Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTF was I thinking :(

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    i think they just need the proof of residence cause mtn asks for it , same with me i just got the device so they just doing what they are told.
    Well it seems to be a common problem, with cellphone stores as well, got a new usb modem about two years ago, went to the MTN store and was told you need proof of residence blah blah.Straight up since when do you need that for a device, I am not interested in a sim, Rica is for sim, not for devices.

They mentioned it's the law, nearly broke out laughing, as well as walking out of the store.Call the manager.Manager comes out, we need rica documents because it's the law.I mention, is takealot or online stores breaking the law by selling devices, without requiring documents.?

Um er....um huh you got me.So why don't you want to sell me a device without a sim.The response, um er..um.So I posed him a question, so if I were to plop down 12k cash on this table for a new device, without a sim, your are going to say no and lose out on a sale, because you don't know the law. Um...er...um, well sir we have to sell all devices with a sim card.No, you are obligated by your masters to do so.Didn't take kindly to that,I handed over my documents, and 30 minutes later job done.I ask for the bin, and scissors, opened the sim packet and took a scissor to the sim card and threw it in the bin and walked out.

The expression on their faces was pretty priceless.The newest thing now, is that places like pep and ackermans, void the warranty on your device if you use it with another network, wait...what.?
    If your parents didn't have kids, there is a good chance you won't either.

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
    Well it seems to be a common problem, with cellphone stores as well, got a new usb modem about two years ago, went to the MTN store and was told you need proof of residence blah blah.Straight up since when do you need that for a device, I am not interested in a sim, Rica is for sim, not for devices.

They mentioned it's the law, nearly broke out laughing, as well as walking out of the store.Call the manager.Manager comes out, we need rica documents because it's the law.I mention, is takealot or online stores breaking the law by selling devices, without requiring documents.?

Um er....um huh you got me.So why don't you want to sell me a device without a sim.The response, um er..um.So I posed him a question, so if I were to plop down 12k cash on this table for a new device, without a sim, your are going to say no and lose out on a sale, because you don't know the law. Um...er...um, well sir we have to sell all devices with a sim card.No, you are obligated by your masters to do so.Didn't take kindly to that,I handed over my documents, and 30 minutes later job done.I ask for the bin, and scissors, opened the sim packet and took a scissor to the sim card and threw it in the bin and walked out.

The expression on their faces was pretty priceless.The newest thing now, is that places like pep and ackermans, void the warranty on your device if you use it with another network, wait...what.?
    Its a bit of a joke - i had to collect a sim from a telkom store once , when i got there i realised i forgot my proof of residence.
    the consultant was like don't worry - calls up my profile reprints a statement and attaches it to the form - she says waste of time and paper but they have to do it they give them a hard time if its not there - but dont even check when it is there.
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just delivered the device, in time I might add.Thoroughly impressed....smoothest transaction I have ever done. kudos MTN, bar messing up my address, it's all good.
    If your parents didn't have kids, there is a good chance you won't either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123