Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: City of Cape Town caucus recommends De Lille's removal

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Cr419 View Post
    I don't even know wtf that is. From their my ****ing question. Good God, can some of you just for once in your ****ing lives ignore the skin colour of those involved and actually ****ing look at the question asked.
    Have I misread you?

It seemed that you spoke about the "coloured vote" and the fact that "we" will have no representation if Patricia is kicked out of the DA. A sentiment which I am not on board with as someone classified as coloured. So if you are actually concerned about the poor in general and not about coloureds in particular, then I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eti1 View Post
    Have I misread you?

It seemed that you spoke about the "coloured vote" and the fact that "we" will have no representation if Patricia is kicked out of the DA. A sentiment which I am not on board with as someone classified as coloured. So if you are actually concerned about the poor in general and not about coloureds in particular, then I apologise.
    Politically I am very uninformed, admittedly, from their my question. And unfortunately most voters are like that. I used to vote for PdL and from what I could gather she did not do to bad, even when she moved to the DA. The perception might be that she has her roots in the ground. The rest, I only know what I read in the news. And as i said, the DA has a bit of a reputation on the ground of only looking after the rich (or rich areas). With that perception, and Aunty Pat out, they might just loose a chunk of their voters. I am a bit in two minds about voting for them. But, who do I vote for? Does any one of these politicians actually give a damn about the average guy out there?

The coloured vote will be up for grabs in the WC. Helen as usual is on a destruction rampage. I see another formation of a coloured party, with the likes of De Lille and Fransman teaming up. I'll hate to be coloured in this country - used by both blacks and whites.

A Djinn

Does any one of these politicians actually give a damn about the average guy out there?
    They wouldn't be politicians if they did.
    Happy Rusev Day

Far from that actually, this is not about skin colour. It's actually a very honest question, which of the politicians will look after our interests? The ANC don't give a ****, as can be seen with what happened at the depart of correctional services. The DA has unfortunately a perception of looking more after the affluent. Who will look after the interests of the mostly poor coloureds in the WC. Patricia was a trusted figure.
    A perception is not the same as a reputation. Please point out all the evidence the DA has in Cape Town that they look more after the affluent. Especially when they put stupid things like a drought tax into play that does not affect poor people.

A Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by rza View Post
    I'll hate to be coloured in this country
    Thank god you didn't perm your hair before the pencil test.
    Happy Rusev Day

Quote Originally Posted by Eti1 View Post
    Have I misread you?

As much as I despise the term "coloured" , in fact it feels as derogatory to me as using the word kaf$$r or nig$$r and this coming from a white guy, I have to say that I feel in the new South Africa that the "so called coloured" population is for better or worse basicly on the same fence as the white man for the most part.

Whites and coloureds are getting excluded in the new south africa for the most part on the same scale so I dont see why any coloured should suddenly stop voting for a party just cause one person of apparent same skin colour get booted from the DA.
    Last edited by John Tempus; 10-01-2018 at 12:16 PM.

I'll hate to be coloured in this country - used by both blacks and whites.
    Oh the humanity!
    I believe posters are recognised by their sig... so I made one.

The coloured vote will be up for grabs in the WC. Helen as usual is on a destruction rampage. I see another formation of a coloured party, with the likes of De Lille and Fransman teaming up. I'll hate to be coloured in this country - used by both blacks and whites.
    A coloured party ? What the fk does this even mean ? Will it be on par with the white nationalist nazi party ? Is it something completely different ?

This kind of thinking is completely mind numbing.

The second she teams up with that molester, her career is as good as gone. I don't know one person who would vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja'd View Post
    They wouldn't be politicians if they did.
    True, so that leaves me voting for the DA as it's probably the best out of a rotten bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post
    A perception is not the same as a reputation. Please point out all the evidence the DA has in Cape Town that they look more after the affluent. Especially when they put stupid things like a drought tax into play that does not affect poor people.
    It's a perception, and my opinion a bit as well. No evidence for my opinion unfortunately. But I can tell you, and I'm not the only one thinking that.

Get De Lille charged and in court. No political solutions.
    If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there

Super Grandmaster NarrowBandFtw's Avatar

which of the politicians will look after our interests?
    If you're looking to a politician to take care of your interests you're looking in the wrong place. They're all different flavours of scum without exception.

Having said that, we might as well vote for the lesser scum or the unfamiliar scum rather than the tried-and-failed scum. Despite being forever painted as the "white afrikaner" party I actually think the VF+ is more likely to care about the so-called "coloured interests" than any other current political party.

Looking after our agriculture sector should have the side effect of benefiting those who live / work on / manage farms as well, not to mention the critical benefit of securing our food supply.
    none so blind as those who refuse to see

http://lucidramble.com

Yep, this is the crazy part of politics. A lot of people vote not for what they want a politician to do, but with who they identify with. In race based SA that means many people will not vote for a party that they do not identify with in terms of leadership. For instance when Zuma became leader KZN support for he went up significantly. Zulu's like voting for a Zulu.

If you think about it we should vote for the outcome regardless of what the person looks like. We should vote for the policies that we want, not the person. This seldom happens. I would guess under 5% of voters have ever examined the policies of the parties they vote for in this country. They may have seen some of the main points via news or political speeches but that is about it.

The thing SA needs right now is clear policy. The ANC has presented some very coherent economic policies but has failed to implement most of them due to a variety of reasons, the main ones being constant shuffling of ministers, their relationship with the unions, and general lack of will. Just look at the electricity situation. Disastrous delays to build new power stations lead to massive blackouts that cost business billions and now we have the plants finally right when renewables are cutting the cost of power and putting Eskom into the utility death spiral. To top it off they half implemented the REDS legislation a decade ago which was supposed to add a separate body over distribution. So you would have Eskom generating, distributors moving to the edge of the cities and towns, and councils doing the last mile infrastructure. REDS never went fully live but it did leave a lot of uncertainty so both existing parties stopped investing in the infrastructure they would one day have to hand over to the REDS guys. This leads to massive amounts of unnecessary power failures in SA as this aging equipment slowly dies. All the ANC needs to do to fix this is either implement it, or back out and revoke the existing REDS stuff but they seem to not care enough to do either. In the meantime the economy suffers untold losses.

The other thing the ANC does is implement stuff that makes no sense or has proven to be a bad idea elsewhere in the world. Like outcomes based education, AA and BEE, etc. They also take forever to put critical stuff in place to enable the economy as so brilliantly demonstrated about a million times by the endless stream of communication ministers, transport ministers, etc.

At this point SA politics has reached the point where ideology is a non factor for the educated. The only thing we care about is who we think will actually do something and do it right for the economy. Most educated people have realized the ANC is incapable of that and have switched to the DA. The EFF has started to sweep up the uneducated who want change but don't realize how disastrous Malema's policies would be. The rest of the uneducated still vote ANC and a few are starting to switch to other parties, or are still in the other parties (like the IFP). Anyways, I doubt firing De Lille will help the DA next election. Still, someone needs to do something to change this as if we continue to lose GDP growth the way we are eventually a Malema type party will win over the poor and then we are going to bleed.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowBandFtw View Post
    If you're looking to a politician to take care of your interests you're looking in the wrong place. They're all different flavours of scum without exception.

Having said that, we might as well vote for the lesser scum or the unfamiliar scum rather than the tried-and-failed scum. Despite being forever painted as the "white afrikaner" party I actually think the VF+ is more likely to care about the so-called "coloured interests" than any other current political party.

Looking after our agriculture sector should have the side effect of benefiting those who live / work on / manage farms as well, not to mention the critical benefit of securing our food supply.
    I've got no experience or knowledge about the VF+, will google them a bit. But, I don't see them carrying the interests of anybody but their current voter base.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast