Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting a console

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right...got the PS4 with some games. horizon, last of us, god of war, DS3 in hardcopies...plus whatever is on friends online store thing

Should be good.

Also let me have a go at VR...was surprised at how good it was (Skyrim movement was intuitive) and how terrible it was (the "screen" has terrible RGB colour bleed issues on text - think cleartype)

Quote Originally Posted by crackersa View Post
    Iíll admit ps4 has better games but I have a hard time playing on a less technically superior console. And the controller sucks....the new scuf should make up for that.
    So was talking to friend about this. He's got a xbox one S (?) too...never uses it though cause wifi & UI is completely fkd on it. I'm like...weird.

I'm like yeah whatever hand it over I'll sort it. Pull up the networking menu. Asks me to type in SSID...weird...haven't been asked that in like 5 years. Type it in, no joy. Ask friend about search...yeah you press button Y. Do so...it finds exactly zero networks in a busy apartment block. Same thing for the other thing he ask me to attempt (enabling audio on headset) - there are like 5 different audio menus. That UX is legit fkin broken.

Now as a reference point I've used console controllers of either type for a grand total for ~20 mins in my entire life...so I'm literally coming at this cold on both fronts of this war. It's night & day in terms of usability, even if the xbox is more powerful (I don't know if it is). Was kinda ambivalent about either console till today.
    Beware weapons grade stupidity in post following this one

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackersa View Post
    I’ll admit ps4 has better games but I have a hard time playing on a less technically superior console. And the controller sucks....the new scuf should make up for that.
    Technically superior does not mean better, just ask the betamax guys The devs do seem to push more from the ps hardware, the digital foundry videos seem to confirm this which irates xbox owners. heard the same thing about controllers. only console i ever owned was the first PS, not my cup of tea
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Right...got the PS4 with some games. horizon, last of us, god of war, DS3 in hardcopies...plus whatever is on friends online store thing

Should be good.

Also let me have a go at VR...was surprised at how good it was (Skyrim movement was intuitive) and how terrible it was (the "screen" has terrible RGB colour bleed issues on text - think cleartype)

So was talking to friend about this. He's got a xbox one S (?) too...never uses it though cause wifi & UI is completely fkd on it. I'm like...weird.

I'm like yeah whatever hand it over I'll sort it. Pull up the networking menu. Asks me to type in SSID...weird...haven't been asked that in like 5 years. Type it in, no joy. Ask friend about search...yeah you press button Y. Do so...it finds exactly zero networks in a busy apartment block. Same thing for the other thing he ask me to attempt (enabling audio on headset) - there are like 5 different audio menus. That UX is legit fkin broken.

Now as a reference point I've used console controllers of either type for a grand total for ~20 mins in my entire life...so I'm literally coming at this cold on both fronts of this war. It's night & day in terms of usability, even if the xbox is more powerful (I don't know if it is). Was kinda ambivalent about either console till today.
    Sounds like his WiFi chip is probably broken and he should've swopped it out. I've got no problems connecting to 2.4ghz or 5 GHz networks.
    Also still prefer the Xbox controller to the PS one.
    I've been around for a long, long year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post

Should be good.

The XBox isn't more powerful than the PS4, The XBoxOneX is though. I much prefer the DS4 controller myself as it feels much more superior to the XBox controller, well, on the whole the PS just feels more superior to the XBox.
    DEL PythonFSi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123