Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eskom refuses to reduce staff

Default Eskom refuses to reduce staff

Super Grandmaster

A World Bank study from August 2016 found that Eskom was overstaffed by 66%. At the time, Eskom had 41,800 employees – while it only needed 14,200.
    JHC.
    Seriously, WTF.

Super Grandmaster

You dont expect any thing else do you ?
    Fat cats are going to be what they are and we are just going to pay .
    Bunch of morons .
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck
    Full consciousness will come to very few people in their life time .

Super Grandmaster

Eskom is really nothing other than a conduit for wealth redistribution and keeping the ANC voting middle class in check. There is really no other logical explanation for employing 25000 superfluous workers at R750k p.a.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by garp View Post
    Eskom is really nothing other than a conduit for wealth redistribution and keeping the ANC voting middle class in check. There is really no other logical explanation for employing 25000 superfluous workers at R750k p.a.
    What makes it even worse is the fact that those workers are useless, making it essential to pay high priced contractors to perform the duties that those workers are meant to do.
    Last edited by TysonRoux; 13-06-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Well, then they don't bail out money I'd say...
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

Sies, where's their sense of civic duty...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

THE MOTHER OF ALL CITIES - FAWF (airfield)

fark me!! sounds like blatant plunder to me!!

Eskom has said that charity starts at home, which is why the pension fund for government employees and local banks must be used to bail it out
    thank god I don't have a government pension!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke "

Super Grandmaster

No way government will allow them to reduce staff in a country with such a low employment rate. Eskom can probably turn a good profit at the rates they charge if they just up the productivity of the overstaff they have. A lot of the staff they have are apparently rather useless - they apparently hire people to help others as they aren't coping and then hire other to help the helpers. All because they went gung-ho with their selections & overzealous application of equity without regard for ability.
    X

Super Grandmaster

As is almost always the case, the real problem here is the government's own legally-mandated and legally-protected monopoly on bulk electricity generation and distribution. (Yes, there are some small token concessions here and there, but the great bulk of electrical power is produced and distributed by the state's own business.)

The only long-term solution lies in abolishing the state monopolists and allowing entrepreneurs to compete for the consumer's business.

Eskom had 41,800 employees – while it only needed 14,200.
    This is a problem everywhere... buildings full of people not knowing what their job is, let alone doing it... its why something that should take a few minutes to sort out takes months, or in my experience, several years... ****ing mind boggling.

Think need to just tax companies higher, before you flip out, that money is being paid in salaries anyway, so, a higher tax but less salaries may save companies money. Give the leeches of society their free everything, housing, electricity, water, education etc, and then a livable food/clothing/accessory allowance, I'm talking middle class monthly food bill etc, not a couple of hundred for pap... ie, pay them monthly salary to shut up and keep them out of the runnings of the world, which is all they want, sit under a tree with their free ****... that leaves the rest who want to work do their jobs unhindered, get **** done in a day instead of months/years, and we can continue growing the country and economy etc.
    *suffering from thin privilege - hangs head in shame*

The staff number sounds a bit high and comparing local company to an international one is not best business practice.

The way we work in South Africa is very different to the rest of the world.

Unfortunately, you will need to spend more money, by appointing an independent consulting company that's main goal would be to do an in depth analysis of what each section in the company is suppose to do.

Only once this is done you can recommend to reduce or redeploy the staff compliment.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    The staff number sounds a bit high and comparing local company to an international one is not best business practice.

The way we work in South Africa is very different to the rest of the world.

Unfortunately, you will need to spend more money, by appointing an independent consulting company that's main goal would be to do an in depth analysis of what each section in the company is suppose to do.

Only once this is done you can recommend to reduce or redeploy the staff compliment.
    yep. to make the process "legit". seen it happen. you'd be amazed at the inefficiencies they find. or the amount of people just moving papers from one side of their desk to the other everyday.

And I just received a job offer from Eskom as well, turned it down.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    And I just received a job offer from Eskom as well, turned it down.
    No man, you are supposed to say, "Send me", it's patriotic like that, Eskom and you country needs you.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast