Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telkom LTE Uncapped vs Telkom LTE Capped 200gb/200gb for Netflix HD Streaming

Default Telkom LTE Uncapped vs Telkom LTE Capped 200gb/200gb for Netflix HD Streaming

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some advance, I currently have a Telkom LTE Capped 200gb/200gb package and have recently started streaming from Netflix but I've had to top up an additional 100gb, so I was wondering if it's worth migrating to the uncapped package?

My concerns with the uncapped LTE package are the FUP I'm not sure if it's still like 50GB and then Telkom throttles you. Also will the throttled speed still support HD Streaming and lastly is there a cap whereby Telkom will suspend ones account.

Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

300GB before throttling kicks in and speeds are reduced to 4Mbps. The 50GB FUP is for P2P traffic only, which, if you're streaming Netflix mostly, you've got nothing to worry about.

Thanks Shane, silly question at 4Mbps would i still be able to stream at 1080p or would I need to drop the stream rate?

From my experience, my nephew destroys my uncapped FUP some months. March was one of them, but still managed to stream Netflix in HD. Everything else was pretty much dead. So not sure if they allow Netflix to come through unshaped.

+ Reply to Thread