Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: ANC NEC resolves to recall Zuma

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by biometrics View Post
    Source?
    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    It is a Chrismas time, animals speak human language, deamons speak through the humans, it is normal. Honesty is the way we can combat it.

Freelance App Developer biometrics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Claimed by News24, eNCA and EWN. Are they just reporting on SMS rumours now?!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    It is a Chrismas time, animals speak human language, deamons speak through the humans, it is normal. Honesty is the way we can combat it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tander View Post
    My bet is that he steps down.
    I would say he is going to give a whole stack of reasons why he is not stepping down.. He did say he would respond publicly to a recall letter, round about the same time he said he wasn't resigning.

EDIT: Or not, if it's fake Still leading headline on News24...
    Last edited by roadcat; 13-02-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    It makes me wonder it makes me think, there's more to this I'm on the brink, it's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of commentary all over the internet on how CR is weak and people demanding that CR fire Zuma in the next 250 milliseconds.

Zuma will go eventually even though he might try to dig in his heals.

People tend to forget that CR literary won the ANC presidentship by 50+0.00001%. He ended up with Ace and 2 other dodgy characters in his top 6. Did people forget this?? He only needs to P-off one or two NEC members and then HE would be on his way out....It's a very delicate game he is playing

Zuma won it by comfortably buy 60%+ and he still took months to get rid off Mbeki.

Maybe I'm wrong but the fact that things are moving so fast is quite impressive, even though there are lots of unanswered questions.

IMO This will all be over in a few weeks time and everyone will have forgotten about it...

Super Grandmaster NarrowBandFtw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    I don't think they'd change finance ministers a week before the budget. The markets don't react well to sudden changes, especially at the last minute before a big milestone. But he's probably toast after the budget...
    The markets should be used to it by now, the last 3 times our finance minister changed were sudden changes. A 4th is no big deal, especially if it is the first out of the last 4 to have a plausible rationale behind it.
    none so blind as those who refuse to see

http://lucidramble.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure the media is paying them to drag this out as long as possible.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kab123 View Post
    Lots of commentary all over the internet on how CR is weak and people demanding that CR fire Zuma in the next 250 milliseconds.

Zuma will go eventually even though he might try to dig in his heals.

People tend to forget that CR literary won the ANC presidentship by 50+0.00001%. He ended up with Ace and 2 other dodgy characters in his top 6. Did people forget this?? He only needs to P-off one or two NEC members and then HE would be on his way out....It's a very delicate game he is playing

Zuma won it by comfortably buy 60%+ and he still took months to get rid off Mbeki.

Maybe I'm wrong but the fact that things are moving so fast is quite impressive, even though there are lots of unanswered questions.

IMO This will all be over in a few weeks time and everyone will have forgotten about it...
    I have no issues with Cyril and i think he tried his best to manage the situation. However here is my problem with Cyril and the ANC leadership, Malema has apologised for his support for Zuma, so has Vavi, the SACP as well as Cosatu. When is Ramaphosa and the ANC going to do the same, do they even feel that they owe us an apology for protecting Zuma all these years? How do they move forward from here if they cannot admit that Zuma was a disaster and accept responsibility?
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    I have no issues with Cyril andbu think he tried his best to mange the situation. However here is my problem with Cyril and the ANC leadership, Malema has apologised for his support for Zuma, so has Vavi, the SACP as well as Cosatu. When is Ramaphosa and the ANC going to do the same, do they even feel that they owe us an apology for protecting Zuma all these years? How do they move forward from here if they cannot admit that Zuma was a disaster and accept responsibility?
    Seems the plain is to ignore the Zuma era as if it never happened.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems the plain is to ignore the Zuma era as if it never happened.
    That is what it looks like, and it going to be a problem for Cyril, seems like his tenure is going to be hard, for a start Ace is a disaster at public relations, if Cyril is going to trust him to communicate whatever they are doing he us not going to come out of this looking good.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Apparently
    No confirmation yet. So looks like 10 am is happening atm.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    When is Ramaphosa and the ANC going to do the same, do they even feel that they owe us an apology for protecting Zuma all these years? How do they move forward from here if they cannot admit that Zuma was a disaster and accept responsibility?
    The anc comes before the country. We again heard today that zuma did nothing wrong

I don't think you can fix the anc, in order to fix it you would have to purge the majority as the rot has spread far & deep. Cyril is in for a tough time.
    Last edited by ponder; 13-02-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No confirmation yet. So looks like 10 am is happening atm.
    News24 deleted their post on the live blog, now changed to:

20:21

Two sources inside the GCIS originally confirmed to News24 the briefing would have taken place at 10:00 on Wednesday, but there is now confusion about the time. A Presidency official said there will be a press briefing, but a time is yet to be confirmed.

21:41
    Adriaan Basson‏

Still no clarity from @PresidencyZA about tomorrow’s Zuma press briefing. GCIS sources confirmed earlier it was scheduled for 10am but time is moving target. Different forces pulling strings behind scenes. At one point it was scheduled for tonight. #ExitAnxiety @TeamNews24

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News24 deleted their post on the live blog, now changed to:

20:21

Two sources inside the GCIS originally confirmed to News24 the briefing would have taken place at 10:00 on Wednesday, but there is now confusion about the time. A Presidency official said there will be a press briefing, but a time is yet to be confirmed.

21:41
    Adriaan Basson‏

Still no clarity from @PresidencyZA about tomorrow’s Zuma press briefing. GCIS sources confirmed earlier it was scheduled for 10am but time is moving target. Different forces pulling strings behind scenes. At one point it was scheduled for tonight. #ExitAnxiety @TeamNews24
    I thought Zuma likes breifing the nation at Midnight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting that the cANCer party's NEC has only now realised that the power they thought they had to recall Hamba1 outside of parliamentary processes and The (country's) Constitution, has been shown to be nonexistent and that the cANCer party's own internal constitution isn't worth the bogroll it is written on when dealing with Hamba1.

If I didn't know better, I would be tempted to think that the cANCer party got "recall" confused with "redial" (because Hamba1 has clearly been rejecting their calls).

Mbeki should have realised that he could have told the NEC that recalled him to 'tsek and just moved his official residence to the Union Buildings.

Now more than ever, Ramaphosa should be promoting impeachment as the best way of getting rid of Hamba1.

#ImpeachTheBugger

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    If Zuma doesn't resign, he will only go towards the end of the month, after the budget.

This is how it will play out:
    - Mbete brings the EFF motion forward to this week. ANC MPs abstain.
    - ANC raise their own motion for after the budget and remove Zuma.
    - Reason being that if he were removed through a no confidence motion this week, there would be no time to appoint a new president and constitute a new cabinet. The budget has to go ahead, and it can't without a finance minister...
    The EFF's motion for a vote of no confidence is to remove both Hamba1 and his entire cabinet (including Ramaphosa) and to dissolve parliament to force early elections.

If cANCer party MPs abstain from voting, they will effectively be dissolving parliament, which they will never do.

Considering the Constitutional Court's ruling that parliament failed in its duty to impeach Hamba1, could conceivably form the basis for another Constitutional Court case and subsequent ruling against MPs that vote not to remove Hamba1 (his supporters faction). I expect that is what the EFF is trying to achieve: get those factional supporters to implicate themselves and have a court ruling that kicks them out of parliament permanently.

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast