Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Aussie travel advisory bashes South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    If we still played like World Champions, maybe
    So is that your list of 3 done?
    *suffering from thin privilege - hangs head in shame*

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    So is that your list of 3 done?
    Nea, Springboks are shyte now, they don't count.

Wine and Kruger national park. I need 1 more
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Super Grandmaster NarrowBandFtw's Avatar

Nea, Springboks are shyte now, they don't count.

Wine and Kruger national park. I need 1 more
    Kerry McGregor? Christina Storm? Candice Swanepoel?
    none so blind as those who refuse to see

http://lucidramble.com

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowBandFtw View Post
    Kerry McGregor? Christina Storm? Candice Swanepoel?
    Nee f0k. I appreciate a hot woman as much as the next guy. But there are countries all over the world with hot women
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Proteas? They're always up there in the tops

Super Grandmaster NarrowBandFtw's Avatar

Nee f0k. I appreciate a hot woman as much as the next guy. But there are countries all over the world with hot women
    True, imported mine from abroad and I am similarly conflicted about finding reasons to stay here forever. Hell if we could agree on which country to f-off too we'd be gone already I think.
    none so blind as those who refuse to see

http://lucidramble.com

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Proteas? They're always up there in the tops
    I think Sports are a bit of a hit and miss though. I don't even really watch Cricket .

I can appreciate a good victory though.

We designed and invented water purification systems being used the world over, now saving countless lives over the decades, who knows how many would have died of thirst/water born diseases had it not been for good old SA engineering and inventiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto_Helix View Post
    Shame they should report them to the HRC.
    If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there
    Accuse the enemies of that which you know you are guilty

Being proud of SA won't stop people being robbed or raped or killed, so what's the point of this proud list thing?

I'd be proud if we can get crime under control, even if we have to jail 10% of the population to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

Resident Postwhore Mephisto_Helix's Avatar

Nothing to be proud of when so many people are being so badly affected by crime and you get called all sorts when trying to point that fact out. A black colleague of mine confirmed today he's heading to Canada because of the crime and he's heartbroken at having to. The racists just can't wrap their head around crime being very very real and very very barbaric here and that it's not just whitey who wants to gtfo
    - Full Scale Revolt -
    : Riot :
    - Bring It Down -

You're a million times more likely to die from a terrorist related incident in the UK/USA than in SA. Rape, murder and other things... We have to own up to the truth, the threat is real.

Living overseas I often get asked why I left and there are a few answers:
    * first and foremost, the crime - it is out of control, it is not being policed and those that should set the example are being caught centre stage
    * second, the weakening economy - I like to travel and I can't afford to do that on the rand
    * racism - for a rainbow nation we are the most intolerant of each other out of any country I have ever been to

As a country, there is tons to admire, enjoy and be proud of. My gripe is that people mistake these things for being acceptable placeholders for your and your families safety and well being. No amount of beautiful landscape or things to be proud of is going to stop a gun toting criminal from shooting you, and unfortunately it is at the point where you are more likely to be shot if someone breaks into your home - for me that is simply not worth it. People have said many things to me about leaving but it is always easy to brush off as I know I no longer face this singular threat on a daily basis and I can take solace in that.

South Africa as a country is beautiful, I'm sorry I had to leave because I love the open space, the game farms, the braais etc but it is the people that make it a ****hole. If the people that caused the problem weren't there I would possibly still be there. Just because the people make it a terrible place to be doesn't mean it is a terrible place in and of itself; people seem to struggle wholly with this concept and can't separate the concerns.

There are many things to be proud of. We have some great sporting teams, like someone else mentioned amazing water treatment plants, SA invented the kreepy krauly, we developed the plans for the worlds number one attack helicopter. Some truly great things have come out of SA. My problem is how many great things have come out of the country lately? Everyone is so busy looting, stealing and screwing everyone over that no one in SA focuses on innovation and true change. It boggles my mind to see the simple yet truly forward thinking things people say and do on a daily basis simply because they aren't bogged down by this nonsense. There is a general air of despair, danger and fear in South Africa all day everyday - it's liberating living in a place where people don't live like that - it allows them to do what truly matters.

SA is the most racist place ever. The policies are based on race, the environment is based on race, the business is based on race, the politics is based on race, everything is based on race. It's annoying to have that be the sole defining factor of everything all day everyday from when you wake up until you go to bed. When you are removed from that environment and put in one where people are judged suitable based on their skills, knowledge and merit rather than the colour of their skin things seem to go a lot better.

TLDR; South Africa is great, the people in it that cause all the problems are ****.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789