Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: PS4 Peripherals for my son

  1. #31
    Paramedic medicnick83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CBD, Cape Town
    Posts
    20,390
    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
    I think someone mentioned it...
    Oh no! I saw various YT vids bud were people just plugged the stuff in and it worked for lots of games - however, certain games required the XIM.

  2. #32
    Super Grandmaster Soul Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sasolburg
    Posts
    7,201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicnick83 View Post
    Oh no! I saw various YT vids bud were people just plugged the stuff in and it worked for lots of games - however, certain games required the XIM.
    That's why I originally asked about Fortnite, it's the main game right now I can see a kid asking his parents to buy keyboard and mouse for console because it supports keyboard and mouse plug and play and it gives you an advantage over controller players.

  3. #33
    Paramedic medicnick83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CBD, Cape Town
    Posts
    20,390
    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
    That's why I originally asked about Fortnite, it's the main game right now I can see a kid asking his parents to buy keyboard and mouse for console because it supports keyboard and mouse plug and play and it gives you an advantage over controller players.
    Oh, I never tried that... I'll try tonight and see...

  4. #34
    Super Grandmaster Soul Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sasolburg
    Posts
    7,201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicnick83 View Post
    Oh, I never tried that... I'll try tonight and see...
    It obviously turns off aim assist but you get the precision of the mouse and you can have a dedicated keybind for every building piece.

  5. #35
    Psychonaut seven satanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    edge of the shroom
    Posts
    91,121
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    I honestly don't see much value in having something like that, not like you're doing a lot of typing on a console.
    When searching on YouTube etc.
    When we lose the right to critique (especially inside of groups we belong to) and have to accept mob rule, it is a step back towards slavery. Wynton Marsalis

  6. #36
    Grandmaster ryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    jhb
    Posts
    2,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicnick83 View Post
    Oh, I never tried that... I'll try tonight and see...
    how did it go ?
    Quote Originally Posted by PythonFSi View Post
    ass rules!

  7. #37
    Paramedic medicnick83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CBD, Cape Town
    Posts
    20,390
    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    how did it go ?
    I completely forgot

    Tonight, promise!

  8. #38
    Paramedic medicnick83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CBD, Cape Town
    Posts
    20,390
    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Didn't work, even on Fortnite - not for me anyways.

  9. #39
    Super Grandmaster SauRoNZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    26,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pretty sure there isn’t native support for keyboard and mouse on most games.

    I seem to recall only War Thunder actually.

  10. #40
    Grandmaster ryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    jhb
    Posts
    2,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicnick83 View Post
    Didn't work, even on Fortnite - not for me anyways.
    thanks, i was playing last night and watched some of the other players in action, this one guy jumped up and down and i was watching his aim, it was constantly and precisely on his opponent even when moving and jumping around. these guys are definitely using a mouse - no way you got that kinda skill on a normal controller.

    oh well it is what it is i suppose - i'm just happy to get a kill every now and again
    Quote Originally Posted by PythonFSi View Post
    ass rules!

  11. #41
    Super Grandmaster ponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Niflheimr
    Posts
    69,752
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    thanks, i was playing last night and watched some of the other players in action, this one guy jumped up and down and i was watching his aim, it was constantly and precisely on his opponent even when moving and jumping around. these guys are definitely using a mouse - no way you got that kinda skill on a normal controller.

    oh well it is what it is i suppose - i'm just happy to get a kill every now and again
    If i owned a console I would also invest in something like a XIM as a controller is simply useless! There's a reason they don't really crossplatform pc console online play as the console users will get fscked up by the pc players.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Computer peripherals?
    By HavocXphere in forum Software and Web Development
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 12:47 PM
  2. PC Peripherals for sale
    By LLoydizle in forum Classifieds - For Sale
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 10:09 AM
  3. Computer peripherals
    By Photosbot1 in forum Photography
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-08-2015, 09:22 AM
  4. PS3 peripherals (mouse+kb)
    By c3n0byt3 in forum Gaming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-12-2012, 01:51 PM
  5. Use your peripherals!
    By Keeper in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-07-2008, 10:09 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •