Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 175 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia tour of South Africa 2018

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    Yeah progress certainly has it's downsides, you could argue when we take one step forward with technology we take two steps back. A bit like the review system for dismissals, you can't tell me the game of cricket is any better off for having it

Anyway... so what your saying is that it's basically useless taking the radio to the cricket now in most cities? Given SABC's main studio is in J'burg, maybe that would explain why the delay is smaller there.

It's strange that the radio delay was much greater in PE than J'burg given the game was played in PE. But I guess the feed goes back to J'burg then fed back to PE? That's how I understand what you said anyway...
    You dont really need radio these days with full electronic scoreboards and big screens for replays. Radio is still good if something happens and you want to hear the discussion. But listening while watching you will see rhings happening before hearing the commentary.

I used cricinfo during the last test, and they were about 4 balls behind. They obviously first have to see what happens, then type their comments, and site needs to refresh. Still good if you wanted more info though. Great for stats etc. In fact I spend more time following cricinfo that watching on TV, even if I am at home. Having to wrestle for the TV plays a big part though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMaster View Post
    Smith only said that after Rabada had been banned...
    Yup, I don't think he would have been nearly as magnanimous if he thought Rabada would appeal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanmuller View Post
    You dont really need radio these days with full electronic scoreboards and big screens for replays. Radio is still good if something happens and you want to hear the discussion. But listening while watching you will see rhings happening before hearing the commentary.

I used cricinfo during the last test, and they were about 4 balls behind. They obviously first have to see what happens, then type their comments, and site needs to refresh. Still good if you wanted more info though. Great for stats etc. In fact I spend more time following cricinfo that watching on TV, even if I am at home. Having to wrestle for the TV plays a big part though.
    cricinfo is so bloated, no wonder they far behind. Actually on Sunday, cricbuzz was almost ahead of the live DSTV coverage. Those guys have rapid typing skills
    I never apologise. Iím sorry, thatís just the way I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanmuller View Post

Well I enjoy it when they discuss things that you can't see at the ground. Like when Marsh got sick the other day and Paine batted ahead of him, without the radio I would have had no idea why that happened. And when they were discussing the Rabada suspension even before the players out in the middle knew about it, it's things like that mean the radio is invaluable at the cricket for me. So much so that I'm unlikely to attend a match without it. The discussion is still good but the delay is really annoying after a while

Yeah cricinfo is great, especially for away tours that aren't broadcasted. But call me old fashioned, if I go to a game I just want to watch the action and know what's going on without having to stare at my phone screen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havent really seen the fotage of this incident but by the looks of this...Steve Smith gave KG the shoulder. He could have avoided any contact but to me he is just as guilty. Trying some football skills to get a penalty??? Pity he didnt dive to top it off. pic.twitter.com/eWapKlkMUE
    — Vernon Philander (@VDP_24) March 14, 2018

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claims hax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah progress certainly has it's downsides, you could argue when we take one step forward with technology we take two steps back. A bit like the review system for dismissals, you can't tell me the game of cricket is any better off for having it.

You cannot be serious. Are you really saying it was fine getting 80% of the decisions right, but now getting 98% right is an issue for you?
    Handtekening

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awkaward...

Rugby superstar Sonny Bill Williams and his Blues team are staying in the same hotel as the Australian cricket team - creating a possible awkward situation for Australian opener David Warner.

According to the Stuff.co.nz website, the Blues and Warner, along with his wife Candice and their two daughters, have all checked into the Southern Sun The Cullinan in Cape Town.

Williams and the Blues are in town ahead of their Super Rugby clash against the Stormers on Saturday (15:05) while Australia face South Africa in the third Test, starting next Thursday.
    https://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Pr...hotel-20180315
    Handtekening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ho3n3r View Post

You cannot be serious. Are you really saying it was fine getting 80% of the decisions right, but now getting 98% right is an issue for you?
    Better decisions, more drama, tech has been great for the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah progress certainly has it's downsides, you could argue when we take one step forward with technology we take two steps back. A bit like the review system for dismissals, you can't tell me the game of cricket is any better off for having it
    Watch the video, this is why we need DRS.

Top 10 insane Worst Umpires Dicisions in Cricket History

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way, way better in my opinion, watching a batsman get stitched up by a horrible decision or watching plumb LBW's not get given is not what cricket should be about. Referees/Umpires and officials should be given every opportunity to make the right call.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DanDango View Post
    Watch the video, this is why we need DRS.

Top 10 insane Worst Umpires Dicisions in Cricket History
    Exactly. DRS might not make it clear in 1 or 2 cases per test match, but that means chances are the umpire would've gotten it wrong anyway. So not sure what scenarios @Bobba is picturing where it's better to use human judgement based exclusively on seeing it once live, than a review system like DRS.
    Handtekening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Proteas seem to have the biggest persecution complex of any ICC team. They whined like this when Faffy was accused of ball tampering. Rabada should STFU whenever he takes a wicket. His antics could put his promising career to an end prematurely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 175 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast