Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering starting to pay (new) e-Tolls...

@Venemous thanks for the response, I am registered with outa.

I don't necessarily disagree with the concept of tolling the highways. It is a valid way to reduce congestion IF there are proper alternatives to using a car. But I'll be damned if I'm the only sucker paying.

Anyway, at one stage I owed something like R6k . Then after a while I only owed R300. And I definitely didn't pay.

Don't pay. Keep the money separately and wait for them to write the debt off. At the very least there should be another "last chance" discount.

What amount are we talking about here by the way? I wouldn't blame you too much for paying if it's in the R100 000s.

If you give up now you are making it more difficult for the rest of us who are still standing up against ANC corruption, therefore don't expect any sympathy from me over your decision if you decide to pay.

I say pay. You clearly want to, and came here seeking approval.

Super Grandmaster

meh all debt prescribes after 3 years unless you acknowledge it, which you will when you sign up.
    weird that you even considering this, and that you avoid highways, **** them, these highways have been paid for and the fact the government has decided to allocate the funds from the fuel levy to social grants instead of road maintenance as it is meant to be used, **** them and etolls.
    Anyhow no issues selling a car, nobody gives jack **** about etolls, it is not even a consideration, etolls is a dead horse except for some idiots that have kept it barely going on minimal life support.

[QUOTE=Barbarian, Conan;

Anyway, at one stage I owed something like R6k . Then after a while I only owed R300. And I definitely didn't pay.

Don't pay. Keep the money separately and wait for them to write the debt off. At the very least there should be another "last chance" discount.

What amount are we talking about here by the way? I wouldn't blame you too much for paying if it's in the R100 000s.[/QUOTE]

What luck to have your 'debt' cancelled! I also expect that they may offer another last chance discount..

I haven't a clue how much I 'owe' as I started binning their statements unopened after it reached a few K, but I would guess around 20K+. Maybe I should give myself a surprise, nice or nasty, and check!
    Last edited by ouette; 24-01-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lived666 View Post
    meh all debt prescribes after 3 years unless you acknowledge it, which you will when you sign up.

I found this interesting article but it needs to be read fully to the end for the full picture.
    https://rcci.co.za/e-toll-debt-prescribe/

Must be JW

I am not paying, especially since I get bills for various other cars with my number plate. The whole car must pay not user must pay thing is also BS, those aren't my cars, you've got access to e-natis, if you cannot spot the difference between a Toyota,VW,Chevrolet I'm not going to pay.
    I've been around for a long, long year

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ouette View Post
    Hello everyone. I'd appreciate your thoughts and experiences. The eTroll matter is just taking so long to resolve, and there is no end in sight.

I do not pay and despite avoiding tolled freeways as much as possible, over the years the amount Sanrall claims I owe has mounted up.

I do not want to be faced with a mountain of debt to pay off in a couple of year's time if when this mess resolves through the courts it is decided that motorists must pay their outstanding debt, so I am considering paying new tolls going forward (but not charges previously Incurred).

My concern is that this will be seen as an admission on my side that I owe the past debt, putting me in a position where legally I have to settle the debt, or there are other consequences.

I am also wondering if anyone can advise if it is a problem to sell a car with outstanding e-Tolls?

Looking forward to a rational discussion.
    Don't do it.
    Think about this for a minute:

Do you really think they (sanral) would be sitting with all that debt owed if they knew they would win in court?
    I promise you, the first time someone would've refused to pay, they (sanral) would've been on them (in court) like white on rice.
    This not being the case, is very telling

we stand unite on this in the past and will be in future. so don't bother paying.

Taxation is theft, do not pay it if you can help it.
    "We are taught to accept whatever we are told as true, no questions. The more official the source is, the more likely the majority will believe." - Nanfeishen

Render to Caesar the things that are Caesarís, and to God the things that are Godís.
    Caesar makes out that etolls are Caesars' things, when in fact etolls are unlawful, the result of corruption, gross ineptitude and mismanagement, all ANC trademarks. As a result, "Caesar" gets nothing from me, but I shall change my stance if a court of law finds that etolls are in fact lawful. Being a good steward of God's things that He has blessed me with, I pay my etoll bills into my vehicle HP, and when that was paid up, my home-loan. In the eventuality that a court of law finds in favour of Caesar, I will pay them. There are many that do not, that is their choice. Maybe Caesar will "geef them anotha chans".
    Name:  200w_d.gif
Views: 94
Size:  33.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by infscrtyrisk View Post
    There should be an entrance exam for mybb membership -- basic cognitive abilities, such as reading and the ability to comprehend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12