Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Afrihost - complaint email to Gian Visser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Afrihost - complaint email to Gian Visser

Good day Gian,

It is with sadness that I write this email, which will also be posted online.

We have been customers with Afrihost for the better part of two years now. We have 2 registered domains, a DSL capped date plan, and Rain account.

When moving from our previous service provide to Afrihost, we had excellent service. I had to phone the Call Centre a few times to assist with migrating the accounts and although I had long waiting times, my issues where always addressed and rectified over the phone. When I logged a support ticket I received response within 24 hours, if I sent an email I would receive a response within 3 days and when I made use of the online chat service I was connected to an agent within a few minutes.

Over 2018 so far, with every attempt to contact Afrihost I have been left disappointed an angered. Earlier in the year I changed the billing information on my private account, the next month my old information was used which then bounced. I went to online to double check the billing information and it showed the updated details in my client. I contacted the call centre to rectify this, I was told that there had been an error and I must EFT to settle the account. This error, which was not mine, ultimately led to unnecessary additional costs for me – firstly for the debit order bouncing and for the cost of the EFT.

In the beginning of this month I need to add a VAT number onto the account and call for assistance. I was unable to get through, I then sent an email ticket and attempted to contact online via chat. The chat was never answered and I received a reply to the email only after 2 weeks. Fortunately, I did contact the call centre after a few days again and the agent assisted me with the VAT number addition.

On Tuesday, 15th May 2018, I noticed that my email account was no longer working. This had to have occurred between 10.32 and 10.35 am as I had sent 2 emails and only the first had been received. Unfortunately, I only realised about 2 hours later and contacted Afrihost to assist. I was told that the agent was unable to assist and had to log a call request for a technical agent to call me back. I received a call from **** later in the day and she attempted to find out what the issue was. She was very patient over the phone and confirmed that she would try get the issue rectified. A while later it appeared that emails where slowly being received and sent. On Wednesday, 16th May 2018, the emails seemed to be working but there was a major delay in both sending and receiving emails. However, later in the day it kept requesting that I log into my account and I contacted Afrihost again for assistant. A agent once again explained that he would have an agent from the technical team call me back, I never received this call back. Yesterday, 17th May 2018, no incoming emails were able to be received to my Outlook, however, I was receiving them on my cell phone inbox. I could send emails from my account through Outlook, but could not send out from my cell phone. I once again contacted the call centre and was told tha they would have an agent call me back urgently. ******* contacted me and asked me to explain the issue again, I explained and she checked into it for me. She explained that she could see there was an issue with the server and she would send a request to the server technical team to rectify. I received no feedback at all over the course of the day, and the emails are still not working as they should be working, This morning, 18th May 2018, I once again contacted the call centre for feedback, the agent was helpful and went to see if ******* was available to check the status, he returned to the call and told me that ******* was off and he would see if **** was available to assist. **** was not available and he said he would log another call back request, at this point I was very angry and told him that after over 72 hours of my emails not working as they should, I was not going to wait for a call back, as I need the issue rectified. He then went to see if there was another technical assistant available which apparently there was not. Over this time he also spoke to his supervisor who told he to get my number for a call back. I then requested to speak to the supervisor, he went to find out and returned to say that the supervisor would not talk to me but I should leave my details for a call back. I think continued to tell him that I was very angry with the service I had received in response to this issue. That after 3 days it was still not rectified and I was unable to speak to anyone that could assist. He assured me that someone was working on repairing the issue (I still do not even know what the issue is) and he would get back to me with feedback.

I am very disappointed by the service I have received in response to my current issue, I have been unable to do my own work for 3 days due to the fact that there has been an issue with the server. At no point has it been explained to me what the actual issue is or expected turn around time for this to be rectified.
    Last edited by AfriGenie; 18-05-2018 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Edit to remove names of Support Agents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like there is a complaint to Afrihost every second day now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why are most of the complainants 1 poster wonders though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just go to another ISP - problem solved
    Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.

Afrihost representative AfriGenie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KirstyPanda View Post
    Good day Gian,

It is with sadness that I write this email, which will also be posted online.

We have been customers with Afrihost for the better part of two years now. We have 2 registered domains, a DSL capped date plan, and Rain account.

When moving from our previous service provide to Afrihost, we had excellent service. I had to phone the Call Centre a few times to assist with migrating the accounts and although I had long waiting times, my issues where always addressed and rectified over the phone. When I logged a support ticket I received response within 24 hours, if I sent an email I would receive a response within 3 days and when I made use of the online chat service I was connected to an agent within a few minutes.

Over 2018 so far, with every attempt to contact Afrihost I have been left disappointed an angered. Earlier in the year I changed the billing information on my private account, the next month my old information was used which then bounced. I went to online to double check the billing information and it showed the updated details in my client. I contacted the call centre to rectify this, I was told that there had been an error and I must EFT to settle the account. This error, which was not mine, ultimately led to unnecessary additional costs for me – firstly for the debit order bouncing and for the cost of the EFT.

In the beginning of this month I need to add a VAT number onto the account and call for assistance. I was unable to get through, I then sent an email ticket and attempted to contact online via chat. The chat was never answered and I received a reply to the email only after 2 weeks. Fortunately, I did contact the call centre after a few days again and the agent assisted me with the VAT number addition.

On Tuesday, 15th May 2018, I noticed that my email account was no longer working. This had to have occurred between 10.32 and 10.35 am as I had sent 2 emails and only the first had been received. Unfortunately, I only realised about 2 hours later and contacted Afrihost to assist. I was told that the agent was unable to assist and had to log a call request for a technical agent to call me back. I received a call from **** later in the day and she attempted to find out what the issue was. She was very patient over the phone and confirmed that she would try get the issue rectified. A while later it appeared that emails where slowly being received and sent. On Wednesday, 16th May 2018, the emails seemed to be working but there was a major delay in both sending and receiving emails. However, later in the day it kept requesting that I log into my account and I contacted Afrihost again for assistant. A agent once again explained that he would have an agent from the technical team call me back, I never received this call back. Yesterday, 17th May 2018, no incoming emails were able to be received to my Outlook, however, I was receiving them on my cell phone inbox. I could send emails from my account through Outlook, but could not send out from my cell phone. I once again contacted the call centre and was told tha they would have an agent call me back urgently. ******* contacted me and asked me to explain the issue again, I explained and she checked into it for me. She explained that she could see there was an issue with the server and she would send a request to the server technical team to rectify. I received no feedback at all over the course of the day, and the emails are still not working as they should be working, This morning, 18th May 2018, I once again contacted the call centre for feedback, the agent was helpful and went to see if ******* was available to check the status, he returned to the call and told me that ******* was off and he would see if **** was available to assist. **** was not available and he said he would log another call back request, at this point I was very angry and told him that after over 72 hours of my emails not working as they should, I was not going to wait for a call back, as I need the issue rectified. He then went to see if there was another technical assistant available which apparently there was not. Over this time he also spoke to his supervisor who told he to get my number for a call back. I then requested to speak to the supervisor, he went to find out and returned to say that the supervisor would not talk to me but I should leave my details for a call back. I think continued to tell him that I was very angry with the service I had received in response to this issue. That after 3 days it was still not rectified and I was unable to speak to anyone that could assist. He assured me that someone was working on repairing the issue (I still do not even know what the issue is) and he would get back to me with feedback.

I am very disappointed by the service I have received in response to my current issue, I have been unable to do my own work for 3 days due to the fact that there has been an issue with the server. At no point has it been explained to me what the actual issue is or expected turn around time for this to be rectified.
    That's an incredibly frustrating experience, and it's definitely not the type of experience that I want one of our Clients to have. I want to follow-up on this for you, and do my best to get this resolved. Can you please PM me your Afrihost account details.
    "Great Scott!"

+ Reply to Thread