Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telkom Cancellation Woes Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Telkom Cancellation Woes Questions

Hi All,

I would like to do a quick survey in regards with Telkom cancellations. This includes normal Telkom and Telkom Mobile.

1. How long were you on the line or did you stand in a queue to have your account cancelled?
    2. Was it cancelled correctly? Thus was it cancelled and you did not have to do any followups.
    3. If it was not cancelled correctly how many followups did you have to do (tickets logged)?
    4. Did you after multiple tickets and it still not being cancelled instruct the bank to stop the debit orders?

At the moment I am battling with Telkom. I have stopped the debit orders via the bank. Now hopefully Telkom will do their part and cancel it...and refund me the the months they have been billing me incorrectly. If not they will probably hand me over for debt collection. I am completely willing to take them to court if they are the cause of a bad credit rating for me.

So first part of the survey is to find out who else had/have issue cancelling with them and just get a general feel from you on your experience. Would like to get actual percentages of good experience vs bad.

Second part will be to find out who has been handed over and has been blacklisted due to negligence on Telkom's side in cancelling. If I am handed over I would like to start a group legal action against them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. You don't phone, you send them an email with a document you sign to cancel.
    2. No, three followups and after a couple of reversals it was properly cancelled
    3. See above
    4. Three tickets, I instructed the bank to reverse them yes.
    I've been around for a long, long year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is worse than trying to get out of timeshare. They refuse to cancel over the phone and the on-line system can't find my account. You are left with no other option but to go queue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Cancelled two services with Telkom, a Telkom Mobile contract and an ADSL line.
    1. Neither. You fill out the service cancellation form and email it the the cancellation mailbox. The wait comes from the processing, it took about two weeks for each service to confirm it was cancelled.
    2. Yes, cancelled correctly. But took 2 weeks. If this happens to go over a month end or debit order day I guess you could have issues. Mine didnít in my two cancellations.
    3. N/A. Was cancelled correctly.
    4. N/A. Was cancelled correctly.

Have you tried the route of filling out the form and mailing it to cancellations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salvage View Post
    Hi. Cancelled two services with Telkom, a Telkom Mobile contract and an ADSL line.
    1. Neither. You fill out the service cancellation form and email it the the cancellation mailbox. The wait comes from the processing, it took about two weeks for each service to confirm it was cancelled.
    2. Yes, cancelled correctly. But took 2 weeks. If this happens to go over a month end or debit order day I guess you could have issues. Mine didnít in my two cancellations.
    3. N/A. Was cancelled correctly.
    4. N/A. Was cancelled correctly.

Have you tried the route of filling out the form and mailing it to cancellations?
    Yes I did fill out the form again and did mail it to them as well. Still not cancelled. I have 6 tickets in regards with the cancellation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Three hours and counting...
    2. No.
    3. Two
    4. Not yet, but will do so if no success

As I posted on a separate Hellkom thread:
    I want to cancel a line, so stood in line for more than an hour on Saturday and they told me to go and register first and then 'link the account, it's easy'. Went home and tried (on multiple browsers)... Nada. Went back to the shop and watched while they tried: again Nada. They have no clue what's going on, and no idea how to resolve it. They seem to purposefully make it impossible to cancel a line. Never mind the obvious issue with their systems.

And sending a cancellation form to the email provided fails: undeliverable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used the old service portal and cancellation was done in two weeks.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

+ Reply to Thread