Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 294

Thread: 'A matter of life & death’: 15,000 white South African farmers seek refuge in Russia

  1. #271
    Verboten Pitbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    56,560
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    Impoverished now, dangerous yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyro View Post
    The live in dangerous areas because they can’t afford to move to safer areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    So all impoverished areas are now dangerous?
    You lying sack of shyte.

    There are the posts in order you even quoted my post. I made a clear distinction between poor areas doesn't by default mean it's dangerous. You then posted that they live in dangerous areas because they can't afford safer areas. It's bullshyte and then claim I'm playing strawman arguments which it's not.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt! Avatar compliments of saor

  2. #272
    Super Grandmaster Knyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The lair
    Posts
    25,657
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    You lying sack of shyte.

    There are the posts in order you even quoted my post. I made a clear distinction between poor areas doesn't by default mean it's dangerous. You then posted that they live in dangerous areas because they can't afford safer areas. It's bullshyte and then claim I'm playing strawman arguments which it's not.
    FFS your logic skills suck.

    We both agree that people don't live in impoverished areas by choice. Check.

    Then you said people live in dangerous areas by choice. I said this is false, as if they could afford to, they would leave. Hence they don't live there by choice either.

    This is not the same as saying that impoverished areas are dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    Yes I'm an Australian citizen.

  3. #273
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KZN
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Deduction

    Quote Originally Posted by f2wohf View Post
    Wondering how my Xhosa friend understands Zulu Shona and Swahili without ever going to school to learn it...
    She must be bull****ting since it’s impossible for a Xhosa to understand Zulu.
    I see you need some help from -- "Inspector Clouseau" to explain deduction
    You base you explanation on the experiences of ONE person .... ???

    Many / Most black South Africans can speak and understand many indigenous African languages
    It comes about in general day to day interaction where you have people from different areas working or living n close proximity.
    For instance someone from the Transkei goes to work in Johannesburg -- where you have people from all over Africa
    By a natural process of inter-action different languages will be heard and learned
    Example -- there are MANY Zimbabweans in Johannesburg speaking their normal home language SHONA
    Because of the Matabele in the South ( Matabeleland ) many Shona understand Ndebele ( close to Zulu and Xhosa )
    There is NO need to go to "school" for this to occur -- it is a function of the natural language "melting-pot"
    HOWEVER
    It does NOT in any way imply that these languages are in any way -- THE SAME !
    Jedi Warrior - In Training
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    doctus cum multis libris

  4. #274
    Super Grandmaster f2wohf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,777
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Where did I say they’re the same?

    I said that it’s easy to understand. The same way than Portuguese or Romanian are easy to understand for me, southern Bantu languages are rather easy to understand for somebody who speaks it.

    Let’s leave it there, Knyro must be wrong and my friend must be a genius who learns new languages out of nowhere in a week.

  5. #275
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KZN
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Heterogeneous

    Quote Originally Posted by f2wohf View Post
    I still wonder how we did not perish impaled with spears with my Xhosa friend in Durban when she was speaking Zulu (that she’s not supposed to understand).
    Because -- I would imagine
    You were in "polite-society" in an URBAN area with younger educated people where the population was more heterogeneous ( and affluent)
    Jedi Warrior - In Training
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    doctus cum multis libris

  6. #276
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KZN
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Polyglot

    Quote Originally Posted by f2wohf View Post
    my friend must be a genius who learns new languages out of nowhere in a week.
    It is possible your friend is a POLYGLOT !

    Richard Burton ( the explorer ) was proficient in many different languages

    https://www.britannica.com/biography...r-and-explorer

    https://aplaceofbrightness.blogspot....-new-year.html
    Jedi Warrior - In Training
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    doctus cum multis libris

  7. #277
    Super Grandmaster ForceFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rural ZA
    Posts
    8,040
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWizard View Post
    Because -- I would imagine
    You were in "polite-society" in an URBAN area with younger educated people where the population was more heterogeneous ( and affluent)
    Not the case anymore. My friend's mom-in-law was Xhosa married to a rural Zulu family. Much of the feuds in the 80s were between ANC and IFP I believe
    Yeah whatever mate

  8. #278
    Super Grandmaster Knyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The lair
    Posts
    25,657
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWizard View Post
    Because -- I would imagine
    You were in "polite-society" in an URBAN area with younger educated people where the population was more heterogeneous ( and affluent)
    I would imagine black people are not the savages you think they are and they were never in any danger at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    Yes I'm an Australian citizen.

  9. #279
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pretoria Mahlanyeng
    Posts
    11,280
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWizard View Post
    Because -- I would imagine
    You were in "polite-society" in an URBAN area with younger educated people where the population was more heterogeneous ( and affluent)
    Still pretending to be an expert on Zulu/ Xhosa relations?
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

  10. #280
    Super Grandmaster Knyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The lair
    Posts
    25,657
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Still pretending to be an expert on Zulu/ Xhosa relations?
    I was in rural Limpopo once and I swear those Vendas had it in for me.

    Oh wait no they didn't. They welcomed me with open arms because one of them was getting married to my cousin.

    These MyBBers man smh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    Yes I'm an Australian citizen.

  11. #281
    Super Grandmaster ForceFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rural ZA
    Posts
    8,040
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knyro View Post
    I was in rural Limpopo once and I swear those Vendas had it in for me.

    Oh wait no they didn't. They welcomed me with open arms because one of them was getting married to my cousin.

    These MyBBers man smh.
    My friend is married to a rural Zulu lady. I've dated Zulu and Xhosa damsels at some point without issues.
    Yeah whatever mate

  12. #282
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KZN
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation THOKOZA !

    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Still pretending to be an expert on Zulu/ Xhosa relations?
    NOPE
    NO need to "pretend" -- perhaps YOU consider yourself an expert ?

    In 1990 in Thokoza, there was a massacre where hundreds of people died in what was believed to be a Xhosa vs Zulu feud. Men from the hostels were fighting the people in the nearby squatter camps. People went to seek refuge in the nearby hospital and they confirmed that the fight was between the two tribes. The squatter camps residents reported that Zulu men went head hunting Xhosa men, moving from door to door. This was long after the killings began. When questioned, some of the Zulu guys agreed to have gone to the Xhosa homes but they claimed that was to seek some agreement and bring peace to the area. Many of those who survived had gun shot wounds, and claimed to have been shot by police officers. The number of deaths due to gunshots were high, higher than those who were stabbed or beaten. There were also reports that the fighting was fueled by political parties rather than the tribal unions. It was said that the two political parties also divided the people according to their tribes and encouraged the confrontation. Similar fights were reported in Kwa-Zulu Natal around the same time. Those were not tribal per say, but rather directly linked to these political parties. Incidents like these also make one wonder about how it all truly began. Who started the killings and why? Obviously there is no straight answer to these questions. If anything, they raise emotions to those affected by the incidents.

    https://readerscafeafrica.com/2017/0...lu-xhosa-feud/

    Would you like more ?
    Jedi Warrior - In Training
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    doctus cum multis libris

  13. #283
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KZN
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down SAVAGES !

    Quote Originally Posted by Knyro View Post
    I would imagine black people are not the savages you think they are and they were never in any danger at all.
    SAVAGES
    Oh there are MANY of those

    Shock greeted news on Wednesday that a 92-year-old woman was found strangled in her room at a home for the aged in central Pietermaritzburg on Wednedsay.
    It is believed the motive for the horrific murder was robbery. The body of Patricia O’Connor was discovered on Wednesday morning by a cleaner at Kenwyn Retirement Home in Pietermaritz Street.
    Police said an intruder had apparently jumped over a high wall which adjoins a vacant plot of land, and was believed to have gained access to O’Connor’s room through a window. Sources said O’Connor’s body was found with “strangulation marks” on her neck.
    Police spokesperson Sergeant Mthokozisi Ngobese confirmed that a television set was stolen.


    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-home-20180711

    Let us not get started on the ever-present general murder rapine and mayhem -- not to mention the gratuitous violence of farm murders ......
    Jedi Warrior - In Training
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    doctus cum multis libris

  14. #284
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KZN
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Manners maketh Man

    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFate View Post
    My friend is married to a rural Zulu lady. I've dated Zulu and Xhosa damsels at some point without issues.
    YOU are obviously a gentleman and keep good company !
    Jedi Warrior - In Training
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    doctus cum multis libris

  15. #285
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KZN
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Knyro View Post
    I was in rural Limpopo once and I swear those Vendas had it in for me.
    Oh wait no they didn't. They welcomed me with open arms because one of them was getting married to my cousin.
    These MyBBers man smh.
    Perhaps it is true what they say -- LOVE IS BLIND !
    Perhaps the -- HAPPY EVER AFTER is also true ?
    Jedi Warrior - In Training
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    doctus cum multis libris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-06-2018, 11:10 AM
  2. Grave matter of death and life!!! HELP!!!
    By Necuno in forum TV Services, including DStv, Video on Demand, Video Streaming
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 31-08-2013, 06:41 PM
  3. Exodus of thousands of white South African farmers could be near.
    By KwaaiBoer in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 28-10-2010, 07:09 PM
  4. White Zimbabwe farmers win South Africa property
    By ninj.ga in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-03-2010, 09:02 PM
  5. Internet access can be a matter of life and death
    By Tomo3000 in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-11-2009, 01:54 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •