Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 211 to 216 of 216

Thread: Loadshedding is back

  1. #211
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Little Karoo
    Posts
    21,953
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's WhatsApp voice message doing the rounds this afternoon, ostensibly from a contractor to Eskom. In Afrikaans.

    Basically says get petrol for your genny because the problems are about to get a lot worse. Claims people are allowed out, but strikers are not allowing anyone to enter sites. Units are facing shutdown at several baseload stations.

    Have no idea how true this is. Could just be another bit of FN/spam/junk... but if real is rather concerning...

  2. #212
    Super Grandmaster Dan C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beacon Bay (EL)
    Posts
    14,939
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    There's WhatsApp voice message doing the rounds this afternoon, ostensibly from a contractor to Eskom. In Afrikaans.

    Basically says get petrol for your genny because the problems are about to get a lot worse. Claims people are allowed out, but strikers are not allowing anyone to enter sites. Units are facing shutdown at several baseload stations.

    Have no idea how true this is. Could just be another bit of FN/spam/junk... but if real is rather concerning...
    I never apologise. Iím sorry, thatís just the way I am.

  3. #213
    Super Grandmaster Sinbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    58,488
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    There's WhatsApp voice message doing the rounds this afternoon, ostensibly from a contractor to Eskom. In Afrikaans.

    Basically says get petrol for your genny because the problems are about to get a lot worse. Claims people are allowed out, but strikers are not allowing anyone to enter sites. Units are facing shutdown at several baseload stations.

    Have no idea how true this is. Could just be another bit of FN/spam/junk... but if real is rather concerning...
    That went around last week Wednesday or thursday. In retrospect, accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    It is a Chrismas time, animals speak human language, deamons speak through the humans, it is normal. Honesty is the way we can combat it.

  4. #214
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Little Karoo
    Posts
    21,953
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    That went around last week Wednesday or thursday. In retrospect, accurate.
    This one starts "Naand, almal. Uuuuh. Net so 'n vinnige update hier van Eskom se kant af. Die van julle wat generators en goed het, kry maar petrol vir hulle … errr … daar's groot probleme op die sites..."

  5. #215
    Super Grandmaster Sinbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    58,488
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Same one
    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    It is a Chrismas time, animals speak human language, deamons speak through the humans, it is normal. Honesty is the way we can combat it.

  6. #216
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Little Karoo
    Posts
    21,953
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Same one
    Hehe. Relieved I'm at the tail end of these sorts of chains. Deleted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Similar Threads

  1. Loadshedding back?
    By Mephisto_Helix in forum Eskom and Electricity: Load Shedding, Generators, UPS, Alternative Power
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-03-2010, 10:09 AM
  2. Is loadshedding Back?
    By Daniedj in forum Eskom and Electricity: Load Shedding, Generators, UPS, Alternative Power
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
  3. Loadshedding again
    By Jonny Two Shoes in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 09:56 AM
  4. No more loadshedding?
    By mercurial in forum Eskom and Electricity: Load Shedding, Generators, UPS, Alternative Power
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-02-2008, 07:37 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •