Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tshwane mayor hired chief of staff without required qualifications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    Reporter

R3 076 954 million a year
    Or subs?
    Last edited by ForceFate; 16-05-2018 at 11:30 AM.
    Yeah whatever mate

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rietrot View Post
    I dislike the DA just as much as the next guy, but you lot are seriously looking more and more like paid ANC trolls.
    Admit it, you would be frothing at mouth by now if it was the ANC with the inadequately qualified AA candidate with just a matric earning that much money. I don't buy the coolness, where's the cadre deployment, pigs at the trough, looting and all the usual snide comments?
    Last edited by thechamp; 16-05-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike the DA just as much as the next guy, but you lot are seriously looking more and more like paid ANC trolls.
    Denialism is the hallmark of all DA lieutenants here on MyBB. Join the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Admit it, you would be frothing at mouth by now if it was the ANC with the inadequately qualified AA candidate with just a matric earning that much money. I don't buy the coolness.
    The difference is you lot want legislation that judges people's competence by their skin colour. If you want legislation like that, then you cannot complain when people use the evidence of said legislation as proof of inadequate qualifications.

That aside.

Lets say the DA do as they should and fire Msimanga for his role in this. I would bet R1000 that you and the ANC would say how evil and racist they are for firing a black person

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post
    The difference is you lot want legislation that judges people's competence by their skin colour. If you want legislation like that, then you cannot complain when people use the evidence of said legislation as proof of inadequate qualifications.

That aside.

Lets say the DA do as they should and fire Msimanga for his role in this. I would bet R1000 that you and the ANC would say how evil and racist they are for firing a black person
    Well they should just rectify the mistake and get the proper waiver. Then they should review the salary structures before they hire anyone new. This is still left over from the last administration who overpaid all their freinds. Firing Msimanga would be a bit extreme.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post

That aside.

I am just demanding a little consistency if you guys are even capable of that. Are you not the ones who are always moaning because people without the required qualifications are put into big money positions?

I am very surprised that no one has threatened to leave for overseas in protest of thus blatant cadre deployment? If your DA were to charge Msimanga for this and dismiss him we would all know what the fuss is all about not so? Why would anyone cry racism? My question now is how many unqualified DA cadres are in high paying position because of the abuse of these waivers? Surely Msimanga is not the only one? How many can we find in Cape Town?
    Last edited by thechamp; 16-05-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they should just rectify the mistake and get the proper waiver. Then they should review the salary structures before they hire anyone new. This is still left over from the last administration who overpaid all their freinds. Firing Msimanga would be a bit extreme.
    First try to do it undercarpet by not following proper procedure? (Why was proper procedure not followed in the first place? ) Then when you are caught you want to follow the proper process?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    Those are rookie numbers:

R3 076 954 million a year for Tshwane's municipal manager
    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-cash-20160707
    The municipal manager earns over R3 trillion a year? Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    Yes I'm Australian.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Still remember someone called Dr Thoahlane Thoahlane?, Tshwane has a history of paying people very well, extremely well.

**Edit: only saw the trillion part now.
    Last edited by thechamp; 16-05-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Does SARS even collect that much?
    Don't keep your bitcoin on an exchange.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First try to do it undercarpet by not following proper procedure? (Why was proper procedure not followed in the first place? ) Then when you are caught you want to follow the proper process?
    You're getting a bit ahead of yourself here pretending he is guilty of some serious wrong doing when they just didn't include a form to waive that she doesn't have a degree. And the HR person would normally sort out this details, so that person is more guilty than the mayor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Admit it, you would be frothing at mouth by now if it was the ANC with the inadequately qualified AA candidate with just a matric earning that much money. I don't buy the coolness, where's the cadre deployment, pigs at the trough, looting and all the usual snide comments?
    Nah we've switched to a join them if you cannot fight them policy, now we're advocating that if the ANC can do it the DA should be able to do it even better, crime & corruption included. After all why should the ANC be the only party who think laws don't apply to them?

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evilstebunny View Post
    Nah we've switched to a join them if you cannot fight them policy, now we're advocating that if the ANC can do it the DA should be able to do it even better, crime & corruption included. After all why should the ANC be the only party who think laws don't apply to them?
    Comrade

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself here pretending he is guilty of some serious wrong doing when they just didn't include a form to waive that she doesn't have a degree. And the HR person would normally sort out this details, so that person is more guilty than the mayor.
    What about the little problem of Msimanga trying to distance himself from the situation but it later transpires that he was indeed part of the people who made the appointment possible? We cool there as well, lying is also allowed from our highly esteemed DA leaders?

But let's do the usual, blame it on some junior person.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the little problem of Msimanga trying to distance himself from the situation but it later transpires that he was indeed part of the people who made the appointment possible? We cool there as well, lying is also allowed from our highly esteemed DA leaders?

But let's do the usual, blame it on some junior person.
    Were do you even get that from?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast