Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Upgrade from LTE to LTE-A

  1. #31
    Super Grandmaster JetsetWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,442
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bear101 View Post
    Yeah @cavedog .. soon as I get a chance will go up and align. Just a quick question does the LTE-A signal come from the same tower as others. Cause on the B315 on normal LTE I get full signal 5 bars.
    Should be the same. Download LTEWatch and check the tower ID.

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JetsetWilly View Post
    Should be the same. Download LTEWatch and check the tower ID.
    Thanks you will check up on that

  3. #33
    Super Grandmaster cavedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    10,154
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bear101 View Post
    Yeah @cavedog .. soon as I get a chance will go up and align. Just a quick question does the LTE-A signal come from the same tower as others. Cause on the B315 on normal LTE I get full signal 5 bars.
    It should but not all towers is LTE-A enabled but most are so might be another tower.

  4. #34
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bear101 can you do a speed test on the B618 around the same time you did the test on the B315 - around 18:30
    I ask this because at around 7am I get 81 Mbps on my B315 and 7pm I get around 22 Mbps.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProAsm View Post
    bear101 can you do a speed test on the B618 around the same time you did the test on the B315 - around 18:30
    I ask this because at around 7am I get 81 Mbps on my B315 and 7pm I get around 22 Mbps.
    Will do @ProAsm

    I do agree at peak times the speed is not the same. But will try tomorrow. And post it up

  6. #36
    Super Grandmaster JetsetWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,442
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProAsm View Post
    bear101 can you do a speed test on the B618 around the same time you did the test on the B315 - around 18:30
    I ask this because at around 7am I get 81 Mbps on my B315 and 7pm I get around 22 Mbps.
    Same except I get 4Mbps or less on 2300MHz and 20Mbps on 1800MHz after 7pm on my tower. Saturated.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JetsetWilly View Post
    Same except I get 4Mbps or less on 2300MHz and 20Mbps on 1800MHz after 7pm on my tower. Saturated.
    I am sure because of the tower in my area being congested, on the B315 for the last year the speeds have deteriorated a lot, and that is before or after 7pm. That was main reason of taking the leap and getting the B618 router, using it so far this weekend has been so much better after a very long time. Time will tell I guess.

  8. #38
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congestion is my big worry.
    I have kept my 4 Mbps ADSL incase I get fed up with congestion on LTE.
    Currently I have a B315 which my son gave me and use prepaid packages.
    Problem is due to congestion on ADSL, it drops to below 2 Mbps in the evenings and you need a constant 2.4 Mbps to stream 1080p HD.
    I would like to get a B618 + a 24 month contract and dump my ADSL but what happens a year down the road when congestion sets in big time on LTE.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProAsm View Post
    Congestion is my big worry.
    I have kept my 4 Mbps ADSL incase I get fed up with congestion on LTE.
    Currently I have a B315 which my son gave me and use prepaid packages.
    Problem is due to congestion on ADSL, it drops to below 2 Mbps in the evenings and you need a constant 2.4 Mbps to stream 1080p HD.
    I would like to get a B618 + a 24 month contract and dump my ADSL but what happens a year down the road when congestion sets in big time on LTE.
    And unfortunately that is the issue with LTE, if the towers get congested it will definitely causing speed issues.

    On this forum I been reading lots of users advice on different threads, which led me in getting the B618, Will my speed deteriorate in the future I am not sure, hopefully I get fibre in my area soon.

  10. #40
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL... my son has just installed fibre, get ready to turn green.
    https://tinytake.s3.amazonaws.com/pu...8-02-07-49.mp4

  11. #41
    Super Grandmaster JetsetWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,442
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProAsm View Post
    LOL... my son has just installed fibre, get ready to turn green.
    https://tinytake.s3.amazonaws.com/pu...8-02-07-49.mp4
    Aaah shaddup.

    lol
    What happened to the other 15?

  12. #42
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    1,227
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JetsetWilly View Post
    Aaah shaddup.

    lol
    What happened to the other 15?
    The neighbour got upgraded wifi internet connection as well.. netflix in 4k ....

  13. #43
    Grandmaster SweetFennyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hamilton New Zealand
    Posts
    1,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Will this small mifi modem work on Telkom's LTE-A network?

    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3231575b23SB4p

    It does TDD-LTE 4G at 2300 Mhz.

    I want to get one for my sister.
    Last edited by SweetFennyAdams; 14-06-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people.

  14. #44
    Super Grandmaster cavedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    10,154
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetFennyAdams View Post
    Will this small mifi modem work on Telkom's LTE-A network?

    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3231575b23SB4p

    It does TDD-LTE 4G at 2300 Mhz.

    I want to get one for my sister.
    Does not look like a router that can do LTE-A at all in fact.

  15. #45
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    1,227
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetFennyAdams View Post
    Will this small mifi modem work on Telkom's LTE-A network?

    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3231575b23SB4p

    It does TDD-LTE 4G at 2300 Mhz.

    I want to get one for my sister.
    Nope, not LTE-A... but she should get good speeds if you have good signal from normal LTE on 2300mhz band

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrade Contract before your upgrade period
    By marhsava in forum Cellular: Mobile Phones, Call Contracts, Content, MMS and SMS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20-04-2017, 06:29 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-03-2015, 09:03 PM
  3. Will Cellc give me my upgrade 2 weeks before my upgrade date?
    By Richard101 in forum Cellular: Mobile Phones, Call Contracts, Content, MMS and SMS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-01-2013, 09:52 PM
  4. Line upgrade vs account upgrade
    By Greylor in forum ADSL and VDSL Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-05-2010, 08:39 PM
  5. Minor upgrade, or major upgrade? That is the question.
    By SanchoP in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 27-11-2007, 09:32 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •