Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 377

Thread: Hermanus riots

  1. #331
    Super Grandmaster ponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Niflheimr
    Posts
    68,496
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sensationalist fake news, we need reputable sources.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

  2. #332
    Goat Botherer Spizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hermanus
    Posts
    20,648
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I knew this was coming. Now the ‘Coloured’ community are going nuts in Hawston and mount pleasant. Roads closed, kids stuck at school, disruption continues unabated.

    BREAKING NEWS - MOUNT PLEASANT UNREST

    MyWhaleCoast can confirm that the people of Mount Pleasant have closed down the R43 in protest of land being given to the people of Zwelihle while they have patiently been waiting for land for the past 20 years.

    Community leader Desire April has requested that the Municipal Manager and the Mayor to come and address their concerns.

    "We and our children were born here and we have not been given land where some people have come from farms and from outside our community and have been provided with land overnight."

    "The new houses are supposed to be the most vulnerable and backyard dwellers, but people owning businesses and people coming from outside our community are prioritized first."

    "I have twenty people staying in my house and none of my children have ever been recognized for a house."

    Traffic on the R43 is slow and diverted through Mount Pleasant. Please be patient on the roads today.

    We will monitor the situation and bring you news as it breaks.

  3. #333
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Posts
    3,478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One thing about countrywide riots is the less time making babies.....

  4. #334
    Dank meme lord Rouxenator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    30,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looking at these people the following comes to mind

    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

  5. #335
    Making Sugar Sugarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    KZN Dolphin Coast
    Posts
    19,746
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 'What about Mount Pleasant?' - Now another Hermanus community also demands land

    A new group of Hermanus protesters took to the streets on Friday, littering roads and setting fires, demanding that they too be given land.

    This after representatives from the Zwelihle community, the Western Cape Department of Human Settlements and the Overstrand Municipality signed an agreement of intent, where land would be made temporarily available while housing negotiations for a permanent solution continued.

    The Zwelihle residents had been protesting on and off for almost two months, demanding land, with the matter coming to a head on Thursday when they demanded to meet with Human Settlements MEC Bonginkosi Madikizela, who had been to see them previously.

    Madikizela has since announced that the owners of Schulphoek - the site the Zwelihle residents wanted - had agreed to sell the land on condition that there were no more land occupations. The deal, however, was still subject to a valuation process and price comparison. Another meeting was scheduled to get underway at noon on Friday with Community Safety MEC Dan Plato.

    But now residents of the neighbouring suburb of Mount Pleasant are unhappy, saying they have been waiting for land far longer than those in Zwelihle.

    'What about us?'

    When News24 visited the scene where about 1 500 people were protesting, some were shouting slogans in the road, such as "Schulphoek will be sorted out tomorrow, what about us?" and "They (Zwelihle) have a nice taxi rank, not us".
    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-land-20180518




    We Want We Want, but we don't want to work for it or pay for it.
    The African way
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.”
    ― Terry Pratchett

  6. #336
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the MATRIX
    Posts
    19,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spizz View Post
    I knew this was coming. Now the ‘Coloured’ community are going nuts in Hawston and mount pleasant. Roads closed, kids stuck at school, disruption continues unabated.

    BREAKING NEWS - MOUNT PLEASANT UNREST

    MyWhaleCoast can confirm that the people of Mount Pleasant have closed down the R43 in protest of land being given to the people of Zwelihle while they have patiently been waiting for land for the past 20 years.

    Community leader Desire April has requested that the Municipal Manager and the Mayor to come and address their concerns.

    "We and our children were born here and we have not been given land where some people have come from farms and from outside our community and have been provided with land overnight."

    "The new houses are supposed to be the most vulnerable and backyard dwellers, but people owning businesses and people coming from outside our community are prioritized first."

    "I have twenty people staying in my house and none of my children have ever been recognized for a house."

    Traffic on the R43 is slow and diverted through Mount Pleasant. Please be patient on the roads today.

    We will monitor the situation and bring you news as it breaks.
    she makes valid points though. seems you only noticed if you inconvenience people. those overnighters dont deserve that land. they should be audited to see how long they there. the biggest rioters shouldn't automatically get the land.

  7. #337
    Goat Botherer Spizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hermanus
    Posts
    20,648
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    she makes valid points though. seems you only noticed if you inconvenience people. those overnighters dont deserve that land. they should be audited to see how long they there. the biggest rioters shouldn't automatically get the land.
    Completely agree.

  8. #338
    Super Grandmaster Fulcrum29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ten Forward
    Posts
    24,024
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    she makes valid points though. seems you only noticed if you inconvenience people. those overnighters dont deserve that land. they should be audited to see how long they there. the biggest rioters shouldn't automatically get the land.
    Votes.
    Trolling is an Art. A Jest of Faith.

  9. #339
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    3,216
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarman View Post
    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-land-20180518




    We Want We Want, but we don't want to work for it or pay for it.
    The African way
    PE mount pleasant?

  10. #340
    SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Talga Vassternich.
    Posts
    16,045
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Had the govt cracked the whip back then... but nooooo.... too scared to lose their preciouses votes...


    Now we have bigger issues, set to escalate sooner into even bigger ones.
    500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation has passed.

  11. #341
    The Humble Scot! McT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jo'burg
    Posts
    33,473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This DA country. This is on them. Why haven't they been more proactive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ho3n3r View Post
    That's like saying cleaning your kitchen will starve millions of flies.

  12. #342
    Master homeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    mitchells plain
    Posts
    639
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerIsNotGood... View Post
    PE mount pleasant?
    no mount pleasant, hermanus.

  13. #343
    Master homeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    mitchells plain
    Posts
    639
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    she makes valid points though. seems you only noticed if you inconvenience people. those overnighters dont deserve that land. they should be audited to see how long they there. the biggest rioters shouldn't automatically get the land.
    commissioner chris nissen have come forward to help us.

  14. #344
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the MATRIX
    Posts
    19,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homeboy View Post
    commissioner chris nissen have come forward to help us.
    Who is “us”?

  15. #345
    Master homeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    mitchells plain
    Posts
    639
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    Who is “us”?
    "Us" from Zwelihle and Mount Pleasant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hermanus things to do
    By Safferbeauty in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-03-2017, 09:10 AM
  2. Hermanus & More than the Whales?
    By Mortymoose in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 22-10-2015, 02:57 AM
  3. Hermanus
    By Photosbot2 in forum Photography
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-08-2015, 09:05 AM
  4. Stormers in Hermanus
    By Spizz in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-01-2014, 09:04 AM
  5. Hermanus accommodation
    By fran13 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •