt.

Name the cops being prosecuted.
    Theres so many different worlds
    So many differents suns
    And we have just one world
    But we live in different ones

These thread responses are telling
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast