Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Huawei Mate 10 / Pro Review, tips and tricks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This phone is next level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Super chargers are geeqy newspapers for your battery

Luckily super chargers are a good thing. Ohibe and charger "talks" to each other via a built in chip. Name of the chip escapes me now 😀 I've done extensive reading on it as the same thing worried me. It turns out that the chip inside means your battery cannot overcharge as it cuts out the charging when done. It also means, depending on the phone, that it is able to charge much faster than other phones until the battery reaches a 50 percent charge

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaVince View Post
    So with my old phones, I would put them on charge before bed and disconnect in the morning. But I have heard before that you shouldn't leave a phone on the charger once it hits 100%. So with these new advanced super chargers would it be a very bad idea to charge them overnight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had my P10 since December. Unfortunately I did not take the box with me on holiday, the day after I got it, as I started having problems with the camera and having to reset to default the whole timer. I was worried as you have 7 days to do a swapping out and I came back to Johannesburg 18 days or so later. To my relieve MTN swapped it out for me without a hitch. Apparently, not sure though, Huawei has a 6 month swap out policy on it.
    I love the frigging camera. When you take photos of a plate of food, I love cooking, it shows a little knife and fork icon and adjust the colours automatically so the food gets some colour. Usually food pics come out very bleak.
    It picks up sky pictures, faces etc.

It can do light painting, slow mo, wide aperture which shocked me by making the back less focused and the face so clear. I looked like a pro. The portrait mode smoothes out skone tone and makes me look great on a selfie and others happy with their photos I take of them.
    You can also focus on and track a moving object which I still have to try.
    I love the smart assistant settings like the ring volume going lower when you pick up the phone, answer just by raising the phone to my ear etc.
    Your can also wake up the phone with a spoken phrase and ask "where are you" This makes it wring with a little voice going, I am here. 😀 Sounds giod but I'm battling to get it to work.

My jury is out on the battery life though. It lastsrme from 7 am, usually to about 7pm and then shuts down on me.
    When I used the ultra power saving mode in an emergency the battery lasted way past the time I needed. I switched off all except calls and SMS.. O did see however that you can set it to keep a few apps awake like Facebook, WhatsApp etc. I didn't try it though as I was in a restaurant and wanted to be able to make a call at night on my way home.

It is a great piece of tech and I can say much more. If you need help with it just ask. I know it pretty well by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pro 10 is a great piece of tech, my view

]I've had my P10 since December. Unfortunately I did not take the box with me on holiday, the day after I got it, as I started having problems with the camera and having to reset to default the whole timer. I was worried as you have 7 days to do a swapping out and I came back to Johannesburg 18 days or so later. To my relieve MTN swapped it out for me without a hitch. Apparently, not sure though, Huawei has a 6 month swap out policy on it.
    I love the frigging camera. When you take photos of a plate of food, I love cooking, it shows a little knife and fork icon and adjust the colours automatically so the food gets some colour. Usually food pics come out very bleak.
    It does the same for plants, the sky, faces etc.

It can do light painting, slow mo, wide aperture and which shocked me, by making the back less focused and the object in front so clear. I looked like a pro. The portrait mode smoothes out skin rone and makes me look great on a selfie and others happy with their photos I take of them.
    You can also focus on and track a moving object which I still have to try.

I love the smart assistant settings like the ring volume going lower when you pick up the phone, answer just by raising the phone to my ear etc.
    Your can also wake up the phone with a spoken phrase and ask "where are you" This makes it ring with a little voice going, I am here. 😀

Sounds giod but I'm battling to get it to work.

My jury is out on the battery life though. It lasts from 7 am, usually to about 7pm and then shuts down on me.

When I used the ultra power saving mode in an emergency the battery lasted way past the time I needed. I switched off all except calls and SMS.. I did see however that you can set it to keep a few apps awake like Facebook, WhatsApp etc.
    I didn't try it though as I was in a restaurant and wanted to be able to make a call at night on my way home.

It is a great piece of tech and I can say much more. If you need help with it just ask. I know it pretty well by now.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what I find odd ?

My P9 has a 'flash' on the screen when taking selfies but the Mate 10 Pro doesn't ?
    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post

My P9 has a 'flash' on the screen when taking selfies but the Mate 10 Pro doesn't ?
    More importantly, why are you taking selfies?
    Samsung Galaxy S9+ | Gear S2 Classic
    Join Super Rugby 2018 Telegram Chat

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faniebraai View Post
    More importantly, why are you taking selfies?
    Instagram!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instagram!
    I thought I've met you before... you didn't look like a chick from what I remember

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faniebraai View Post
    I thought I've met you before... you didn't look like a chick from what I remember
    Technically ... You were in the same selfie !

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically ... You were in the same selfie !
    OMG yes

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I woke up this morning to two lovely surprises.
    Note the WiFi icon top left next to the cell c name.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Mate 10 Pro does have a 'flash' in selfie mode. I just tested it. It's disabled though if you use portrait mode, or at least I think so.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SykomantiS View Post
    The Mate 10 Pro does have a 'flash' in selfie mode. I just tested it. It's disabled though if you use portrait mode, or at least I think so.
    I'll have to try.

Is there a setting or something?

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flash is either auto or off. Not really anything else I can see regarding settings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627