Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telkom is trying to rob me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Telkom is trying to rob me

Telkom can expect a cancellation Request from me today. after i paid my bill on the 25th by EFT last month they debt my account on the 31st of January 2018 for the same amount. I Called the call centre to refund my money and the consultant told me the debt order doesn't reflect yet but the ETF payment does. The consultant told me she can only refund once its reflecting after 72 Working hours that is like 5 days or I can reverse it at the bank. after I took her advice and reversed the debt I now received an invoice with a rejection fee of R200.94 . Telkom is robbing they clients if this is how they do business, they will never get another cent from my account.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to pay R200.94 x 3 for 3 months because they failed to update my banking details even though I have a voice recording saying my banking details are updated but the debit order runs on my old account. Then they add the R201 charge to the invoice.

Good luck took them another 3 months to refund me the R201.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are on debit order,never pay via EFT.that money just disappears into their pockets.
    Even though the consultant can see the amount,it never gets linked to your account because the debit system wasn't designed to see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's just me, but if you have a debit order set up, why would you EFT? then complain when their system (which could be loaded days before the actual transaction takes place) deducts your money? If you buy 10 items, pay via CC, then when the order is on it's way, tell the supplier it's ok, you don't want it all. You will still get the packages, then need to arrange for collection, sometimes at your own cost. Bit of a non-issue IMHO

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You asked for it, making an EFT payment but you already have debit order set.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darynv View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but if you have a debit order set up, why would you EFT?
    I was thinking the exact thing. Makes no sense.
    Where's my rifle? I need to get my outside on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't trying to rob you. You willingly paid them. You can ask the bank to reverse the debit order.
    I've been around for a long, long year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did you pay an EFT if you have a debit order on your account?

They aren't trying to rob you - you paid an EFT whilst having a debit order for the same account. User error.
    I believe posters are recognised by their sig... so I made one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    Telkom can expect a cancellation Request from me today. after i paid my bill on the 25th by EFT last month they debt my account on the 31st of January 2018 for the same amount. I Called the call centre to refund my money and the consultant told me the debt order doesn't reflect yet but the ETF payment does. The consultant told me she can only refund once its reflecting after 72 Working hours that is like 5 days or I can reverse it at the bank. after I took her advice and reversed the debt I now received an invoice with a rejection fee of R200.94 . Telkom is robbing they clients if this is how they do business, they will never get another cent from my account.
    You need to pay 10 days before the debit date window ..as with all debit orders to prevent them triggering off. Telkom not at fault in this case.
    Last edited by felixbf; 09-02-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felixbf View Post
    You need to pay 10 days before the debit date window ..as with all debit orders to prevent them triggering off.
    I can see how a company is going to spend all that manpower trying to stop a debit order because you paid EFT. I doubt they have people watching out for payments like this. they will just wait till you call them.

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
    Where's my rifle? I need to get my outside on.

Master
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrg telkom, just cancel and go month to month.
    Soooo, where do you see yourself in five years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob you? You clearly did not read the contract before signing it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow the people are just spewing nonsense in this thread. First of all. Telkom ONLY allows for debit orders. You can manually pay no matter when you pay the debit order still runs. They now conveniently added a way to pay with your card on the control panel. Nice NO. Pay via your card in the control panel and the debit order still run....

If you pay via eft and your account is in credit let say 20 days in advance the debit order will still run. If you reverse the debit order then then the R201 gets added automatically even if your account is in credit for the whole month.

You need to give 30 days minimum notice for banking details changes.

IMO their policies are a bit unfair. They allow EFT payments and CC payments via control panel but it's essentially useless. On the invoice they allow you to use easy pay but also useless as the debit order WILL always run.

What's the point of those payment options then?

I wanted to pay 3 months in advanced. Paid and when the debit order ran 180 told me to reverse the debit order. Did that and R201 got added. Account permanently stays in credit because the debit order keeps running despite have R1374 credit. Fighting for the R201 charge to be reversed for like 2 months now.

Telkom bad service. Bad billing setup bur R525 for uncapped LTE is still a good deal.

I've had non stop billing issues on this account and every month the invoice is a disaster. With Telkom you need to signup. Never change your banking details and never miss a debit order and NEVER pay extra then you will be sorted.
    Last edited by cavedog; 13-02-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just EFT. No debit order with Helkom. They sent me numerous emails asking to switch over to debit and get this and that for free. Not thank you.
    "Man-made device, you’ve haunted me, cold and disfigured, corrupted, diseased, mechanical cradle, synthetic embrace, you’re a dying machine"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedViking View Post
    I just EFT. No debit order with Helkom. They sent me numerous emails asking to switch over to debit and get this and that for free. Not thank you.
    On Telkom Mobile? They are refusing me to switch from debit order. They seem to debit my account when they want even if i have a debit date set.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast