Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76

Thread: ANC using land issue to attack white people - Moeletsi Mbeki

  1. #16
    Super Grandmaster manicminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    23,600
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...mbeki-20180515
    They think they can bring back the voters who are abandoning the ANC by attacking the white population
    Interesting observation. Just the fact that he thinks that scores with the population means he is of the opinion that the ANC is relying on racist attitude of the general populace to win the election.

  2. #17
    Super Grandmaster konfab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Watership Down
    Posts
    15,128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manicminer View Post
    Interesting observation. Just the fact that he thinks that scores with the population means he is of the opinion that the ANC is relying on racist attitude of the general populace to win the election.
    It fits in perfectly. They ratchet up the rhetoric when the possibility of loosing their majority is the highest.

  3. #18
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They have no alternative. They cannot tackle elections based on anything real as it just opens topics at every level of $billions stolen. They have to deflect even though it is these same racist policies that have turned off their electorate. Catch-22.

  4. #19
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    Name:  obvious.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  9.1 KB
    #ISRAELISFREE

  5. #20
    Super Grandmaster Arzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Back home...
    Posts
    26,053
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The sad reality is that the ANC is losing control. I'm not referring to government here though.

    The ANC is losing control of its "constituencies" on the ground and you have little thiefdoms popping up all over the place. These guys are using "policies" such as radical economic transformation, new dawn and expropriation without compensation as blunt tools to try and enrich themselves.

    I sat in a meeting for 3/4 hours this week listening to their vitriol. This specific groups stand point was that because Cyril had mentioned 30% local participation in a speech it was now legislation. On saying that we hadn't seen the legislation and would like a copy of it we were simply branded as uneducated racists.

    On bringing up that we had the actual stats on people employed, being between 60% and 80% from the local communities depending on function, we were told that we shouldn't try and cloud the issue with petty details.

    On suggesting that we include local government representatives in the discussion we were told not to politicise things.

    The crux of their matter was that they wanted us to officially recognise them and give them control over 30% of the activities in the area. This would relate to deciding everything from who gets employed to who gets sub-contracted.

    We also need to clearly understand that they would receive no payment for this but the people who benefitted who be encouraged to make a donation to them for the assistance.

    Should we choose not to work with them the alternative would be less than pleasant and we could expect protests and the like.

    The sad reality is that this is already the 2nd or 3rd group which have come around with a similar story and demands. The ANC has no control over them any more and they are becoming militant under the guise of serving the community and implementing policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by faniedry View Post
    It's time you update your signature by the way.

  6. #21
    Grandmaster Lord Farquart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Midstream
    Posts
    2,892
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f2wohf View Post
    I personally know two white families who got insanely richer since the Mugabes destroyed the country.

    That would make three families enriched with yours.

    (I really should write how generalizing is always inaccurate for dummies)
    Name them and please elaborate on your personal connection to them?

  7. #22
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pretoria Mahlanyeng
    Posts
    9,998
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Politicians will no doubt use anything to their advantage, no doubt that is a happening here, does not in any way mean there's nothing more to it than political point scoring.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

  8. #23
    Super Grandmaster Solarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Icecrown Citadel
    Posts
    15,726
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thestaggy said it best some time back.

    Quote Originally Posted by thestaggy View Post
    Economic destruction in our lifetime.



    At some point the people are going to come for/demand what was promised.

    Free education was promised pre-1994 elections. Look at what is happening now. Many university campuses have been turned in to war zones.

    People need to have a strong cup of coffee and catch a wake-up. Talk enough sh*t to people and you will eventually create a problem. This is why it is such a shame that kids at school never paid attention in history class. This stuff has happened for decades\ and has been repeated over and over again. Unbridled rhetoric and rabble-rousing at every opportunity will eventually lead to things getting out of hand. That is a guarantee. The ANC has pulled the pins on multiple hand grenades and left them lying all over the place.
    You've never seen a sense a sense of entitlement until you catch an adult Vervet monkey in your kitchen and try to chase him out.

  9. #24
    Super Grandmaster skeptic_SA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    -26.086102, 28.003336
    Posts
    8,481
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Every culture needs a boogey man. In Africa it's white folk.
    [O|||||||O]

  10. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wilderness
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic_SA View Post
    Every culture needs a boogey man. In Africa it's white folk.
    For now...

  11. #26
    Super Grandmaster evilstebunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    It's my world, you're just living in it.
    Posts
    17,033
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thing is this exact scenario of white people escape goating when the ANC starts to lose elections have been predicted by the clever people a long time ago.

    Kind of glad the other Mbeki has the courage/conviction to speak up about it tho. All that's missing now is the lack of support from his peers and the chorus of racist blacks telling him he's a coconut..

  12. #27
    Super Grandmaster konfab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Watership Down
    Posts
    15,128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilstebunny View Post
    Thing is this exact scenario of white people escape goating
    Name:  escape_goat.png
Views: 186
Size:  127.6 KB

  13. #28
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pretoria Mahlanyeng
    Posts
    9,998
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arzy View Post
    The sad reality is that the ANC is losing control. I'm not referring to government here though.

    The ANC is losing control of its "constituencies" on the ground and you have little thiefdoms popping up all over the place. These guys are using "policies" such as radical economic transformation, new dawn and expropriation without compensation as blunt tools to try and enrich themselves.

    I sat in a meeting for 3/4 hours this week listening to their vitriol. This specific groups stand point was that because Cyril had mentioned 30% local participation in a speech it was now legislation. On saying that we hadn't seen the legislation and would like a copy of it we were simply branded as uneducated racists.

    On bringing up that we had the actual stats on people employed, being between 60% and 80% from the local communities depending on function, we were told that we shouldn't try and cloud the issue with petty details.

    On suggesting that we include local government representatives in the discussion we were told not to politicise things.

    The crux of their matter was that they wanted us to officially recognise them and give them control over 30% of the activities in the area. This would relate to deciding everything from who gets employed to who gets sub-contracted.

    We also need to clearly understand that they would receive no payment for this but the people who benefitted who be encouraged to make a donation to them for the assistance.

    Should we choose not to work with them the alternative would be less than pleasant and we could expect protests and the like.

    The sad reality is that this is already the 2nd or 3rd group which have come around with a similar story and demands. The ANC has no control over them any more and they are becoming militant under the guise of serving the community and implementing policy.
    What meeting was this and who were you meeting? Sounds like Delangokubona..
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

  14. #29
    Super Grandmaster NarrowBandFtw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    the mother city
    Posts
    11,145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic_SA View Post
    Every culture needs a boogey man. In Africa it's white folk.
    not the tokolosh?
    none so blind as those who refuse to see

    http://lucidramble.com

  15. #30
    Super Grandmaster Arzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Back home...
    Posts
    26,053
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    What meeting was this and who were you meeting? Sounds like Delangokubona..
    Mmmm, let's just say I'm involved with big property developments.

    The people we were meeting weren't getting the response they wanted from previous meetings so they keep trying to get to a higher level in the development structure to get their way and as such it got to me.

    As to who they are, and without mentioning any names, they call themselves a local empowerment organization and lay claim to representing a rather large area (10+ city wards).

    All of that is immaterial though.

    The simple fact of the matter, in my line of work, is that we are seeing more and more of these organizations crop up and demand some form of participation which they control followed by threats of violence, strikes and boycotts if we don't agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by faniedry View Post
    It's time you update your signature by the way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. We don't hate white people, but land must be returned - Zuma
    By schumi in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 17-02-2017, 06:00 PM
  2. Malema: White people can't claim ownership of land
    By R/SGT in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 737
    Last Post: 07-07-2016, 08:31 AM
  3. White people don’t own the land – so take it: Malema
    By BusinessTech in forum BusinessTech News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-06-2016, 10:18 AM
  4. ‘When you have land you can hire white people’: Malema
    By BusinessTech in forum BusinessTech News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-06-2016, 09:58 AM
  5. White people do not control SA economy - Moeletsi Mbeki
    By BlindMelonChitlin in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-05-2016, 09:38 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •