Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Upgrade to a "fun to drive" car

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alkit View Post
    So the day finally arrived yesterday

Thanks guys for all your help and back and forth (Especially @epah - You almost gave up on me and BMW at one stage). I will probably write a detailed review once I have gone over 2000km and broken it in.

Bought a brand new BMW M140i Shadow Edition:
    Attachment 510439
    Attachment 510441
    Attachment 510443

Just some quick pics I took after I got home.

So far I'm loving it - it really is an awesome car (even though I'm keeping revs under 4000, it still moves like a rocket in sports mode).

The ONLY thing I'm not certain on - this car originally came with the bicolour mags. On BMW configurator site, the black mags looked different to how they look in real life (and I really liked them in the pic, so told the dealership to change them out for the black ones). Do you guys like the current black mags or should I still try get the old, bicolour mags back (like the below picture)?:

Attachment 510445
    what a beauty. Most certainly glad I could help. Man that thing is gorgeous and you made the right choice, enjoy her. Canít wait for the review.
    Yo Soy La Princesa

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black wheels are more for sporty wheels imo. I would change them back to the standard colour. But can you do that now that you've driven with these on ?

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would try to get the bicolour mags, but then again I pretty much don't like black mags on any car.

As for the "careful in the wet" comments, sure don't do anything stupid, but as long as you keep the nanny aids on you should be fine as long as you don't do anything stupid. You will probably have some "oh ****" moments, but the car should keep you off the kerbs. Again, as long as you don't do something stupid at high speed.

The Gauteng BMW car club has some skidpan events at Zartkops every now and then. It's a good opportunity to see just how safe or dangerous these cars can be in the wet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132