Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 115

Thread: 'We are not going anywhere, Olievenhoutbosch is our home' - illegal land occupiers

  1. #16
    Super Grandmaster Nick333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    28,224
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ambroseg1 View Post
    Perhaps Zimbabweans masses wanting to share with our masses the immense benefits of land expropriation without compensation.
    And, why not? Africa for Africans.

  2. #17
    Super Grandmaster marine1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A black hole in the universe - JHB
    Posts
    45,968
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ambroseg1 View Post
    Perhaps Zimbabweans masses wanting to share with our masses the immense benefits of land expropriation without compensation.
    Perhaps? I'm willing to bet my lunch
    #FREEISRAEL

  3. #18
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    18,159
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    EFF takes responsibility for land invasion


    The Economic Freedom Fighters in Gauteng has taken responsibility for recent land invasions and challenged President Cyril Ramaphosa to bring it on with his law enforcement agencies.

    Over the past few days, land invasions in Tshwane and Johannesburg have sparked widespread criticism from the provincial government and metros.

    The EFF told TimesLIVE it would continue occupying land.

    “The EFF has a permanent land occupation programme which everyone should be fully conversant with. So we are continuing with land occupation in the business-as-usual manner we have been pursuing since the formation of the EFF in 2013‚” said Mandisa Mashego‚ EFF chairperson in Gauteng.

    “This land occupation programme speaks directly to our first EFF cardinal pillar and policy position. We revere and honour it as our pillar of strength and bedrock of all our other policy statements that‚ if pursued vigorously or fearlessly‚ economic freedom in our lifetime will become real. The programme of land occupation was adopted as an EFF programme at the EFF's very first national assembly in December 2014.”
    More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics...land-invasion/
    My views are not cast in stone

  4. #19
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    3,038
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustPlainLucas View Post
    Well, obviously the masses do not care about that. They just want to live there.



    That is exactly what is going to happen and the property owners will soon find themselves paying for the water and electricity these people will illegally be connecting themselves to.
    And they going to get caught in the EFF/ANCs trap thinking they getting their land but instead they only going to be leasing it.

  5. #20
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,850
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumen View Post
    And they going to get caught in the EFF/ANCs trap thinking they getting their land but instead they only going to be leasing it.
    This ^

  6. #21
    Super Grandmaster evilstebunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toorsburg
    Posts
    17,281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBravo View Post
    This is exactly the point. Why can they not have services? Landgrab is wrong, but face it, due to the ANC's ineptitude in addressing this matter the 'masses' as you call them have now waited long enough. Mugabe has exactly the same problem, then his army got fed up and grabbed themselves some farms.

    Do you have a solution? We need to find a way to atone the 'masses' before they just take matters into their own hands.
    **** the masses, we've already atoned in 1992/1994 for something our generation didn't even do & what did the masses do with their democracy? They got Zuma to **** them for 10 years..

    There is no solution, the masses already started taking matters into their own hands. If it means war, bring it on, we have also waited long enough for government to stop stealing & do the right thing, like we did. Negotiating only works if the other party has integrity, and the ANC obviously cannot be trusted their word means nothing..

    EFF is doing this because they have nothing else, Malema's little trump card, but like with Mugabe the people will learn soon enough.
    Last edited by evilstebunny; 13-03-2018 at 12:01 PM.

  7. #22
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The 39-year-old said
    We don't want government to deny us this piece of land because we have nowhere else to go
    At 39, you came from somewhere, but per your culture and heritage, your chief/king owns the land, you do not and never will, you need to go to him and he will let you stay on his land. I'm going to assume you already asked him and he said no as you say you have no where to go(guessing you didn't have an underage daughter to give him or a cow or something). As such, you're **** out of luck, and will have to either buy from gov, head back up north over the equator to claim your 'ancestral' land or walk into the sea /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    It is their culture, they are proud, let them be

  8. #23
    Resident Postwhore Mephisto_Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    25,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just some africa happening, nothing to see here ..... more and more of this is coming
    + --------------------- +
    - Opinion Censored -
    + --------------------- +

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumen View Post
    And they going to get caught in the EFF/ANCs trap thinking they getting their land but instead they only going to be leasing it.
    They do not have money to lease anything. This will eventually lead to their own members turning on them. A civil war is inevitable.

    The ANC and EFF has massive troubles with this project of theirs. On the one side, you have the Zulu king threatening with war if their land is taken. On the other side you already have a large number of white groups arming and willing to protect their interests. Then you have these people who are being lied to and when they find this out, they too will go on the rampage. I see the window period on a peaceful country closing more and more by the day.
    Last edited by JustPlainLucas; 13-03-2018 at 12:06 PM.

  10. #25
    Super Grandmaster ForceFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rural ZA
    Posts
    7,405
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    At 39, you came from somewhere, but per your culture and heritage, your chief/king owns the land, you do not and never will, you need to go to him and he will let you stay on his land. I'm going to assume you already asked him and he said no as you say you have no where to go(guessing you didn't have an underage daughter to give him or a cow or something). As such, you're **** out of luck, and will have to either buy from gov, head back up north over the equator to claim your 'ancestral' land or walk into the sea /shrug
    He may have been born in Soweto or Mamelodi or has no idea where he was born. Not condoning illegal land grabs, just denouncing the bolded part.
    Yeah whatever mate

  11. #26
    Super Grandmaster ForceFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rural ZA
    Posts
    7,405
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustPlainLucas View Post
    They do not have money to lease anything. This will eventually lead to their own members turning on them. A civil war is inevitable.

    The ANC and EFF has massive troubles with this project of theirs. On the one side, you have the Zulu king threatening with war if their land is taken. On the other side you already have a large number of white groups arming and willing to protect their interests. Then you have these people who are being lied to and when they find this out, they too will go on the rampage. I see the window period on a peaceful country closing more and more by the day.
    You provide the Lolz. It's as if AdrianaX is back
    Yeah whatever mate

  12. #27
    Grandmaster spiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\________ MOTHER OF ALL CITIES
    Posts
    3,925
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this crossed my path last night - what are your thoughts?

    http://www.breeknuusza.com/next-time...n-by-d-lotter/

    for those that can't follow link:

    In the 3000 years since the end of the Stone Age, the indigenous people of Africa could not manage to create an infrastructure, could not mine or produce export, could, in fact not succeed in building anything higher than one storey and could not write down anything as reference for future generations, because they could not manage to master the art of writing. In fact, when the first Europeans arrived on 6 April 1652 it was 1974 years after Ptolemy I built the magnificent library of Alexandria – and in Southern Africa the indigenous people still could do no more than a few rock paintings and a clay pot with patterns on it.

    Today, this development, this contribution of the descendants of Europe has become a threat to the Black South African. He cannot compare. He has no contribution that can remotely compare to what the white man created and therefore he has to fall back on what primal instinct tells him to do: Destroy that which is a threat to you! It is against this background that the white South African is demonised as a slaver and murderer who stole land. Let us put this in perspective:

    In the first place: The Europeans who came with Van Riebeeck had no intention to stay at the Cape. We can clearly determine this from the repeated application for transfer to Batavia or Amsterdam made by almost every Company servant. The few men who decided to make this their homeland, did so because they came to love the land.

    They wanted to develop and grow here. And in the written evidence, left us by the men who did not intend to stay and therefore had no reason to lie, it is written down over and over again that the Europeans settled on uninhabited land. They exchanged land for cattle and money and traded with the nomadic indigenous people.
    The Company decided to import slaves.
    I emphasize import, because no indigenous person in this country was ever put into slavery! In actual fact, the slaves who were brought in from Madagascar and Batavia and Ceylon and East Africa were the ancestors of an entirely new group of people: the Coloured nation of South Africa who adopted the customs and culture of the European.

    Ever wondered why they did not adopt the custom of Africa?
    Because they were not exposed to it, that is why! Nobody at the Cape ever set eyes on a black person for 130 years before the first Trekboere met the Xhosa in the Valleys of the Amatola around 1770! These slaves also added to the bloodline of the European settlers, as did the French Hugenots of 1688 and the British Settlers of 1820. The White South African was a new nation, born in Africa. This nation called its language, Afrikaans, after Africa. This nation called itself after Africa – Afrikaners.

    On the first of December 1834 slavery was abolished in the Cape Colony. This is two years before the start of the Great Trek. The white man in South Africa knew nothing of the existence of the Zulu, the Tswana, the Sotho, the Venda…and he was at war with the Xhosa. It is chronologically impossible that indigenous people could be held in slavery, if the so-called slave masters did not even know of their existence before the abolition of slavery.
    Let us look at the “great” Shaka Zulu and the Zulu nation. Remember that the Europeans landed in South Africa in 1652. Shaka kaSenzaghakohona was born around 1787. He managed to unite, through force and murder and rampage a number of small tribes into the Zulu nation around 1819. Before that year, there WAS no Zulu people. A question of mathematics: The Zulu nation came into existence only 167 years after the arrival of Van Riebeeck. What logic can possibly argue that the Europeans took anything away from the Zulu-people?
    So when did the black man establish himself in South Africa and how? The answer lies in the Mfecane: Mfecane (Zulu: [m̩fɛˈkǀaːne],[note 1] crushing), also known by the Sesotho name Difaqane (scattering, forced dispersal or forced migration[1]) or Lifaqane, was a period of widespread chaos and warfare among indigenous ethnic communities in southern Africa during the period between 1815 and about 1840.

    As King Shaka created the militaristic Zulu Kingdom in the territory between the Tugela River and Pongola River, his forces caused a wave of warfare and disruption to sweep to other peoples. This was the prelude of the Mfecane, which spread from there. The movement of peoples caused many tribes to try to dominate those in new territories, leading to widespread warfare; consolidation of other groups, such as the Matabele, the Mfengu and the Makololo; and the creation of states such as the modern Lesotho.

    Mfecane is used primarily to refer to the period when Mzilikazi, a king of the Matabele, dominated the Transvaal. During his reign, roughly from 1826 to 1836, he ordered widespread killings and devastation to remove all opposition. He reorganised the territory to establish the new Ndebele order. The death toll has never been satisfactorily determined, but the whole region became nearly depopulated. Normal estimates for the death toll range from 1 million to 2 million.

    The black man established himself in this barren land now known as South Africa a full 174 years AFTER the white man. How dare you then call me a settler when you are nothing more? If I don’t belong here, certainly neither do you.

    Land stolen from the black man? No. The land occupied by the Boer-people was land that nobody lived on, for the pure and simple reason that the original people of South Africa were massacred and wiped out in a racist genocide by the ancestors of the current black population of South Africa. The very same thing that is now repeated with the white man. The white man has a full and legal and historical claim to his part of this country, including land. And the black man who disputes that is welcome to bring evidence of the contrary. Remember, popular liberal myth, propagandistic expressions and loud shouting and burning and looting to hide your own incapability is not evidence. It is barbarism.

    The popular myth of “the end of colonialism” is a lie also. Colonialism in South Africa ended on 31 May 1961 when the country became a Republic. White minority rule was not colonialism, because the white South African belongs here – you cannot colonise your own country.

    The entire uproar about white oppression and white guilt and white debt is based, exactly like the concept of the rainbow nation and its Africa-democracy, on one big lie. In Afrikaans, a language of Africa, we say: However swiftly the lie might travel, truth will catch up one day.

    Black South Africa might as well realise that the time of the lie is running out. Your stereotyping of the white man and apartheid as the cause of everything, cannot hold much longer.
    You cannot hide rotting meat under gift wrap for eternity.
    Some time in the very near future you will have to own up and explain how you could hold a small minority of oppressed people responsible for the disaster that you have made of a country which has the potential of being a place of safety, a welcome and hospitable home, to all its children whether they be black, white, coloured on Indian.

    The black man holds the key to the final destruction of what is left, or the final realisation that we have no other choice but to peacefully co-exist. The black South African can no longer avoid admitting that the destruction of the white South African necessarily means the destruction of everything and everyone left on the southern tip of Africa.
    .

    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke "

  13. #28
    Super Grandmaster ForceFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rural ZA
    Posts
    7,405
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiff View Post
    this crossed my path last night - what are your thoughts?

    http://www.breeknuusza.com/next-time...n-by-d-lotter/

    for those that can't follow link:
    breeknuusza.com?
    Yeah whatever mate

  14. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFate View Post
    He may have been born in Soweto or Mamelodi or has no idea where he was born. Not condoning illegal land grabs, just denouncing the bolded part.
    Do you think the poor guy knows his father?

  15. #30
    Super Grandmaster Deadmanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    9,675
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFate View Post
    breeknuusza.com?
    Yep totally legit site.

    /s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Illegal shack dwellers torch land owner’s home
    By schumi in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 29-01-2018, 04:27 PM
  2. Police, NPA want land occupiers 'punished by the courts'
    By schumi in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-06-2017, 08:14 AM
  3. Ekurhuleni EFF cheers illegal land occupation
    By schumi in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-10-2016, 02:40 PM
  4. Work from home 'opportunities' illegal
    By Random717 in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM
  5. Is it illegal to land another fibre cable in South Africa???
    By SuperAntMD in forum ADSL and VDSL Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 04:47 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •