Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: City of Cape Town caucus recommends De Lille's removal

Grand Master of the Friendzone Chris_the_Brit's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon_R View Post
    Rich coming from the UDM. The national UDM leader, Bantu Holomisa, has been supporting the former deputy mayor in PE, who is also a UDM official, despite evidence of corruption.
    Communism never sleeps, never changes its objectives, nor must we. Our first duty to freedom is to defend our own. ~ Maggie Thatcher

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grant Twigg, DA metro leader, said: “Patricia De Lille has lost the confidence of the Metro Executive, the relevant political authority. We are of the view that the City of Cape Town requires stability, unity and functionality - which we believe she cannot deliver.”
    So a motion of no confidence it is? since they don't seem interested in proving that she is guilty of some wrongdoing.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Grand Master of the Friendzone Chris_the_Brit's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    Weren't her wings clipped back in June being suspended and all that?
    Well remember the initial calls were for her to be removed as Western Cape Premier. AFAIK, she agreed to be more careful on social media (what she is allowed to tweet) but I don't think she is still suspended from DA activities.
    Communism never sleeps, never changes its objectives, nor must we. Our first duty to freedom is to defend our own. ~ Maggie Thatcher

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    Rich coming from the UDM. The national UDM leader, Bantu Holomisa, has been supporting the former deputy mayor in PE, who is also a UDM official, despite evidence of corruption.
    Of course, they are not saying this because they believe in the innocence of De lille, they are just doing opposition politics. But it does seem that the DA are not interested in proving all the wrongdoings that they accusing her of, isn't that odd?
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yebocan View Post
    She served her purpose....sewed up the coloured vote....Bonginkosi Madikizela will be the next mayor... -the Zille wing of the party has won this round.
    And that can very easily be lost again.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cr419 View Post
    And that can very easily be lost again.
    Probably to another party, but not to the ANC.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    So a motion of no confidence it is? since they don't seem interested in proving that she is guilty of some wrongdoing.
    It all added up to a black Friday for the mayor‚ who was also due to provide the DA with reasons she should not resign following an investigation by a subcommittee of the party’s federal executive. The subcommittee found management and governance-related problems at the city council.
    In one of his allegations‚ Kesson alleged that De Lille had asked him to bury a report with damning allegations of corruption involving more than R43m in a MyCiTi bus tender.

The council resolution echoed this: “Council notes the allegations … that the executive mayor prevented the city manager from reporting the allegations against Whitehead to council and directs that an investigation be conducted into the matter.”
    https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/na...igation-shows/

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grubscrew View Post
    More power to the Fighters.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grubscrew View Post
    True, but now the big question is to who? Because quite obviously the ANC don't give two ****s about the coloureds in the WC, so who do we vote for? With Patricia there we have at least some kind of representation, with her gone, who do we trust to look after our best interests? Sure as hell not Helen Zille.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but now the big question is to who? Because quite obviously the ANC don't give two ****s about the coloureds in the WC, so who do we vote for? With Patricia there we have at least some kind of representation, with her gone, who do we trust to look after our best interests? Sure as hell not Helen Zille.
    The non racist utopia of South Africa. One can only vote for the person who has the same skin colour.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post
    The non racist utopia of South Africa. One can only vote for the person who has the same skin colour.
    Far from that actually, this is not about skin colour. It's actually a very honest question, which of the politicians will look after our interests? The ANC don't give a ****, as can be seen with what happened at the depart of correctional services. The DA has unfortunately a reputation of looking more after the affluent. Who will look after the interests of the mostly poor coloureds in the WC. Patricia was a trusted figure.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because nobody mos cares about the poor coloureds. Shame hey.

Vote for the Patriotic Alliance if they still exist. Their rhetoric seems to be right up your alley.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DA is a very fractured party. Due to the strength of the ANC most opposition merged into the DA but if you look at the break down of their support base it is a very diverse group with very different life views. They have under their banner the liberal white groups, many conservatives, a good chunk of the coloured and indian vote, and increasingly black middle class voters. I think the weaker the ANC becomes the more it will fracture the DA too as the strength of the ANC was the main thing holding the DA together.

If I look at myself I think the DA is way too liberal for me, on the other hand the VV+ is way too conservative. There is not really a middle ground democratic party that is for the more middle of the road voters.

pre 94 you had that in place. The DP was liberal, the NP was kind of middle of the road, and the CP was more right wing conservative. Our current political landscape is very mired in the history of racism. I hope we can outgrow that and get back to politics about ideology again. While the ANC definitely has a labour/communism ideology background and favours the unions etc if you look at underlying policy they are not that different from the DA in terms of what is put on paper. They are just inept at implementing said policy and limiting corruption.

Anyways, interesting to see how this pans out. I hope the DA survives this and manages to grow through it as I still believe for now they are the best hope for this country but I worry that once the ANC does implode they will face a similar fate due to the diversity they are trying to force into one party.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eti1 View Post
    Because nobody mos cares about the poor coloureds. Shame hey.

Vote for the Patriotic Alliance if they still exist. Their rhetoric seems to be right up your alley.
    I don't even know wtf that is. From their my ****ing question. Good God, can some of you just for once in your ****ing lives ignore the skin colour of those involved and actually ****ing look at the question asked.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cius View Post
    The DA is a very fractured party. Due to the strength of the ANC most opposition merged into the DA but if you look at the break down of their support base it is a very diverse group with very different life views. They have under their banner the liberal white groups, many conservatives, a good chunk of the coloured and indian vote, and increasingly black middle class voters. I think the weaker the ANC becomes the more it will fracture the DA too as the strength of the ANC was the main thing holding the DA together.

If I look at myself I think the DA is way too liberal for me, on the other hand the VV+ is way too conservative. There is not really a middle ground democratic party that is for the more middle of the road voters.

pre 94 you had that in place. The DP was liberal, the NP was kind of middle of the road, and the CP was more right wing conservative. Our current political landscape is very mired in the history of racism. I hope we can outgrow that and get back to politics about ideology again. While the ANC definitely has a labour/communism ideology background and favours the unions etc if you look at underlying policy they are not that different from the DA in terms of what is put on paper. They are just inept at implementing said policy and limiting corruption.

Anyways, interesting to see how this pans out. I hope the DA survives this and manages to grow through it as I still believe for now they are the best hope for this country but I worry that once the ANC does implode they will face a similar fate due to the diversity they are trying to force into one party.
    You see, that's my problem as well. None of the current political parties appeal to me at all. I'm just voting for the DA because at least with them you will get better service delivery and less corruption (hopefully).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast