Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 152

Thread: BREAKING: Trump, Kim commit to 'complete denuclearisation' of Korean Peninsula

  1. #121
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Probably won't even cause a ripple of self-reflection either...
    Yes. What's up with that? I thought Libertarians and Conservatives prized individuality. Else why so scared of teh commies?
    Yet they've been engaging in eerie groupspeak for the last 18 months or so.
    Invasion of the bodysnatchers, maybe?
    "Today we’ll go out witchfinding, an’ tomorrow we could hide, an’ it’d be the witches’ turn to find US. ”

  2. #122
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,179
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randhir View Post


    :
    That is hilarious. How the roles have inverted.

  3. #123
    Super Grandmaster rietrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8,146
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techne View Post
    That is hilarious. How the roles have inverted.
    Not really just a different faction is now in charge. FOX can be just as bias as CNN. They will always run with the current establishment and try and tell people what to think instead of just reporting on the news.

    I'm sure Ryan and the Bushes and the old GOP establishment views are pretty much consistent and the same as with the Dems, they all would have loved to keep the warmongering going.

    It too soon to see where trump really stands on this. NK isn't just going to give up their Nukes for nothing. They are both now trying to look reasonable in the public until it all blows up again.
    At least the meeting was a good first step in the right direction.

  4. #124
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,179
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rietrot View Post
    Not really just a different faction is now in charge. FOX can be just as bias as CNN. They will always run with the current establishment and try and tell people what to think instead of just reporting on the news.

    I'm sure Ryan and the Bushes and the old GOP establishment views are pretty much consistent and the same as with the Dems, they all would have loved to keep the warmongering going.

    It too soon to see where trump really stands on this. NK isn't just going to give up their Nukes for nothing. They are both now trying to look reasonable in the public until it all blows up again.
    At least the meeting was a good first step in the right direction.
    I was rwferring to the supporters of both sides. But I get your point.

  5. #125
    Super Grandmaster rietrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8,146
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techne View Post
    I was rwferring to the supporters of both sides. But I get your point.
    Ja, not disagreeing with you. Just adding my two cents. I Quoted you to follow on with the conversation. It is rather pointless to quote or reply to a post from Randhir or OD when they're just out trolling and posting ideological BS.

  6. #126
    Super Grandmaster f2wohf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rietrot View Post
    Ja, not disagreeing with you. Just adding my two cents. I Quoted you to follow on with the conversation. It is rather pointless to quote or reply to a post from Randhir or OD when they're just out trolling and posting ideological BS.
    Whereas on the other hand bias is measured scientifically and is not by any means subjective?

    Name:  IMG_6520.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  103.6 KB


  7. #127
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    6,482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rietrot View Post
    Ja, not disagreeing with you. Just adding my two cents. I Quoted you to follow on with the conversation. It is rather pointless to quote or reply to a post from Randhir or OD when they're just out trolling and posting ideological BS.
    funniest post of the year! I can see why you support Trump though
    LBRY is a free, open, and community-run digital marketplace.

  8. #128
    Super Grandmaster rietrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8,146
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C4Cat View Post
    funniest post of the year! I can see why you support Trump though
    Thanks

  9. #129
    Super Grandmaster f2wohf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What a surprise!

    Security Brief: North Korea Exploits Diplomatic Opening; Trump Administration Divided

    Not much progress. Despite pledges from President Donald Trump that North Korea would quickly begin the work of giving up its nuclear weapons arsenal, a flurry of news reports indicate that Pyongyang is backsliding on its promises and stepping up production of nuclear fuel and missiles.

    According to a bombshell report by NBC, American intelligence analysts believe North Korea has increased the production of enriched uranium and is likely making moves to conceal its nuclear program, deceive Washington over the course of negotiations, and cling to its nuclear weapons.

    “There’s no evidence that they are decreasing stockpiles, or that they have stopped their production,” a U.S. official told the network. “There is absolutely unequivocal evidence that they are trying to deceive the U.S.”

    Meanwhile, other controversial North Korean military activity appears to be continuing.

    Newly obtained satellite imagery indicates that North Korea is expanding a facility dedicated to the production of solid-fuel ballistic missiles, according to the Wall Street Journal. Solid-fuel missiles can quickly strike targets and require less lead time prior to a strike.

    Additionally, a U.S. military intelligence assessment has found that North Korea continued “to produce support equipment and launchers for one of its newer ballistic missiles through the first half of 2018,” according to the Diplomat.
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/07/02...ation-divided/

  10. #130
    Verboten Pitbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    56,942
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f2wohf View Post
    SA gave up our nuclear bombs and production voluntary, yet Pelindaba also expanded and production increased under NECSA. However, this is for research and medical purposes.

    Not saying this is the same thing (I highly doubt it) but shouldn't there be evidence of the fact before articles like this is written?
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt! Avatar compliments of saor

  11. #131
    Super Grandmaster konfab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Watership Down
    Posts
    16,138
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    SA gave up our nuclear bombs and production voluntary.
    I would say it was out of necessity and spite.

  12. #132
    Super Grandmaster BBSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Guptastan
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post
    I would say it was out of necessity and spite.
    To keep it away from the comrades?

  13. #133
    Super Grandmaster Unhappy438's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    16,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    SA gave up our nuclear bombs and production voluntary, yet Pelindaba also expanded and production increased under NECSA. However, this is for research and medical purposes.

    Not saying this is the same thing (I highly doubt it) but shouldn't there be evidence of the fact before articles like this is written?
    I suppose it depends how much value you put on a quote from an unnamed US official.

    Also

    North Korea Has Continued Ballistic Missile Launcher Production in 2018, Per US Intelligence
    https://thediplomat.com/2018/07/excl...-intelligence/

    Either way, i dont think research and medical purposes would be exempt from a denuclearisation deal, too much grey area there.
    "Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so." -Galileo

  14. #134
    Verboten Pitbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    56,942
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy438 View Post
    I suppose it depends how much value you put on a quote from an unnamed US official.

    Also



    https://thediplomat.com/2018/07/excl...-intelligence/

    Either way, i dont think research and medical purposes would be exempt from a denuclearisation deal, too much grey area there.
    Yea like I said, not buying that it's for any other purpose than building bombs in NK. Just think it's a bit of a stretch without proof though and using expansion as a evidence.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt! Avatar compliments of saor

  15. #135
    Super Grandmaster konfab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Watership Down
    Posts
    16,138
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBSA View Post
    To keep it away from the comrades?
    Yup. It was one of De Klerks's most politically brilliant moves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fibre in the Southern Cape Peninsula
    By NigelD in forum Fibre Networks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-03-2018, 03:36 PM
  2. Replies: 298
    Last Post: 03-02-2018, 02:40 AM
  3. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 03:28 PM
  4. crankshaft repairs cape peninsula
    By Boeta B in forum Motoring and Transportation: Cars, Bikes and Planes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-07-2014, 01:56 AM
  5. South Korean warship almost certainly sunk by North Korean submarine
    By The_Assimilator in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 24-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •