Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #KaraboMokoena committed suicide, says Sandile Mantsoe

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default #KaraboMokoena committed suicide, says Sandile Mantsoe

Johannesburg - Not guilty; this was the plea which Sandile Mantsoe entered into on Monday for the murder of Karabo Mokoena and shocked the court by saying the deceased had committed suicide.

Dressed in a suave golden-brown chequered suit with a silk scarf as a tie, Mantsoe startled the High Court in Joburg, saying he had not grievously assault the 22-year-old Mokoena, kill her and then brutally dispose of her body by burning and ditching it in a Sandton veld.

Instead, the accused, through his lawyer, said he will prove that Mokoena had committed suicide.

Mantsoe is facing three charges; assault with the intention to do grievous body harm, murder and defeating the ends of justice.

In April last year, Mokoena made headlines after a frantic, social-media led search for her was launched after she had disappeared.

The State said in court on Monday that Mantsoe was the last person to have seen Mokoena at his Sandton apartment, where he assaulted her, killed her and ditched her body.
    More at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...ntsoe-14470341
    My views are not cast in stone

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't realise hashtags could die...

Regardless...RIP to whoever this is, suicide or not.
    Beware weapons grade stupidity in post following this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And she put herself inside a bin, drove herself to a secluded spot and burnt herself. Sounds plausible.
    Don't worry. Be happy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    I didn't realise hashtags could die...
    Why is the headline even using a hashtag?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zululami View Post
    And she put herself inside a bin, drove herself to a secluded spot and burnt herself. Sounds plausible.
    and Stabbed herself... Do not forget that you have to stab yourself and burn yourself.. I wonder if you wait until you are almost dead before lighting the fire.. Was she even burnt alive ?

Super Grandmaster pinball wizard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    Cause your average reporter is a moron and editors are retarded?

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Sandile Mantsoe was the last person Karabo Mokoena was expected to be with'

The family and friends of Karabo Mokoena did not think it was possible that she could be with her alleged killer‚ Sandile Mantsoe‚ when she suddenly went missing in April 2017‚ the High Court in Johannesburg heard on Tuesday.

“During that week‚ Stephanie (Karabo’s friend) suggested we go to Sandton Sky and ask Sandile where she is. That is the last person anybody would have expected her to be with because that was her ex-boyfriend‚” said Bontle Mokoena‚ Karabo’s sister.
    More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...ed-to-be-with/

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Court hears of mother’s anguish on being told her daughter had been killed as part of a ritual

Karabo Mokoena’s sister‚ Bontle‚ on Tuesday detailed how her mother broke down when she was told by police that her daughter’s on-again-off-again boyfriend‚ Sandile Mantsoe‚ had confessed to killing her daughter as part of a ritual.

Testifying in the High Court in Johannesburg‚ Bontle said her mother had been called into a room by a female officer after they had interrogated Mantsoe‚ who before then had denied seeing Mokoena.

Bontle said she suddenly heard her mother screaming in the room.

“Police said Sandile had said he had sacrificed Karabo and… that he would take us to where the body was‚” said Bontle.
    More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...t-of-a-ritual/

A Djinn
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#KaraboMokoena
    Someone finally stepped up to the KhoiSan people who have ! in front of their names.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible 2nd trial-within-a-trial in Karabo Mokoena's murder case

The trial of Sandile Mantsoe‚ alleged to have murdered his on-and-off girlfriend Karabo Mokoena could possibly see a second trial-within-a-trial.

“They said there was a suspect who was arrested who had wanted to go and show them where the body was. I asked whether it was possible for me to see the suspect and they said it was not a problem.

"I was walking to the cells and I came across police officers who were with one person who was in private clothes. When I got closer‚ I heard them talking so I stopped. What I had heard was shocking‚" said Mahwete. "This man was explaining to them how he was supposed to do something. He could not even explain what that thing was. I later found out that this man is Sandile Mantsoe. What I heard was that he did was what he was supposed to do‚" said Mahwete.
    More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...s-murder-case/

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    I've noticed its becoming common place to do it... 'media', all about reporting whats trending on the twittards
    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    It is their culture, they are proud, let them be

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood-stained carpet led to Sandile Mantsoe being arrested for Karabo Mokoena's murder

A freshly cleaned carpet led to Sandile Mantsoe being the prime suspect in the murder of his on-and-off girlfriend‚ Karabo Mokoena‚ the High Court in Johannesburg heard on Wednesday.

Sergeant Matshidiso Maseko said she had met Mantsoe at his apartment shortly after viewing CCTV footage of his building‚ days after Mokoena had last been seen or heard from.

The footage showed Mantsoe entering his apartment with Mokoena in the early hours of April 28 last year‚ but she was never seen leaving the place. Instead‚ Mantsoe had been seen wheeling a dustbin into and out of his apartment.

“I asked him why the carpet was wet. His response was that [he had cleaned the carpet] because he is selling the apartment and the estate agent and buyer are coming to view the place‚” Maseko said.
    More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...koenas-murder/

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cop asked me for bribe‚ says Karabo Mokoena’s alleged killer

Murder accused Sandile Mantsoe on Wednesday took to the stand in his trial-within-a-trial in which he disputed evidence by Captain Bhekisisa Mhlongo who claimed that Mantsoe had admitted to him that he had killed his girlfriend‚ Karabo Mokoena.

Mantsoe shocked the court when he submitted that Mhlongo made the damning allegations after he failed to solicit a bribe from him.

“He said to me‚ ‘look man‚ all that is happening can be fixed if you can give me something. We can let this matter go’‚” Mantsoe told the court.

“He said I should not worry about it. I asked him what he was referring to‚ but he said I must just relax and he would ensure that I do not get into trouble. I said ‘I do not know why I am here [at the police station] because you are accusing me of kidnapping a person and I did not kidnap anyone.’ He stepped out of the room and came back and asked me if there was something small that I could arrange for him. I said no. After I said no‚ he left and never came back‚” Mantsoe said.
    More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...lleged-killer/

A Djinn
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dressed in a suave golden-brown chequered suit with a silk scarf as a tie,
    Bloody Philistines. It's a damn cravat.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karabo Mokoena's ex-lover tells court: 'She was violent and addicted to the high life'

Murder accused Sandile Mantsoe has painted the late Karabo Mokoena as a violent person who was "addicted" to the high life.

In a statement read out by Captain Rogers Mahundla in the South Gauteng High Court in Johannesburg on Thursday, Mantsoe claimed that Mokoena had attempted to commit suicide several times.

He claimed Mokoena had multiple sexual partners, including one who "used to give her R100 000 a month", which made her "addicted" to the expensive lifestyle.

In the statement, Mantsoe also claimed Mokoena used to beat him up and that she had become angry and depressed after being raped by one of her former lover's friend.

He also alleged that Mokoena used to cut herself, and that her sister had witnessed it. At one point, he had found her on the floor with a box of sleeping pills.

'I panicked and didn't know what to do'

He said, in April 2017, before Mokoena allegedly committed suicide, he had broken up with her. He then left his apartment and, when he returned, he found Mokoena with a stab wound to her neck.

"I panicked and didn't know what to do... I pulled her body to the toilet and left. I went to get a tyre in Lyndhurst and a place to dispose of the body.
    More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-life-20180419

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast