Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a server or similar type solution for small business

Default Need a server or similar type solution for small business

Based in Pretoria.

I have tried exploring various options as to enable my small business to grow a bit but it seems no-one interested to assist unless I want to drop a R 100k on a server! I dont mind spending but dont have that kind of money.

Problem:
    Have a desktop in my office running various programs such as Pstel, payroll and a few low key programs. Have 5 people, 3 in office and 2 working from home. Currently everyone login via Teamviewer and do what they need to do. That brings its own problems:

1. Only one person per login can work on desktop.
    2. 2 people cant work on the same software at once.

I have tried Google Remote Server but due to amount of data being transmitted it left me with a huge bill at the end of the month as it charges for data transmitted.

Another IT-inclided person suggested I buy the following app/software: https://www.remotepc.com/index.html but im not totally convinced.

Is there anyone out there that can assist?

Hi Pieter,

From your listed requirements I think a Virtual Desktop Environment will work for you, I'll send you some further details via PM.
    www.telasera.com | VPS Hosting South Africa | Hosting Since 2010 | Dedicated Servers | Managed Hosting

If you want a "non legal" solution you can use Windows 10 Pro, and RDPWrap to allow multiple RDP sessions.

https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap

The suggestions provided by others to use a server are somewhat correct and here’s why
    Windows server is with the correct client access license will allow simultaneous users to be connected and alleviate the issue you are currently experiencing with simultaneous users.

However, you could build up an entry level server for less than 100k if you needed to have the server hosted onsite.
    If you don’t require that the solution be onsite then a dedicated or vps server would suffice, just make sure that you have a backup solution.

https://absolutehosting.co.za/order/cart.php?gid=22
    R59 Co.Za Registrations & renewals
    Multi-Registrar & Domain Reseller

Massive 50% off all cPanel Hosting

Do you have a budget that you can share. I think that will help with choosing possible options.

Have a look at go2cloud.co.za there you can setup a server and only be charged for what you use including licensing.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Based in Pretoria.

I have tried exploring various options as to enable my small business to grow a bit but it seems no-one interested to assist unless I want to drop a R 100k on a server! I dont mind spending but dont have that kind of money.

Problem:
    Have a desktop in my office running various programs such as Pstel, payroll and a few low key programs. Have 5 people, 3 in office and 2 working from home. Currently everyone login via Teamviewer and do what they need to do. That brings its own problems:

1. Only one person per login can work on desktop.
    2. 2 people cant work on the same software at once.

I have tried Google Remote Server but due to amount of data being transmitted it left me with a huge bill at the end of the month as it charges for data transmitted.

Another IT-inclided person suggested I buy the following app/software: https://www.remotepc.com/index.html but im not totally convinced.

Is there anyone out there that can assist?
    I have sent you a PM
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

+ Reply to Thread