Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Disgraceful!' Twitter lashes out as marathon collapse sours Games' final day

Twittards 'outraged' about something... must be another '___day'
    *suffering from thin privilege - hangs head in shame*

Grandmaster

Twitter creating articles out of nothing again.

Taking any of the farts coming the Twatterati seriously is a disgrace.

I giggled....looks like those YouTube clips of the drunks in Russia.
    Advertorial Click-Bait Interferer

Waiting for the village idiot to create a poll "Do you use Twatter?" Or has he done it already?

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Most of this criticism is pretty silly, expecting spectators to help even more so. I know in the Comrades you are allowed to be helped across the line by a fellow competitor but not by a Marshall or member of the public. If i was a spectator, I for one, would be loathe to assist someone and possibly risk them being disqualified (unless they specifically asked for it).
    Ironman has the exact same rules. They are very, very strict too. Pass your sunglasses to a spectator? That would be considered as outside assistance and will lead to a disqualification.

I think the issue with this is that it was painful to watch. Help took 1.5 minutes to arrive - so people were understandably upset and uncomfortable. Not sure what the level of care is for these events, so feel like it has been blown out of proportion a bit.
    Stoned people in houses shouldn't throw glasses

Have a quick gander at some of those Twitter user's pages. They are hemorrhaging virtue signals everywhere.

Social media contacts are mostly more than happy to oblige your ego massage with a Like, Share and an almighty Amen.

Edit: If someone had helped him these same user's would either be tearing into that person with their vast medical knowledge and keyboard PHD's or they would be posting teary eyed videos praising the world for standing united as a community and would be heaping unfettered praises and adoration for this person. It just takes 1 user to set the stage on which way it's going to go and they all follow like sheep

Seeing this nauseating behavior on a daily basis caused me to terminate and nuke from orbit every single social media platform I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
    Have a quick gander at some of those Twitter user's pages. They are hemorrhaging virtue signals everywhere.

Social media contacts are mostly more than happy to oblige your ego massage with a Like, Share and an almighty Amen.

Edit: If someone had helped him these same user's would either be tearing into that person with their vast medical knowledge and keyboard PHD's or they would be posting teary eyed videos praising the world for standing united as a community and would be heaping unfettered praises and adoration for this person. It just takes 1 user to set the stage on which way it's going to go and they all follow like sheep

Seeing this nauseating behavior on a daily basis caused me to terminate and nuke from orbit every single social media platform I had.
    Except MyBB?

Stopped using Facebook and Twitter along time ago

Quote Originally Posted by ambroseg1 View Post
    Except MyBB?
    This forum rocks. There is like 5% bull**** and 95% helpful information and people here. This is a great community.

This forum rocks. There is like 5% bull**** and 95% helpful information and people here. This is a great community.
    CA is a different thing altogether.
    Yeah whatever mate

Quote Originally Posted by ForceFate View Post
    CA is a different thing altogether.
    Oh yes.

I think that, it's the nature of politics that brings out the best in everyone

Last edited by Solarion; 16-04-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    One guy? You should have seen the number of athletes that needed medical assistance during/after yesterday's Ironman here in PE.
    But they run a marathon after a 4km swim and a 180km bike...

I think they need medical assistance (read mental health) before racing.

j/k

I am an endurance athlete too.
    Stoned people in houses shouldn't throw glasses

Super Grandmaster

TV commentators and viewers blasted Hawkins' wait for medical assistance, while many also criticised the bystanders who took pictures.
    So what is the issue with this? The cameras were also filming the guy the whole time for live broadcast around the world. Should the feed have also been turned off?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12