Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: De Lille denies new bribery, corruption complaint laid by DA

Quote Originally Posted by theratman View Post
    I disagree. Dali is a very solid attorney and I speak from some experience. Doesn't matter which party he is with, she's made a smart move by hiring him.

I could be wrong and De Lille could be a closet EFF or a potential new member. Frankly that would be more interesting!
    Probably. Wants to make sure she still has a job. One party to the next.

I doubt the DA would be dumb enough to pursue a smear campaign against De Lille just for the sake of it. Very likely it sounds like she tried to protect her friend who got kickbacks...

Quote Originally Posted by zolly View Post
    I doubt the DA would be dumb enough to pursue a smear campaign against De Lille just for the sake of it. Very likely it sounds like she tried to protect her friend who got kickbacks...
    It's not 'just for the sake of it', it's a power play isn't it? Like the ANC, there are competing factions within the DA. I've no doubt this is a smear campaign with the intention of ousting her and her people (the previous ID party) from positions of power, and to replace her with people from the opposing faction. The timing is perfect (it's during a crises). This is not to say there is no truth to the allegations, but there doesn't seem to be any actual evidence of anything in this latest accusation.
    LBRY is a free, open, and community-run digital marketplace.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by zolly View Post
    The fact that these charges relate to an incident that happened in 2012 does not help to quell the suspicions. Maybe Bathabile was right about everyone having their smallernyana skeletons, only when the timing is right will these skeletons suddenly be exposed.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Super Grandmaster NarrowBandFtw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C4Cat View Post
    I've no doubt this is a smear campaign with the intention of ousting her
    The vote of no confidence in De Lille is scheduled for this coming Thursday, 15 Feb. No need for a smear campaign, they can just vote her out.
    none so blind as those who refuse to see

http://lucidramble.com

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowBandFtw View Post
    The vote of no confidence in De Lille is scheduled for this coming Thursday, 15 Feb. No need for a smear campaign, they can just vote her out.
    You must try everything if you are that desperate, smear campaigns, criminal charges, vote of no confidence, everything.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowBandFtw View Post
    The smear campaign may decide how people vote. Sow enough doubt about her character and make her look like an embarrassment to the party and people who maybe supported her or, at least weren't against her, may decide to vote against her just to end the controversy.

Grand Master of the Friendzone Chris_the_Brit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theratman View Post
    I disagree. Dali is a very solid attorney and I speak from some experience. Doesn't matter which party he is with, she's made a smart move by hiring him.

I could be wrong and De Lille could be a closet EFF or a potential new member. Frankly that would be more interesting!
    He might be a solid attorney but there are many solid attorneys in SA. The "optics" of her choosing Mpofu cannot be ignored, IMO.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    He might be a solid attorney but there are many solid attorneys in SA. The "optics" of her choosing Mpofu cannot be ignored, IMO.
    Dali Mpofu has represented many people before, even those from the ANC as well as DA, just last year he represented Mayor Mashaba, why do we suddenly have "optics" when he has to represent De Lille?

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    You must try everything if you are that desperate, smear campaigns, criminal charges, vote of no confidence, everything.
    She seems to be the desperate one, approaching court to delay the process.
    If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there
    Accuse the enemies of that which you know you are guilty

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Vrotappel View Post
    She is a member of the Desperate Alliance after all, she has every right to be as desperate as everyone else in the Alliance.

I see in the newspaper article she's actually posing with a boxing glove son - pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrotappel View Post
    She's not trying to delay the process, she's going to court to allow councillors to have a secret vote, which doesn't sound unreasonable to me

Quote Originally Posted by C4Cat View Post
    She's not trying to delay the process, she's going to court to allow councillors to have a secret vote, which doesn't sound unreasonable to me
    This is a situation where a secret vote makes no difference. Classical delay tactic aka Zuma.
    If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there
    Accuse the enemies of that which you know you are guilty

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    I see in the newspaper article she's actually posing with a boxing glove son - pathetic.
    A show of confidence which should be applauded not frowned upon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast