Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 118

Thread: Zuma's presidency was a total disaster – Trevor Manuel

  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFate View Post
    Straw man...

    Stay on topic please.



    I just wanted to know what you meant by "we all knew". Whether it was used literally.
    "We" are the open minded patriots that wanted a better S.A for everyone. "We" were the loads on loads of people who warned to ANC and the masses but got called all kinds of names for trying to help!
    So yes, it was used literally. "We", in this regards, is the collective for people who knew the ANC is going to fckup the country!

    As for the strawman accusation:
    Weren't you "too young" then? Or is that invoked when it's expedient? Or by "we all knew" refers to party the household voted for?

    Please practice what you preach!

  2. #17
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good.. say it to all the ANC voters. Coming from ANC. But we all knew it for years...

    BUT Lip Service again... no action.

    Freaking jail time for these corrupt people. Then I would be impressed.

    edit: Set an example that corruption WILL give you jail time. As long as corruption gets you more money with no worries.. ANC and co can fly a kite.
    Last edited by TelkomUseless; 17-05-2018 at 11:01 AM.

  3. #18
    Super Grandmaster SirFooK'nG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Durbs / Pinetown
    Posts
    7,580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry Trevor, too little too late. Those who see corruption and could stand up, but decide to stay silent are no better than those who are corrupt #RespectLost
    BullShyte Baffles Brains...

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFate View Post
    Straw man...

    Stay on topic please.



    I just wanted to know what you meant by "we all knew". Whether it was used literally.
    So let me ask you this:
    Did you vote for the ANC when JZ was their candidate for president?

    I never voted for the ANC. My 1st and 2nd vote went to the D.A, after that I didn't bother to go vote anymore.
    Last edited by Devviem; 17-05-2018 at 11:05 AM.

  5. #20
    Super Grandmaster Mike Hoxbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jhb
    Posts
    32,924
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't think he cares about anyone's view here.

    This seems to be electioneering to regain the lost ANC votes under Zuma...
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

  6. #21
    Super Grandmaster Lupus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,055
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devviem View Post
    So let me ask you this:
    Did you voted for the ANC when JZ was their candidate for president?

    I never vote for the ANC. My 1st and 2nd vote went to the D.A, after that I didn't bother to go vote anymore.
    You're aware you not voting is pretty much just allowing the ruling party to win right? Every vote counts and being apathetic about voting isn't going to help the situation. Also now that we know you didn't vote the last time, go sit in the corner and shut up.
    I've been around for a long, long year

  7. #22
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pretoria Mahlanyeng
    Posts
    11,303
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devviem View Post
    "We" are the open minded patriots that wanted a better S.A for everyone. "We" were the loads on loads of people who warned to ANC and the masses but got called all kinds of names for trying to help!
    So yes, it was used literally. "We", in this regards, is the collective for people who knew the ANC is going to fckup the country!

    As for the strawman accusation:
    Weren't you "too young" then? Or is that invoked when it's expedient? Or by "we all knew" refers to party the household voted for?

    Please practice what you preach!
    Patriots or verkrampte National party loyalists? there's a difference. Anyway many people were very optimistic during the time of Mandela, black and white, so optimistic that even the National party formed the government of National unity.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

  8. #23
    Super Grandmaster ToxicBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crimetown
    Posts
    69,866
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    Don't think he cares about anyone's view here.

    This seems to be electioneering to regain the lost ANC votes under Zuma...
    Yeah..

    Pretty much anything out of a politicians mouth for the next year will be electioneering....
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWizard View Post
    I must be retarded then

  9. #24
    Super Grandmaster Lupus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,055
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Patriots or verkrampte National party loyalists? there's a difference. Anyway many people were very optimistic during the time of Mandela, black and white, so optimistic that even the National party formed the governmentbof National unity.
    The government of national unity was formed for transitional purposes, so that the NP could be allowed to hand off properly. This of course failed dismally as government departments were cleared out of the old and replaced with the new so fast, it also lead to the NP pulling out of this in 1996 as they had little to no say in anything and basically were just a figurehead.
    I've been around for a long, long year

  10. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    You're aware you not voting is pretty much just allowing the ruling party to win right? Every vote counts and being apathetic about voting isn't going to help the situation. Also now that we know you didn't vote the last time, go sit in the corner and shut up.
    Ag shame, you really believe your puny vote makes a difference, rofl! Poor child!

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Die deeler is net so erg soos die steeler. Look that up.

  12. #27
    Super Grandmaster Lupus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,055
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devviem View Post
    Ag shame, you really believe your puny vote makes a difference, rofl! Poor child!
    You're the one moaning about everything in this country, yet you cannot get off your arse every five years and at least try. Moan as much as you want but when you're not even bothering to vote then moan to yourself.
    I've been around for a long, long year

  13. #28
    Super Grandmaster ForceFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rural ZA
    Posts
    8,109
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devviem View Post
    So let me ask you this:
    Did you vote for the ANC when JZ was their candidate for president?

    I never voted for the ANC. My 1st and 2nd vote went to the D.A, after that I didn't bother to go vote anymore.
    No
    Yeah whatever mate

  14. #29
    SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Dark room in Adventure. Grues abound.
    Posts
    16,727
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *yawn*

    more action, less talk, kthanxbai.
    500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation has passed.

  15. #30
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pretoria Mahlanyeng
    Posts
    11,303
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    The government of national unity was formed for transitional purposes, so that the NP could be allowed to hand off properly. This of course failed dismally as government departments were cleared out of the old and replaced with the new so fast, it also lead to the NP pulling out of this in 1996 as they had little to no say in anything and basically were just a figurehead.
    No problem, but a large part of the "We have always known things will never work out" gang is made up of the people who were having it good under apartheid and were just worried about the privilege they were losing, absolutely nothing to do with what is good for the country. Why would anyone take any advice seriously from such a person about the dangers of the ANC government?

    That is my point, those aren't patriots of this country by any stretch of the imagination, maybe patriots of apartheid and the NP.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 15-10-2016, 02:42 PM
  2. Trevor Manuel urges Jacob Zuma to step down
    By Grant in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-04-2016, 09:06 PM
  3. Trevor Manuel calls on Jacob Zuma to step down
    By rpm in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 08:58 PM
  4. Trevor Manuel calls on Zuma to step down
    By BusinessTech in forum BusinessTech News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 07:50 PM
  5. Trevor Manuel
    By mariush in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 08:43 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •