Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 1998

Thread: Ashwin Willemse meltdown on Supersport

  1. #1981
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    2,967
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoneJunky View Post
    For him to bring the case, he needs to present his case. You can't just go there and say someone is racist. They actually listen to what happened.



    For you to be racist there need to be no action. For you to be taken to the EC for being racist there is going to have to be.

    Like how people are a paedophiles for being attracted to children. But if they don't do anything to them, they have done nothing wrong - the world probably wouldn't even know they are. They can't be charged for it. Like you and I won't be to label Mr X.
    Jees, I feel like I'm repeating myself here. He presents his 'My feels hurt, he is racist', with 0 evidence needed other than 'I feels it', and yes, that is all is needed for 'discrimination' case at EC. In EC, his version is accepted as truth until proven otherwise, you have to prove your innocence... you are guilty until proven innocent. The burden of proof lies on you. Which part aren't you following?

    Like ashwin here... with 0 evidence of any racism, and even a report saying no evidence of racism, the ec holds his version as fact. He is the poor victim. He doesn't need to prove any racism, his 'feels' are enough *sob*. SS, n&n now need to prove there is no racism. Thats how the ec works. In 'normal' court, it would be up to ashwin to provide evidence of his claims of racism, and with a report already saying there is none, and no evidence coming to light, he will have a tough time trying to prove his 'feels'. As such, he's going ec where his version is taken as fact until proven wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    It is their culture, they are proud, let them be

  2. #1982
    Super Grandmaster phoneJunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    5,772
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Jees, I feel like I'm repeating myself here. He presents his 'My feels hurt, he is racist', with 0 evidence needed other than 'I feels it', and yes, that is all is needed for 'discrimination' case at EC. In EC, his version is accepted as truth until proven otherwise, you have to prove your innocence... you are guilty until proven innocent. The burden of proof lies on you. Which part aren't you following?

    Like ashwin here... with 0 evidence of any racism, and even a report saying no evidence of racism, the ec holds his version as fact. He is the poor victim. He doesn't need to prove any racism, his 'feels' are enough *sob*. SS, n&n now need to prove there is no racism. Thats how the ec works. In 'normal' court, it would be up to ashwin to provide evidence of his claims of racism, and with a report already saying there is none, and no evidence coming to light, he will have a tough time trying to prove his 'feels'. As such, he's going ec where his version is taken as fact until proven wrong.
    And I am saying he can go, but when he presents it it won't go to the magistrate, it will be thrown out before then. Even if they ask me for my side, I can just use his version of the events to show that I have not done anything prohibited. It is not a case of my feels hurt, he is racist. They listen and decide if the presented version can be taken up.

    With Ashwin here, there isn't nothing here. There was an active effort to put him on the spot on live tv. Maybe it is because Ashwin didn't do his job and they felt to play a trick on him, which is already a bad move because those things need to be sorted out through SS channels, which is going to be the hardest thing to explain in the EC because this was definitely not protocol.

  3. #1983
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    10,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Jees, I feel like I'm repeating myself here. He presents his 'My feels hurt, he is racist', with 0 evidence needed other than 'I feels it', and yes, that is all is needed for 'discrimination' case at EC. In EC, his version is accepted as truth until proven otherwise, you have to prove your innocence... you are guilty until proven innocent. The burden of proof lies on you. Which part aren't you following?

    Like ashwin here... with 0 evidence of any racism, and even a report saying no evidence of racism, the ec holds his version as fact. He is the poor victim. He doesn't need to prove any racism, his 'feels' are enough *sob*. SS, n&n now need to prove there is no racism. Thats how the ec works. In 'normal' court, it would be up to ashwin to provide evidence of his claims of racism, and with a report already saying there is none, and no evidence coming to light, he will have a tough time trying to prove his 'feels'. As such, he's going ec where his version is taken as fact until proven wrong.
    Erm, did he not say he has ditched the EC and will support the HRC process now, or did I miss something.

    Former Springbok wing Ashwin Willemse has decided not to pursue an Equality Court case against SuperSport.

    I'll air my 'legitimate pain' at Human Rights Commission
    https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...hwin-willemse/
    "How do you keep an ANC official sober?
    You ask them to run a piss-up in a brewery."
    Bruce Gorton, TheTimes

  4. #1984
    Resident Postwhore Mephisto_Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    25,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    legitimate pain
    + --------------------- +
    - Opinion Censored -
    + --------------------- +

  5. #1985
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    2,967
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneeky View Post
    Erm, did he not say he has ditched the EC and will support the HRC process now, or did I miss something.


    https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...hwin-willemse/
    Roger roger
    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    It is their culture, they are proud, let them be

  6. #1986
    Super Grandmaster Fulcrum29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ten Forward
    Posts
    24,359
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneeky View Post
    Erm, did he not say he has ditched the EC and will support the HRC process now, or did I miss something.


    https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...hwin-willemse/
    Well... can't the SAHRC institute proceedings in the equality court? I mean, pending on how the SAHRC sees it in their perspective...
    Trolling is an Art. A Jest of Faith.

  7. #1987
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    5,030
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TelkomUseless View Post
    Should explain.

    I have a manager at work who code reviews. Yes, he is little tactless sometimes, but so be it. He calls a spade a spade. If you write **** code he will say so.

    3 black devs called him racist because he calls them on their code. He does the same to the white guys. He is a pita with this, but it is his job.

    Ps. He is not racist. He is just a normal dude... calling people on bad code.


    I can see AW playing the race card even more if something is said he doesn't like...
    And any decent manager looking at a case like that will see it for what it is, incompetent morons unable to do their jobs looking for excuses. What does that have to do with baiting someone into saying something racist or not, the post you were replying to?

  8. #1988
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,339
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cr419 View Post
    And any decent manager looking at a case like that will see it for what it is, incompetent morons unable to do their jobs looking for excuses. What does that have to do with baiting someone into saying something racist or not, the post you were replying to?
    I'm saying the same thing. He can communicate with N&N. Someone says "don't talk to me". And then AW says "see.. N/N as is racist because they don't want to talk to him. Work environment is bad..yada yada". Yes.. it's not racist.. but being white in SA, you say something and the other person doesn't like... (hence my example)... you as white dude is in ****.

    And you mention the decent manager example? You know how much flack he got because of the racist allegations ? HE had to jump thru hoops , take a lot of ****, meetings etc. The devs ? Nothing... they just had to throw that "racist" word.

    Yes.. that is how some companies work unluckily. And I can see SS bending toward throwing N&N under the bus, because the minister / ANC government already threw comments into the mix.SS will bend backwards for the government ...

    Ps. I'm not saying its going to happen. I would just be very careful interacting with him if I was N&N..
    Last edited by TelkomUseless; 12-07-2018 at 07:36 AM.

  9. #1989
    Bulls fan Vrotappel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alberton
    Posts
    13,912
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoneJunky View Post
    And I am saying he can go, but when he presents it it won't go to the magistrate, it will be thrown out before then. Even if they ask me for my side, I can just use his version of the events to show that I have not done anything prohibited. It is not a case of my feels hurt, he is racist. They listen and decide if the presented version can be taken up.

    With Ashwin here, there isn't nothing here. There was an active effort to put him on the spot on live tv. Maybe it is because Ashwin didn't do his job and they felt to play a trick on him, which is already a bad move because those things need to be sorted out through SS channels, which is going to be the hardest thing to explain in the EC because this was definitely not protocol.
    You are just making up facts now.

    Par for the course.
    If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there
    Accuse the enemies of that which you know you are guilty

  10. #1990
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Durbanville, Cape Town
    Posts
    32,064
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With Ashwin here, there isn't nothing here.
    Name:  wat.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  7.7 KB
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrica View Post
    they (criminals ) are just trying to make a living .

  11. #1991
    Super Grandmaster phoneJunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    5,772
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vrotappel View Post
    You are just making up facts now.

    Par for the course.
    I wasn't following this the whole time, so I could be wrong. But he did ask to the director to give Ashwin the first spot, without letting Ashwin know. If that is not putting him on the spot, then I don't know. Mallet for all purposes might have thought he did a nice thing for Ashwin, Ashwin didn't think so however. My opinion is that Ashwin was probably oversensitive and is feeling stupid now - I don't think he would have won in the EC, and I don't think he will win in the HRC either - unless there is something else.

  12. #1992
    RazedInBlack RazedInBlack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    <Cape Town>
    Posts
    34,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't get it! Leon Schuster made fun of and ridiculed Naas Botha for years. Whats the issue?

    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  14.7 KB
    DEL PythonFSi

  13. #1993
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazedInBlack View Post
    I don't get it! Leon Schuster made fun of and ridiculed Naas Botha for years. Whats the issue?

    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  14.7 KB
    Comedians get away with murder. Where is the Trevor Noah court case for saying the K-word?

  14. #1994
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazedInBlack View Post
    I don't get it! Leon Schuster made fun of and ridiculed Naas Botha for years. Whats the issue?

    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  14.7 KB
    Perhaps Mr Botha isn't a special snowflake with a massive chip on the shoulder like AW

  15. #1995
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazedInBlack View Post
    I don't get it! Leon Schuster made fun of and ridiculed Naas Botha for years. Whats the issue?

    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  14.7 KB
    Naas is nie 'n tjankgat nie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Supersport Streaming - Supersport 5 not working
    By Dean in forum TV Services, including DStv, Video on Demand, Video Streaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2017, 06:55 PM
  2. PC meltdown
    By Alan in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 14-11-2011, 11:38 AM
  3. Mobile Meltdown
    By marine1 in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-05-2009, 11:43 AM
  4. Ashwin Willemse retires from rugby
    By arf9999 in forum Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-03-2009, 03:35 PM
  5. Are you ready for meltdown?
    By Shake&Bake in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 30-04-2007, 08:45 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •