Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Access from internet to Paradox alarm system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Access from internet to Paradox alarm system

Hi,

I have a Paradox alarm system with the IP150 module installed for remote management. I current have an issue in that I can access the alarm when running the RAIN Fixed LTE-A on my Huawei B315s-936. When I change to the rain mobile sim issued by rain I can not connect. Does anybody know why this would happen?

Thanks

Joh

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check that the correct ports are open on the network you want to use
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't change any of the port settings on the router, I have just swapped the sim cards and restarted the router so everything should be the same, I assume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also struggling to get port forwarding to work on my Rain mobile sim. The port forwarding for my CCTV works perfectly on Telkom LTE (using unrestricted apn).

Have noticed that Rain mobile works when changing the apn from "rain" to "unrestricted", but port forwarding still not working.

I have contacted Rain to find out if an unrestricted apn is available for port forwarding, however they seem clueless. They are also unable to transfer the call to the networking team.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I am also struggling to get port forwarding to work on my Rain mobile sim. The port forwarding for my CCTV works perfectly on Telkom LTE (using unrestricted apn).

Have noticed that Rain mobile works when changing the apn from "rain" to "unrestricted", but port forwarding still not working.

I have contacted Rain to find out if an unrestricted apn is available for port forwarding, however they seem clueless. They are also unable to transfer the call to the networking team.
    Also been trying to get port forwarding working on my end. Didn't know that there was an "unrestricted" apn that is functioning on their network like Telkom has, very interesting indeed.
    And thats the bottom line, cause StoneCold said so...

Quote Originally Posted by vinodh View Post
    They must have throttled your cancellation request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

I have the B315 Huawei LTE router on Rain Fixed LTE with port forwarding working. Set it up quite a while back but I think you just specify the forwarding under: security --> Virtual Server and the incoming application under security --> Special Applications if that makes any sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onpartydig View Post
    I haven't change any of the port settings on the router, I have just swapped the sim cards and restarted the router so everything should be the same, I assume.
    For some vary wierd reason my lte router's wan address is not populated to paradoxmyhome when using the rain mobile sim as apposed to when using the rain fixed lte sim. I have no clue what is causing this. How can exchanging 2 different sims have such a different outcome?

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onpartydig View Post
    How can exchanging 2 different sims have such a different outcome?
    The rain mobile LTE uses a different APN and disables incoming connections. rain-fixed could be the opposite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CataclysmZA View Post
    The rain mobile LTE uses a different APN and disables incoming connections. rain-fixed could be the opposite.
    Quite possible, so not really very feasable for me.

+ Reply to Thread