Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: De Lille denies new bribery, corruption complaint laid by DA

Super Grandmaster

So, who do we vote for now, UDM ?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    Cape Independence Party.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by garp View Post
    Cape Independence Party.
    hate to admit, but they are looking rather appealing..
    BSG -the best show!

Quote Originally Posted by Vrotappel View Post
    It seems to me as if formal charges were laid (opened a case) by the DA. Article is not well written.

DA lays criminal charges against de Lille
    Ah cheers mate.
    Best Sports Betting -> Your guide to South African Bookies

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Hy kom...
    Solank hy net nie proe daaraan nie.

Super Grandmaster

Embattled De Lille hires EFF's Mpofu to fight her case against DA

Cape Town - Embattled Cape Town Mayor Patricia de Lille, who is possibly facing the axe through a vote of no-confidence next week, has roped in the services of the prominent lawyer and EFF national chairperson Dali Mpofu.

On Thursday, De Lille lodged an application with the Western Cape High Court in which she seeks to have next week’s motion of no-confidence against her should be done by secret ballot, and that the DA can’t compel it’s councillors on the party’s instruction.

On Friday the DA threatened that should De Lille persist with her application, the party would seek a punitive costs award for "abusing the court's process with pointless and unfounded" litigation.
    More at : https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/...st-da-13197662
    My views are not cast in stone

motion of no-confidence against her should be done by secret ballot, and that the DA can’t compel it’s councillors on the party’s instruction.
    Very weird they expected the above from the ANC, while they themselves do not do it this way.

Super Grandmaster

WATCH: Baaskap in the DA, says De Lille

Cape Town - A baaskap culture and so-called white boys’ club at the Democratic Alliance (DA) are the driving forces behind attempts to oust her, said Cape Town mayor Patricia de Lille on Friday.

In an exclusive Weekend Argus interview, De Lille literally lifted her boxing gloves and said she was now “fighting for my reputation that they are hell-bent on tarnishing”.

The DA mayor is serving her second term meant to conclude in 2021 but factions within her party want to remove her from office.

To this end, a vote on a no confidence motion against her in the City of Cape Town council has been scheduled for Thursday.

De Lille said she had appointed advocate Dali Mpofu to lead her court case at the Western Cape High Court on Tuesday.
    She wants the court to rule that the proposed vote be held in secret. “There’s a lot of support for me by councillors but James Selfe and Mmusi Maimane told them if they don’t vote against me they can sign their resignation letters,” said De Lille.

“I’m going to court to allow councillors to have a secret vote. Then people can vote with their conscience.”

Selfe is the DA’s federal council chairperson and Maimane is the party’s national leader. Selfe on Friday cautioned De Lille against the court case.

“The DA has already made it clear that every councillor is free to vote with his or her own conscience no threats or disciplinary action will be taken against (city council) caucus members regarding their vote,” said Selfe.
    More at : https://www.iol.co.za/weekend-argus/...lille-13209191
    My views are not cast in stone

Quote Originally Posted by schumi View Post
    Name:  9-18-race-card-checkmate.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  31.6 KB
    Max Du Preez on Venezuela - And 16 years ago it seemed that the country could become a model state

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Cr419 View Post
    Very weird they expected the above from the ANC, while they themselves do not do it this way.
    That's how hypocrisy works, also don't forget that voting with a conscience is also not allowed this time.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Grand Master of the Friendzone Chris_the_Brit's Avatar

Embattled De Lille hires EFF's Mpofu to fight her case against DA

More at : https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/...st-da-13197662
    Quite revealing she chose a prominent EFF person.

Grand Master of the Friendzone Chris_the_Brit's Avatar

More at : https://www.iol.co.za/weekend-argus/...lille-13209191
    Says the person who was part of the PAC...do you think we forgot about all this?

It is interesting to look back to the early 1990s and some of the quotes which defined de Lille’s perspective on matters such as minority rights, the attacks by members of her PAC party on the St James Church and the Heidelberg Tavern, the murder of Amy Biehl, our diplomatic ties with the Operation Gukurahundi war criminal Robert Mugabe and the need for MPs to fulfil the parliamentary duties for which they are paid. It would be entirely justified to say that, in her first decade as an MP, fomenting hatred against the white minority was a singular and venomous focus of her political endeavours.

28 July 1993

De Lille states that she and the PAC are not in favour of power sharing and if the PAC gets a majority in government they will discard everything negotiated at the World Trade Centre.

In an interview, de Lille states that the PAC is not willing to form any kind of coalition government and that the PAC, if voted into power, would discard whatever consensus was reached at the planned World Trade Centre negotiations.

“No, we (the PAC) are not in favour of power sharing and if we get some kind of majority in the constituent assembly, we will say to hell with whatever they agreed in the negotiations.” – (The Sowetan, 28 July 1993)

31 November 1993

De Lille denigrates women in general and says with few exceptions – herself obviously – few of them have what is required for holding high political office.

In the run up to the negotiations that would later produce South Africa’s democratic Constitution, de Lille states, “Women are strange animals. They’re petty and jealous and I don’t see why they should be represented at the negotiating table when very few of them have any contribution to make.” – (Tribute, 31 October 1993)

Name:  Freedom-Charter.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  81.1 KB

As a leading member of the PAC, de Lille places on record the fact that the party found the opening clause in the ANC Freedom Charter that, ‘South Africa belongs to all who live in it, black and white.’ to be unacceptable.

Asked about this in an interview, de Lille said: “We must first get our land back, then we can sort out the other details.” – (Die Suid-Afrikaan, 31 December 1993)

12 January 1994

With a clear disinterest in concepts like transparency and accountability, de Lille refuses to answer a question on whether she and the PAC accepted the fact that its armed wing, APLA, were involved in two terrorist attacks on innocent civilians which saw 15 people murdered and dozens seriously injured.

In an interview with David Hall-Green on the SABC programme Good Morning South Africa, de Lille first obfuscates and then bluntly refuses to answer the question whether the PAC had prior knowledge on the actions of APLA, with regard to the St James Church massacre and the Heidelberg Tavern attack.

David Hall-Green: But now are you going to be prepared to say right now, as you sit there, that the PAC at this stage does not know whether or not the St James Church massacre or the Heidelberg Tavern were perpetrated by people belonging to APLA?

Patricia De Lille: It is not only the PAC that did not know. It is the whole country.

Hall-Green: You’re saying you don’t know. The PAC does not know?

De Lille, interrupting: The whole country, David, until such time a person has been charged and tried in a court of law, then we can for sure say. At the moment the police are still busy with investigations in the St James attack, the Heidelberg attack and they must still conclude their investigation.

Hall-Green: So you don’t know whether those were your people or not?

De Lille: We don’t know if our people are guilty, but we do know that certain people have been arrested as suspects in this case and they are members of the PAC…

Hall-Green: That’s about it for this particular discussion, and we say our thanks to Patricia de Lille. Before you go, I want to ask you please once more to answer us – a yes or no answer – regarding the knowledge that the PAC has of the actions of APLA. Can you say that you do not know that APLA is in fact operating completely independently of the mother organization?

De Lille: Let me say David, I’m under no obligation to say yes or no because the answer is not that simple. I was at pains earlier on to explain what is the situation. It seems then that you have accepted, like many other people in the country, a trial in the media. We’ve been sentenced and found guilty.

Hall-Green, (interrupting): Personally, I have a totally open mind on this, that’s why I asked you the question.

De Lille: You know, it’s not as simple like that. I’m under no obligation to answer that, thank you. – (SABC, 12 January 1994)

16 February 1994

In line with her statement of 31 December 1993 that the PAC was in fundamental disagreement with the opening clause of the Freedom Charter, de Lille further articulates her thoughts on South Africa’s white inhabitants.

Speaking to the International Press Institute in Cape Town she calls on the media to encourage white people to emigrate.

She modifies the PAC slogan ‘One settler, one bullet!’ to “One settler, one plane ticket!”

“The media should encourage them to leave to create space for the majority.”

“We (the PAC) want a government of Africans, by Africans and for Africans.” – (The Citizen, 16 February 1994)

17 February 1994

The PAC immediately distances itself from de Lille. It condemns her statement of the previous day, stating unequivocally that this was not PAC policy.

In a press statement, PAC spokesperson Jaki Seroke says de Lille had articulated her own position and sentiments in this regard.

Speaking at a 1960 Sharpeville commemoration service at the Grand Parade in Cape Town, de Lille shares the stage with temporarily-indemnified Azanian People’s Liberation Army commander Mpazamo Yonana and Achmat Cassiem of the radical Muslim group, Qibla.

Before the meeting starts, sections of the crowd chant “One settler, one bullet!”

De Lille gets a standing ovation from the 4000-strong crowd as she states:

The PAC wants to destroy white domination and is not prepared to share power with the white minority. – (The Argus, 22 March 1994), (The Star, 22 March 1994)

27 March 1994

De Lille refuses to apologise for her previous One settler, one plane ticket! call despite the condemnation of her own political party, the PAC.

In response, she states:

Such whites should not be forced to remain, but should rather be encouraged to leave.

Their leaving will create space for skilled Africans who are presently roaming the streets. I am not a racist, they are. – (Sunday Times, 27 March 1994)

6 April 1994

In total denial of concepts such as political freedom, freedom of association and democracy, de Lille has an unequivocal message for all black communities.

At a small election meeting of 120 people, in Uitsig near Bellville, de Lille instructs the crowd to chase away National Party and Democratic Party election canvassers.

“Chase them away if you see them coming here! Chase them away!” – (The Citizen, 7 April 1994)

19 April 1994

De Lille calls for the trials for the St James and Heidelberg Tavern massacres to be expedited because…

“As long as this matter is delayed the PAC will remain guilty in the minds of the people.”

De Lille continues to argue that although the PAC and Azanian People’s Liberation Army had condemned the atrocities, it suited the media and State to create the impression that these organizations had been involved.

At the time of this incident, officials of the PAC and its armed wing, APLA, denied any involvement and blamed a “third force” for carrying out the attack in the name of the PAC with the intention of derailing negotiations.

However, in its submissions to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission in 1996 and 1997, the PAC changed its stance and took responsibility for the St James Church massacre.

Speaking at the launch of his book at the Cape Town Press Club in October 2002, Letlapa Mphahlele, a former APLA commander, told his audience that he personally ordered the murder of congregants during a service at St James Church in July of 1993. He said this target was selected because it was believed that the congregation was all white and that they would not be armed. APLA terrorists entered the church with AK47s and grenades. They murdered 11 people and seriously wounded 58 but fled after a congregant fired at them with a pistol. Among those murdered were black congregants and a group of tourists from Eastern Europe. – (The Argus, 19 April 1994), (The Sunday Times, 11 April 1999), (WorldNetDaily.com, 29 November 2002)

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    you don't, that's the point

by voting you legitimise the process, if nobody votes, any election by default will be void

no point in voting for opposition parties, in the end they are all the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    Quite revealing she chose a prominent EFF person.
    I disagree. Dali is a very solid attorney and I speak from some experience. Doesn't matter which party he is with, she's made a smart move by hiring him.

I could be wrong and De Lille could be a closet EFF or a potential new member. Frankly that would be more interesting!
    Best Sports Betting -> Your guide to South African Bookies

Quote Originally Posted by theratman View Post
    I disagree. Dali is a very solid attorney and I speak from some experience. Doesn't matter which party he is with, she's made a smart move by hiring him.
    I agree, although I must admit I do not like him as a person, his betrayal of Mandela is a bit of a sore point
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast