Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rain LTE-A vs Cell C LTE-A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rain LTE-A vs Cell C LTE-A

I'm done with Rain, there is no light at the end of the tunnel for us. Rain has caused me so much unhappiness I will rather reactivate my 4mb/s line with telkom.

But seriously, where I live my only options are max 4mb/s adsl or lte-a. So my question is I am considering moving away from rain, keeping my router (which I paid for, since I had lte-a before there were any nice specials) and getting a cell c lte-a sim. Who of you are using Cell C's lte-a? And how is the performance?

Sorry for formatting, my phone is my only source of Internet (for obvious reasons)

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience with Cell C was horrible. Used it for about 8 weeks. I would have been happier if the service just didn't work but what happen was it was fine for 70% of the time, decent about 15% of the time and then the remaining time it just would not work at all i.e. no data throughput even with a full 4G signal - which is even worse. Cell C support is absolutely useless

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedox View Post
    I'm done with Rain, there is no light at the end of the tunnel for us. Rain has caused me so much unhappiness I will rather reactivate my 4mb/s line with telkom.

But seriously, where I live my only options are max 4mb/s adsl or lte-a. So my question is I am considering moving away from rain, keeping my router (which I paid for, since I had lte-a before there were any nice specials) and getting a cell c lte-a sim. Who of you are using Cell C's lte-a? And how is the performance?

Sorry for formatting, my phone is my only source of Internet (for obvious reasons)
    The performance is pretty good, Max I get is 40Mbps. There were problems when the service first came but it seems to be fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah,
    I'm in the same boat, First I had Telkom LTE uncapped, it was good but degraded to a point to which I could not get speeds above 1mbps. Moved to RAIN, Same story, got great speeds which degraded to a point I could not get higher than 4mbps. Moved to CellC. First 2 weeks it was fantastic, got speeds of 80mbps+, It degraded to basically 0mbps, logged multiple calls (everywhere), I complained everywhere and at the end I just gave up. So out of the 3, I'm back at RAIN as it was the best of the 3, the past week i'm also getting 20mbps at nights (touch-wood).
    If you are looking for good service, None of the above is for you. With all 3 of them you will log endless calls to which none will EVER be resolved. My ISP is BUZYBUY, now I cannot say anything bad about them, they respond quickly and try to help where they can, They really do go the extra mile, but if RAIN/CellC (IS) does not come to the party, not much BUZYBUY can do.
    Last edited by Lament; 08-05-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Please donate to the SPCA
    "I can not be defeated, I defeat all man, if he dies he dies." Ivan Drago

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Cell C gave me problems in the first two weeks of getting it but has been working flawlessly since February .
    Yo Soy La Princesa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tech Service is not good

+ Reply to Thread