Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RAIN Mobile - Comedy of Errors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RAIN Mobile - Comedy of Errors

I have officially given up on this product... Sad reality is, I have not even used it. Believe me, I tried.

TLDR - Ordered a SIM card - spectacular failure on RAIN's behalf, now unable to cancel the order and I am expected to pay for a service I don't have...

Step 1: See the launch of RAIN Mobile, as I am a subscriber to RAIN fixed LTE I thought this to be a nice addition to my internet at home.
    Step 2: Open the website, register, order and PAY for the sim card.
    Step 3: Delivery date rolls by...
    Step 4: Receive a SMS with an apology asking me to pick a new delivery date.
    Step 5: New delivery date rolls by...
    Step 6: Attempt live chat help (only took 3 hours to connect to an agent) I then get told - "yes my SIM card was ordered, however the payment failed on THEIR side and that I have to reorder. All fine and dandy, these things happen - lets pay again except there is no way to reorder on the website and the live chat agent was unable assist.
    Step 7: Agent escalates the call. Also confirms that I will be charged on the 1st for the add-on data (R250) for a product I don't have...
    Step 8: I have now waited another 2 days with no response. I am now trying to cancel this useless product, but I cannot do so on the website because that section on my profile is not yet active as I have yet to receive my SIM card. The only section visible on my profile is data usage and a reminder that I will be billed on the first on July. This morning I decided to phone. I am currently holding for the first available operator - have been doing so since 09:00 (almost 2 and a half hours no answer)

I have no idea how this story ends...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ends by waiting like everybody else

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NodeCore View Post
    I have officially given up on this product... Sad reality is, I have not even used it. Believe me, I tried.

TLDR - Ordered a SIM card - spectacular failure on RAIN's behalf, now unable to cancel the order and I am expected to pay for a service I don't have...

/snip
    You will NOT be charged. Lastly, they are removing orders that had failed payments so one can reorder. Only thing you can do to be safe, ask them to remove your CC details .

If your dashboard doesn't show anything resembling sim information, you can't be billed.
    unofficial mybroadband Telegram 5000 group challenge. Dare to enter the crazy?? Details [thread] to be coming soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks - appreciate. Clearly the live chat agent didn't have all the info. Now if only I can get someone on their side to answer the phone

+ Reply to Thread