Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: New Plex android app: where is the ****ing library

  1. #1
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default New Plex android app: where is the ****ing library

    Why oh why would they fix something if it aint broke!

    I have a folder system for movies and music on my media server that I access via plex on my phone by browsing the library.

    The latest plex update is so counter intuitive, where the **** is the library now?

  2. #2
    Super Grandmaster Soul Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sasolburg
    Posts
    7,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What am I missing?

    Name:  Screenshot_20180614-191637_Plex.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  12.6 KB

  3. #3
    Super Grandmaster Hectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kirkwood, EC
    Posts
    6,106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe your IP address changed?

  4. #4
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There used to be the option to BROWSE, when selected it showed the individual folders as entered into the server. You can then select files in each folder.
    Last edited by Goobie; 14-06-2018 at 07:59 PM.

  5. #5
    Super Grandmaster rakabos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The new ui is horrible

    Many many complaints

  6. #6
    Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Table View
    Posts
    20,284
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobie View Post
    Why oh why would they fix something if it aint broke!

    I have a folder system for movies and music on my media server that I access via plex on my phone by browsing the library.

    The latest plex update is so counter intuitive, where the **** is the library now?
    Select the media type from the bar at the bottom then you can select the source from the top dropdown menu.

    You can also now customize your home screen by adding hubs like On Deck, Recently Added, etc from specific severs to your home screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolani99 View Post
    The atheists won't be forced to bow their heads, they can just imagine themselves burning in hell.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    Select the media type from the bar at the bottom then you can select the source from the top dropdown menu.

    You can also now customize your home screen by adding hubs like On Deck, Recently Added, etc from specific severs to your home screen.
    Ooooooh I see. Thank you

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Custom media folders/libraries can not be accessed at all on the new app. For example, I have a "music videos" library with folders for classical music, oldies, pop, etc. The only way to get to a music video is to search for the file by name. It is not possible to browse the library.

    This issue has been raised by numerous users on the plex website, but there is no solution. I have reverted to the v16.7.xx android app, while waiting for a decent update

  9. #9
    Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Table View
    Posts
    20,284
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis.se.foon View Post
    Custom media folders/libraries can not be accessed at all on the new app. For example, I have a "music videos" library with folders for classical music, oldies, pop, etc. The only way to get to a music video is to search for the file by name. It is not possible to browse the library.

    This issue has been raised by numerous users on the plex website, but there is no solution. I have reverted to the v16.7.xx android app, while waiting for a decent update
    I'm not sure I entirely understand the issue. Are the music videos in an "Other Videos" type library? How did you access them with the previous version of the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolani99 View Post
    The atheists won't be forced to bow their heads, they can just imagine themselves burning in hell.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    I'm not sure I entirely understand the issue. Are the music videos in an "Other Videos" type library? How did you access them with the previous version of the app?
    I have 2 "other videos" libraries. The new app only allows access to the first one. Second and subsequent libraries are not accessible.

    In the previous app version, the menu on top left (the 3 bars) provided access to all libraries.

  11. #11
    Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Table View
    Posts
    20,284
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis.se.foon View Post
    I have 2 "other videos" libraries. The new app only allows access to the first one. Second and subsequent libraries are not accessible.

    In the previous app version, the menu on top left (the 3 bars) provided access to all libraries.
    Huh, that's strange. I can see all my "Other Video" libraries.

    When you say it's not accessible, does it show up in the list and you get an error when selecting it or does it just not show at all in the list?

    Also, is there a forum post from plex.tv site you could point me to where this is being discussed so I can take a look at the other people that have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolani99 View Post
    The atheists won't be forced to bow their heads, they can just imagine themselves burning in hell.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    Huh, that's strange. I can see all my "Other Video" libraries.

    When you say it's not accessible, does it show up in the list and you get an error when selecting it or does it just not show at all in the list?

    Also, is there a forum post from plex.tv site you could point me to where this is being discussed so I can take a look at the other people that have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    Huh, that's strange. I can see all my "Other Video" libraries.

    When you say it's not accessible, does it show up in the list and you get an error when selecting it or does it just not show at all in the list?

    Also, is there a forum post from plex.tv site you could point me to where this is being discussed so I can take a look at the other people that have this problem?
    The android app is being discussed on this forum thread. The problems with custom libraries are discussed towards the bottom of Page 2 and continue on page 3. Note that I have no issue at all with the layout of the new app. My problem is that I can only access one "other video library". My second library is not shown at all. However, if I search for a video by name, it shows up in the search results and it does play.

    The v7.0.4 android app does not resolve this issue. V6.xx works fine.

    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/32...-on-android/p3



    There are reports that the ios app is having similar issues:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/32...atest-plex-app forum.


    An unrelated problem is that the Samsung tv app can no longer delete files, after the recent Plex server update. I now have to periodically go through the "recently watched" list per library to delete content that was watched on the tv. This is being discussed here.

    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/32...ng-tv-plex-app

    It would be great if you have access to the people who can resolve these issues

  13. #13
    Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Table View
    Posts
    20,284
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis.se.foon View Post
    The android app is being discussed on this forum thread. The problems with custom libraries are discussed towards the bottom of Page 2 and continue on page 3. Note that I have no issue at all with the layout of the new app. My problem is that I can only access one "other video library". My second library is not shown at all. However, if I search for a video by name, it shows up in the search results and it does play.

    The v7.0.4 android app does not resolve this issue. V6.xx works fine.

    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/32...-on-android/p3



    There are reports that the ios app is having similar issues:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/32...atest-plex-app forum.


    An unrelated problem is that the Samsung tv app can no longer delete files, after the recent Plex server update. I now have to periodically go through the "recently watched" list per library to delete content that was watched on the tv. This is being discussed here.

    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/32...ng-tv-plex-app

    It would be great if you have access to the people who can resolve these issues
    Thanks for the info, so if I understand correctly you're not seeing the little dropdown arrow next to the library name like in this example (after "Photos (Martin Family)"):



    I don't personally work on the Android app but I can find out if they're aware of this particular issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolani99 View Post
    The atheists won't be forced to bow their heads, they can just imagine themselves burning in hell.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    Thanks for the info, so if I understand correctly you're not seeing the little dropdown arrow next to the library name like in this example (after "Photos (Martin Family)"):



    I don't personally work on the Android app but I can find out if they're aware of this particular issue.
    Ah. Your picture gave me a clue. I did some checking and the arrow under "movies" shows my movies folder and one of my "other videos" folders.

    If I click on "more" on the bottom right-hand side of the screen, the second "other videos" folder is available there. That's a confusing approach, but thanks a ton for your help.

  15. #15
    Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Table View
    Posts
    20,284
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis.se.foon View Post
    Ah. Your picture gave me a clue. I did some checking and the arrow under "movies" shows my movies folder and one of my "other videos" folders.
    Hmm, that shouldn't happen (although I've seen stranger issues). Are you sure the library type for your Music Videos library is "Other Videos" and not "Movies"?

    You can check by editing the library in the web client, it'll show the list of types like so:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zolani99 View Post
    The atheists won't be forced to bow their heads, they can just imagine themselves burning in hell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Plex Media Server settings and Streaming to Android box
    By koogs in forum TV Services, including DStv, Video on Demand, Video Streaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-09-2017, 01:24 PM
  2. Plex On Android Media Players
    By mister in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-09-2016, 03:14 PM
  3. Playing something on Plex without adding it to library
    By Nuro in forum TV Services, including DStv, Video on Demand, Video Streaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-06-2015, 09:08 AM
  4. Android PDF library
    By surfs-up in forum Android
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-06-2014, 11:16 PM
  5. DroidTV MX with Android 4.2.2 and XBMC/Plex
    By rakabos3 in forum Classifieds - For Sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 04:50 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •