Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MTN network Coverage

Thumbs down MTN network Coverage

Hi. The MTN network coverage in Factoria,Krugersdorp is very poor. A person has seldom full network coverage. If trying to make calls is says "No network available".

According to the coverage map Krugersdorp is so well covered the entire area is fully covered by LTE and 3G not even any sign of a small area that is not covered.

I live in Cedar Lakes Estate, Broadacres, Sandton. MTN coverage at my home is so poor that I frequently cannot send or receive SMSs or make calls. My contacts, upon instantly being routed to "voicemail", assume I am ignoring them. I have logged this problem on the MTN support site, but have had no response to this report which I suspect simply goes into the legendary "file 13". The signal strength from each of two base stations is usually worse than -103db and often drops to -113dB. Is there a more effective way to report this to MTN and at least get an acknowledgement? Are MTN not able to reorient the antennae at one of the base stations to improve signal strength in my area?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steveapple View Post
    I live in Cedar Lakes Estate, Broadacres, Sandton. Are MTN not able to reorient the antennae at one of the base stations to improve signal strength in my area?
    What sites?

I'm afraid the Cedar Lakes community have done a bang up job of not letting MTN in, hence we sit with 1 small site serving everyone...

You can PM me your details and I'll have a look at any further progress with regards to new sites, but I have my doubts as I've been trying to get the ball rolling on rehabilitating the area since I came back to Gauteng region in 2015.
    Avada Kedavra!

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    What sites?

I'm afraid the Cedar Lakes community have done a bang up job of not letting MTN in, hence we sit with 1 small site serving everyone...

You can PM me your details and I'll have a look at any further progress with regards to new sites, but I have my doubts as I've been trying to get the ball rolling on rehabilitating the area since I came back to Gauteng region in 2015.
    I know this is off topic. Mind explaining what happened? or needs to happen

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by DTBA View Post
    Make Tracey-Lee Dorny Disappear
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DTBA View Post
    Ok, lets say you have an area with a decent signal as there is a site in the area that covers it well. Said site gets decommissioned for various regions ( resident complaints, lapse of lease, owner moves and new landlord doesn't want a site, extortion regarding site rentals etc etc...)- Now, we have a coverage gap.

I use the term rehabilitation to refer to matters such as getting a temp site up and running, holding meetings with residents associations regarding where we can place a new site, thereby rehabilitating the area to what it once was

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    Make Tracey-Lee Dorny Disappear
    One of the reasons we have had such a retardation of progress regarding the network in areas like Cedar lakes, Craigavon, Fourways gardens and Lonehill to be sure...
    Avada Kedavra!

One of the reasons we have had such a retardation of progress regarding the network in areas like Cedar lakes, Craigavon, Fourways gardens and Lonehill to be sure...
    Lol - I bet all the SP's have a manual titles the Dorny cornundrum

When you coming to fix the signal in Buccleuch ?
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    Lol - I bet all the SP's have a manual titles the Dorny cornundrum

When you coming to fix the signal in Buccleuch ?
    Buccleuch? Funny enough, I didn't pick up a lot of ROI there, despite having 4 sites specifically dedicated for the area, the residents don't seem to stressed about towers, so long as it's not built right next to them
    The 4 sites are being re-evaluated for a reason I'm not allowed to disclose- they will probably be recommissioned in different spots in Buccleuch, hopefully closer to you.
    Avada Kedavra!

Buccleuch? Funny enough, I didn't pick up a lot of ROI there, despite having 4 sites specifically dedicated for the area, the residents don't seem to stressed about towers, so long as it's not built right next to them
    The 4 sites are being re-evaluated for a reason I'm not allowed to disclose- they will probably be recommissioned in different spots in Buccleuch, hopefully closer to you.
    No ROI, too many people in the area work for Cell c probably that's why
    Cool thanks for the info.

+ Reply to Thread