Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cash In Transit (CIT) Robbery Thread

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eg2505 View Post
    I cant understand why they don't literally drive around in an APC, or a converted military Vehicle.

or go the other way completly, car that is unmarked, armored like a state limo, and looks ordinary enough.

especially if they quick enough and anonymous enough to blend in to traffic.
    I think the problem is more the fact that they have inside men - so all of that becomes a bit irrelevant in terms of undercover cars and more men (they'll just hit it with more).

On your point about military vehicle, those cash vans in the US look damn solid - our's look more like converted flatbeds?

https://www.loomis.us/services/cash-in-transit - these suckers look like they can do the job? better - in terms of at least not being able to ram them off the road.

I read one report that said they just shot the tires out of the one van and it had to pull over

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girlfriend, cop, getaway-driver: Constable arrested along with 'heist kingpin's' gang

An alleged cash-in-transit kingpin and six of his accomplices have been arrested in Limpopo after police foiled an armed robbery. The girlfriend of one of the suspects has also been fingered in the planned crime. Initial investigations revealed she was a police constable. “The Limpopo and Mpumalanga Tracking Teams acted swiftly after they received information about seven suspects who were scouting the route where a cash-in-transit vehicle would pass in the Marble Hall policing precinct‚ Groblersdal Cluster‚” the police said in a statement.

The police said they found the suspects waiting to ambush a cash-in-transit vehicle in the bushes next to the road. “On confrontation‚ the suspects tried to flee the scene and also attempted to dispose of their cell phones‚ but they were cornered and apprehended on the scene. “Preliminary investigations led the team to police barracks where one of the arrested suspect’s girlfriend‚ allegedly a 37-year-old police constable‚ had parked the get-away vehicle for the suspects.

https://www-timeslive-co-za.cdn.ampp...ngpins-gang%2F
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Girlfriend, cop, getaway-driver: Constable arrested along with 'heist kingpin's' gang

An alleged cash-in-transit kingpin and six of his accomplices have been arrested in Limpopo after police foiled an armed robbery. The girlfriend of one of the suspects has also been fingered in the planned crime. Initial investigations revealed she was a police constable. “The Limpopo and Mpumalanga Tracking Teams acted swiftly after they received information about seven suspects who were scouting the route where a cash-in-transit vehicle would pass in the Marble Hall policing precinct‚ Groblersdal Cluster‚” the police said in a statement.

The police said they found the suspects waiting to ambush a cash-in-transit vehicle in the bushes next to the road. “On confrontation‚ the suspects tried to flee the scene and also attempted to dispose of their cell phones‚ but they were cornered and apprehended on the scene. “Preliminary investigations led the team to police barracks where one of the arrested suspect’s girlfriend‚ allegedly a 37-year-old police constable‚ had parked the get-away vehicle for the suspects.

https://www-timeslive-co-za.cdn.ampp...ngpins-gang%2F
    More of this needed. Good job saps.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see there is another G4S truck that was hit in the Cape this morning. Video is on Maroela Media.

Fark I love Coloured commentary, we should only employ Coloured people to do commentary, be it sport, politics anything! "Waar is die Boere my ou?"
    Last edited by Pitbull; 18-06-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt! Avatar compliments of saor

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    I see there is another G4S truck that was hit in the Cape this morning. Video is on Maroela Media.

Fark I love Coloured commentary, we should only employ Coloured people to do commentary, be it sport, politics anything! "Waar is die Boere my ou?" :crylaugh"
    I concur!
    https://www.nationaloptout.org

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fark I love Coloured commentary, we should only employ Coloured people to do commentary, be it sport, politics anything! "Waar is die Boere my ou?"
    The team were 9th in the Premier League in 2010 when they were sold to Venkys, they are now back in the Championship.

Blackburn Rovers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in the road when it happened... never felt so scared in my life.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zizo911 View Post
    I have always thought: If this happens in front of me and I have a phone with me while at the front. I'll ask the gun man: Hey, give a bag there? Fuel is expensive"

That video will go viral for sure

Glad you unharmed Zizo!
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt! Avatar compliments of saor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always thought: If this happens in front of me and I have a phone with me while at the front. I'll ask the gun man: Hey, give a bag there? Fuel is expensive"

Glad you unharmed Zizo!
    We actually joked about this afterwards... all I was doing was fetching my scripts from a neighbouring school. Luckily I managed to get out again quick. Thanks Pitbull

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you unharmed Zizo!
    Thugs don't have a sense of humour.
    Yeah whatever mate

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zizo911 View Post
    Eish...
    Yeah whatever mate

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick-thinking driver foils North West cash-in-transit heist attempt

An attempted cash-in-transit heist was foiled in Mooinooi in the North West on Monday night when the driver managed to get himself and his armoured car to safety after coming under fire, police said on Tuesday.

National police spokesperson Colonel Brenda Muridili said the driver was shot at on the road towards Majakaneng at about 19:00.

With bullets hitting his vehicle, he came to a halt when one of the tyres was hit. He stopped the vehicle and waited for the robbers to approach him.

As they came closer, he sped off on the flat tyre and only stopped when he arrived at a filling station to get help.

Majakaneng and Mooinooi are between Hartbeespoort Dam and Rustenburg.
    More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...tempt-20180619
    My views are not cast in stone

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man shot in the hand during Hillbrow CIT heist

A man in his 40s was shot in the hand during a cash-in-transit heist in Hillbrow, Johannesburg on Tuesday.

ER24 spokesperson Russel Meiring said that when the paramedics arrived on the scene, a man who is believed to be the driver of a small truck was found with a gunshot wound in the hand
    More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...heist-20180619
    My views are not cast in stone

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    You are black you ****ing Moron

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISS: Corruption is fuelling cash-in-transit heists

Cash-in-transit robbery is one of the fastest growing forms of aggravated robbery in South Africa. It poses a significant threat to public safety and South Africa’s economy.

What is particularly striking about these robberies is the brazenness of the criminals involved, and the violence associated with it. Equally concerning is the apparent inability of the criminal justice system to stop them.

Against this background, the South African Banking Risk Information Centre (SABRIC) has made available the most recent statistics on cash-in-transit robberies. The data shows an increase of 110% in the past four years – from 179 incidents in 2014 to 376 in 2017. At the time of writing, the figure already stood at 162 incidents.
    Read More...
    http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.ph...d=3&Itemid=113
    https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...ransit-heists/
    Quote Originally Posted by Swa View Post
    It's ignorant to think that reason and science necessarily leads to progress.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast