Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: WTF was I thinking :(

  1. #31
    Grandmaster wizardofid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    freestate
    Posts
    3,665
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    i think they just need the proof of residence cause mtn asks for it , same with me i just got the device so they just doing what they are told.
    Well it seems to be a common problem, with cellphone stores as well, got a new usb modem about two years ago, went to the MTN store and was told you need proof of residence blah blah.Straight up since when do you need that for a device, I am not interested in a sim, Rica is for sim, not for devices.

    They mentioned it's the law, nearly broke out laughing, as well as walking out of the store.Call the manager.Manager comes out, we need rica documents because it's the law.I mention, is takealot or online stores breaking the law by selling devices, without requiring documents.?

    Um er....um huh you got me.So why don't you want to sell me a device without a sim.The response, um er..um.So I posed him a question, so if I were to plop down 12k cash on this table for a new device, without a sim, your are going to say no and lose out on a sale, because you don't know the law. Um...er...um, well sir we have to sell all devices with a sim card.No, you are obligated by your masters to do so.Didn't take kindly to that,I handed over my documents, and 30 minutes later job done.I ask for the bin, and scissors, opened the sim packet and took a scissor to the sim card and threw it in the bin and walked out.

    The expression on their faces was pretty priceless.The newest thing now, is that places like pep and ackermans, void the warranty on your device if you use it with another network, wait...what.?
    If your parents didn't have kids, there is a good chance you won't either.

  2. #32
    Super Grandmaster isie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
    Posts
    9,056
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
    Well it seems to be a common problem, with cellphone stores as well, got a new usb modem about two years ago, went to the MTN store and was told you need proof of residence blah blah.Straight up since when do you need that for a device, I am not interested in a sim, Rica is for sim, not for devices.

    They mentioned it's the law, nearly broke out laughing, as well as walking out of the store.Call the manager.Manager comes out, we need rica documents because it's the law.I mention, is takealot or online stores breaking the law by selling devices, without requiring documents.?

    Um er....um huh you got me.So why don't you want to sell me a device without a sim.The response, um er..um.So I posed him a question, so if I were to plop down 12k cash on this table for a new device, without a sim, your are going to say no and lose out on a sale, because you don't know the law. Um...er...um, well sir we have to sell all devices with a sim card.No, you are obligated by your masters to do so.Didn't take kindly to that,I handed over my documents, and 30 minutes later job done.I ask for the bin, and scissors, opened the sim packet and took a scissor to the sim card and threw it in the bin and walked out.

    The expression on their faces was pretty priceless.The newest thing now, is that places like pep and ackermans, void the warranty on your device if you use it with another network, wait...what.?
    Its a bit of a joke - i had to collect a sim from a telkom store once , when i got there i realised i forgot my proof of residence.
    the consultant was like don't worry - calls up my profile reprints a statement and attaches it to the form - she says waste of time and paper but they have to do it they give them a hard time if its not there - but dont even check when it is there.
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

  3. #33
    Grandmaster wizardofid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    freestate
    Posts
    3,665
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just delivered the device, in time I might add.Thoroughly impressed....smoothest transaction I have ever done. kudos MTN, bar messing up my address, it's all good.
    If your parents didn't have kids, there is a good chance you won't either.

  4. #34
    Grandmaster wizardofid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    freestate
    Posts
    3,665
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the assist guys. !! Much appreciated.

    BTW last item on the agenda was sorted this week when they issued the first invoice, for R72.00 odd rand having discounted the connection fee.

    Last item on the agenda, from the services activation menu on MTN active, which will be cheaper getting the minutes or just buying airtime, it doesn't seem all that cheaper, not that I make 50 minute calls, but still Once off and recurring is the same price ?


    Once-off Anytime 100min R 136.19 R 0.00 Activate
    Once-off Anytime 200min R 272.40 R 0.00 Activate
    Once-off Anytime 500min R 575.00 R 0.00 Activate
    Once-off Anytime 50min R 70.70 R 0.00 Activate
    If your parents didn't have kids, there is a good chance you won't either.

  5. #35
    Super Grandmaster cavedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    10,298
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
    Thanks for the assist guys. !! Much appreciated.

    BTW last item on the agenda was sorted this week when they issued the first invoice, for R72.00 odd rand having discounted the connection fee.

    Last item on the agenda, from the services activation menu on MTN active, which will be cheaper getting the minutes or just buying airtime, it doesn't seem all that cheaper, not that I make 50 minute calls, but still Once off and recurring is the same price ?


    Once-off Anytime 100min R 136.19 R 0.00 Activate
    Once-off Anytime 200min R 272.40 R 0.00 Activate
    Once-off Anytime 500min R 575.00 R 0.00 Activate
    Once-off Anytime 50min R 70.70 R 0.00 Activate
    Good to know yes the unbilled invoice is sometimes very misleading as it does not list credits. That said you should now know that after 24 months the "monthly credits" will no longer apply because the credits usually just gets added for the 24 months so after that upgrade or cancel because you will lose by paying the full price on a month to month basis.

    As for the minutes I'm not sure about those . You would need to see what is the call rate? If it's top up then MTN zone is also available to you. Some times MTN Zone discounts can be favorable and sometimes not so it's a gamble on that.

    If you have a openline contract then MTN zone is not available to you and you need to search the call rate or test it yourself and work out which would be more value for money.

  6. #36
    Grandmaster wizardofid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    freestate
    Posts
    3,665
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post
    Good to know yes the unbilled invoice is sometimes very misleading as it does not list credits. That said you should now know that after 24 months the "monthly credits" will no longer apply because the credits usually just gets added for the 24 months so after that upgrade or cancel because you will lose by paying the full price on a month to month basis.

    As for the minutes I'm not sure about those . You would need to see what is the call rate? If it's top up then MTN zone is also available to you. Some times MTN Zone discounts can be favorable and sometimes not so it's a gamble on that.

    If you have a openline contract then MTN zone is not available to you and you need to search the call rate or test it yourself and work out which would be more value for money.
    It's mychoice hybrid contract, so can activate services or topup with airtime, which is why I asked, any time minutes doesn't look all that good in my opinion, even mtn to mtn bundles is quite expensive..
    If your parents didn't have kids, there is a good chance you won't either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Was just thinking
    By shovenose in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-10-2011, 01:07 PM
  2. I know you are all thinking it, but
    By CharlieBravo in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-05-2010, 07:58 AM
  3. What are you thinking?
    By |tera| in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 13-05-2008, 02:43 PM
  4. What is FBC thinking?
    By rpm in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 12:20 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •